Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys wouldn't be ok with or understand if writers decided that in this one part of this one episode Ryan and Natalia are absent if it meant having the episode work and be believeable? I mean this is supposed to be a pretty pivotal ep....it is how the team was formed; back then. We know how Ryan and Natalia became part of the team. So if they are not there in the flashback when the ep premieres....I will understand why.
I probably would have been okay with it if there wasn't so much neglect before.We do know how they became part of the team,it just doesn't feel as if that's what they are,part of the team.Because this is a pivotal episode,it will set the tone of the season,at least for me.Leaving them out will just show we will be in for more of the same,they still aren't important enough to be seen as part of the team.Of course the episode is complete so what ever is done is done.The info on the opening page of this site states it is Horatio that flashes back 12 years(that is also stated on another site)If that is true,that can change how some of the flashback is presented.If Ryan and Natalia aren't in the flashback,I hope they are at least shown enough in the present day,that they aren't just all but forgotten.I hope that the writers haven't decided that it's alright to have Ryan ,and even more so Natalia, absent yet again.
How the team came to be didn't necessarily have to mean how the first team came to be.How the team came to be could have included everyone that is part of the team today also.The flashbacks,while starting in 1997,didn't have to be restricted to that year alone.The flashback could have included a series of first meetings,not all taking place in 1997.Because it is a pivotal episode,everyone should have and could have been included.
DITTO!!! If I say anything more it will wind up a rant, so I'm just going to agree 100% with the above post. ;)

I probably would have been okay with it if there wasn't so much neglect before.We do know how they became part of the team,it just doesn't feel as if that's what they are,part of the team.Because this is a pivotal episode,it will set the tone of the season,at least for me.Leaving them out will just show we will be in for more of the same,they still aren't important enough to be seen as part of the team.

I completely agree. Since they couldn't get Rory to return, maybe they could get Kim to. Not that I cared much for the Megan character, but they could use her in the scene with young Ryan instead of Speed. It would be plenty believable that way. They could also have Megan cross paths with Natalia. I think they could probably get Kim to agree to come back for an ep a lot easier than they could Rory. :lol:

How the team came to be didn't necessarily have to mean how the first team came to be.How the team came to be could have included everyone that is part of the team today also.The flashbacks,while starting in 1997,didn't have to be restricted to that year alone.The flashback could have included a series of first meetings,not all taking place in 1997.Because it is a pivotal episode,everyone should have and could have been included.

Again, I completely agree with you. They could have Horatio thinking back to when he met Ryan and Natalia. Even if they have to use old clips from old episodes, at least they would be including Ryan and Natalia in some way.

You know, as corny as it may sound, I would kind of like them to in present time show each of the team members reactions to Eric's injury and have each one flashback to happy moments with Eric and have it all set to music... a slow, nice song that fits the mood. Kind of like how they did on NY when D/L got married... only the song they'd play while Eric was in the hospital would be something that would kind of make you cry. :lol: something like kix's don't close your eyes or something, but something more today. :lol:

something like kix's don't close your eyes or something, but something more today. :lol:

I do like the idea of each one "remembering". Yes, in a way it drips with Cheez Whiz, but if done correctly it would be ok. I don't think that's what we'll see though, unfortunatly. Maybe they can save that for his official exit, which I truly hope (at least right now) that it isn't death that takes him out. :)

Again, I completely agree with you. They could have Horatio thinking back to when he met Ryan and Natalia. Even if they have to use old clips from old episodes, at least they would be including Ryan and Natalia in some way.

I'm not sure if the flashback is exclusively from Eric's point of view, but if it is, then Ryan and Nat will most likely play no signifigant role in them. And again I say that if they can't pull it off, then leave it out. I doubt Eric would have witnessed encounters or bumped into everyone he meets today.

However, I do agree that this IS the premier and it would be nice to touch upon all the characters at least a little bit, and I am all for them using more than one person's POV during these flashbacks so that all our favorite people can be used. I guess it's really about how they go about it and how well they do Ryan's part, since he is obviously the most difficult one of the bunch. :lol:

I'm not sure if the flashback is exclusively from Eric's point of view, but if it is, then Ryan and Nat will most likely play no signifigant role in them. And again I say that if they can't pull it off, then leave it out. I doubt Eric would have witnessed encounters or bumped into everyone he meets today.

However, I do agree that this IS the premier and it would be nice to touch upon all the characters at least a little bit, and I am all for them using more than one person's POV during these flashbacks so that all our favorite people can be used. I guess it's really about how they go about it and how well they do Ryan's part, since he is obviously the most difficult one of the bunch. :lol:

According to the press release for the premiere the flashback is actually from Horatio's pov. Which makes sense since of his CSI's that he is close with is practically on his death bed

^ aha, then I guess they could get away with sneaking in Ryan and Nat. Maybe like GNRF suggested there could be a chance H knows a relative of Ryan's, you know the whole 'it's in his blood' thing. Bah, idk. I should be paid to think this hard :lol:

^ aha, then I guess they could get away with sneaking in Ryan and Nat. Maybe like GNRF suggested there could be a chance H knows a relative of Ryan's, you know the whole 'it's in his blood' thing. Bah, idk. I should be paid to think this hard :lol:
They absolutely could have Ryan and Nat in someway.I really think it would be a whole lot easier having them in because it is Horatio's flashback instead of Delko's.I have to wonder if that was a change from what we read earlier because Rory declined to appear?

Woo! I just watched the scene again and it gives me goosebumps. As far as him saying he's all he has left, maybe he meant he sees him as a brother/close adult he can relate to in his life? IDK...

So much to comment on, so little time:(

Believe it or not I would like it more if they scrapped Ryan's part in the flashback rather than have JT do it himself and have it look phony. We have personally witnessed his transformation since season 3 and there's a very slim chance he could pull it off with conventional make up, props, and even CGI. I rather him not be in those those 5 seconds than to see them do the scene poorly.

I concur. Better scrap than do a scene that doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the episode.
It really is a strange thing to have Horatio say. I guess the fact that they don't show Ray Jr. or Madison as part of his life anymore makes me assume they really aren't close to Horatio any longer.

The last couple of times Yelina and Horatio have been together it's been distant and strange. The closeness just didn't seem to be there any longer.

I desperately want to see Horatio and Kyle become closer. I don't think they have a close father/son bond yet. I think they love each other, but they've haven't established a comfortable closeness yet.

Horatio and Calleigh are worlds apart and have been for years.

I think Horatio genuinely likes Natalia and he appears to "lighten" when he's around her, but not enough time together or shared experiences.

He obviously trusts Wolfe a great deal, and Ryan has really put himself out there for Horatio, and I do think that bond has started and will continue to grow with time.

Horatio does come across as an extremely lonely man. Delko has been through the most with him in the job and in his personal life. I can see in a moment of extreme distress where Horatio could possibly feel that Delko is all he has as. __________________

That whole "you are all I have left" had me stratching my head as well. Maybe it is because Eric is the one he has felt closest to after all these years (then adding he was Eric's brother in law for a while) especially after Speed died. Ray Jr. and Madison aren't his children and he hasn't known Kyle all that long. I can kind of see his relationship with Ryan becoming that close; it has shown signs of that for awhile.
I agree that Horatio is a lonely man. I have always gotten the feeling that Horatio has deliberately isolated himself from everyone, maybe to do the things that he does.

They could do a similar thing with Ryan. They could even just have someone mention his name. Or oohh I have it! Remember Horatio's line about Ryan being a cop being in his blood? Maybe they could say that Horatio has met Ryan's Uncle Ron. They don't even have to mention Ryan's name... they could just mention the name Ron Wolfe and that will be enough for me. And that could be done without breaking the fourth wall or whatever. We don't know a whole lot about Ron. Maybe he used to be a cop and Ryan followed in his footsteps. From the way Ryan's talked about his uncle, he was a big influence on him growing up and it sounded as if the two were close... so I've thought that maybe even Ron might have even had a hand in raising him.

Interesting idea. We don't know if Uncle Ron is the safecracker uncle Ryan mentioned, so that could work.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch if Ryan bumped into Cal. Like I said before, you're bound to bump into and interact with the same person once or twice if you're interested in the same field and exact same department as them. It's called connections. :thumbsup: Maybe Ryan will meet her briefly and never know her name or whatever. Maybe they changed the scene and he'll be looking down at a map, bump into her, say sorry and never look up.

My only concern is the visual appeal of young Ryan. If they can't pull it off properly then eh. It's 5 less seconds of Ryan in the episode. We're used to so much worse.

The last idea would be interesting (bump into her and never looked up). That actually sounds vaguely familar. I think it was used before (don't ask me where) and effectively.

When it concerns Ryan, we sure have.

I probably would have been okay with it if there wasn't so much neglect before.We do know how they became part of the team,it just doesn't feel as if that's what they are,part of the team.Because this is a pivotal episode,it will set the tone of the season,at least for me.Leaving them out will just show we will be in for more of the same,they still aren't important enough to be seen as part of the team.Of course the episode is complete so what ever is done is done.The info on the opening page of this site states it is Horatio that flashes back 12 years(that is also stated on another site)If that is true,that can change how some of the flashback is presented.If Ryan and Natalia aren't in the flashback,I hope they are at least shown enough in the present day,that they aren't just all but forgotten.I hope that the writers haven't decided that it's alright to have Ryan ,and even more so Natalia, absent yet again.

That is my biggest fear for this season above and beyond episode one. Too much new guy, little screen time and long over due character development for Ryan and Nat.

This season will be worth it to me if they drop the Ryan getting in trouble stigma and possibly hook him up with a decent storyline or fallout from WISC.

I would rather see a new decent story line for Ryan (showing him in a leadship role or a obvious hero) I agree with Greatfan, WISC fallout (outside of a OCD flair up or nightmares) would spell more trouble for Ryan.

I got a lot to say but let me start with this...

*shutters*

That scene gave me goosebumps and nearly had me crying in the computer lab. David's perfomance was brillant and it got me thinking on why I loved Horatio from the start. I wanted to jump into the screen and give him a hug I was so moved and that's a testiment of just how close him and Eric are.

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit though. I think we're all excited about this episode and the potential of a great new season but I think we're getting too much into things. I was saddened when in the wake of seeing probably the most moving scene of Horatio in the history of this series...that some people were mad because he said that Eric was all he had. Really! Of course in the physical familar sense, no Eric is not all Horatio has, he does have Kyle and the rest of the team. But you can tell that the bond between these two is close and powerful and it would be silly for us to understand it fully...it's not going to happen. See it from Horatio's view...he lost his mother due to his abusive father, he lost his wife a woman that he loved dearly and obivously blames himself for it...and he lost his baby brother. Eric's been there when Horatio needed him the most. So when you're losing people you love around you and who see the real you but one...heck yeah Eric is all he has left.

We should be rejoicing right now! For the first time in years, we got a vuleraible, emotional, loving, caring Horatio who can't bear the thought of losing his closest and dearest friend. I'll tell you, I'm freaking excited right now! There are going to be plenty of things we are going to complain/grumble about this season...leave that beautiful moment out. It was perfect and tptb handled it with grace and absolute beauty and should be congraulated.

Ok off of one rant and into another...

Ryan and Nataila...We can't always get what we want, and this episode is a testimant of that. As much as we would have loved to have these two amazing characters be a major part of the storyline this episode...it's simply not possible. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to watch Ryan for an hour and be actively involved in this flashback. But they're going back 12 years! I think including them would be ruining the premise of the episode and what the director wanted to convay to the audience. I don't think they are going to be forgotten, but I think we need to accept that tptb know what they're doing. I'm going to give them the benifit of the doubt and trust them.

Truth is, we all know what these characters are capable of, we know what the actors that play them are capable of. I'm not worried, this is Ryan and Natalia's year! I think we are seriously going to get more on these two amazing characters than we ever have. :)

Ok Rant over...now on to the good stuff, do they really expect after seeing that preview that I'm going to be a good girl and wait patiently for Sept. 21??? I DON'T THINK SO!! :guffaw:

I need my Miami fix and I need it now!!

I was saddened when in the wake of seeing probably the most moving scene of Horatio in the history of this series...that some people were mad because he said that Eric was all he had. Really! Of course in the physical familar sense, no Eric is not all Horatio has, he does have Kyle and the rest of the team. But you can tell that the bond between these two is close and powerful and it would be silly for us to understand it fully...it's not going to happen. See it from Horatio's view...he lost his mother due to his abusive father, he lost his wife a woman that he loved dearly and obivously blames himself for it...and he lost his baby brother. Eric's been there when Horatio needed him the most. So when you're losing people you love around you and who see the real you but one...heck yeah Eric is all he has left.

We should be rejoicing right now! For the first time in years, we got a vuleraible, emotional, loving, caring Horatio who can't bear the thought of losing his closest and dearest friend. I'll tell you, I'm freaking excited right now! There are going to be plenty of things we are going to complain/grumble about this season...leave that beautiful moment out. It was perfect and tptb handled it with grace and absolute beauty and should be congraulated.
So very nicely put, I totally agree! People also have to think about the fact that Horatio has it set in his mind that he may never see Eric alive again. When you think you're going to lose someone you love & desperatly want to hold onto, then it's pretty normal to be fixated on that one person. We all know Eric isn't the only one left in H's life, but in that moment, it's Eric, not anyone else, who's clinging to life.

I also like the fact that this is something that I just would never have expected to see Horatio say to anyone, let alone out loud, so this is major improvement. He's finally getting his feelings out --it's been years since the death of Speed, Ray, & Marisol; & though we've seen hints of his grief, he's never actually SAID how he felt about losing them. When he choked saying Speed's name I wanted to bawl! Nice touch David, you go baby!! :lol:

You're right, put in the right context it isn't like he's trying to leave the others out. My knee-jerk reaction was that it was just another way the writers were purposely leaving out Ryan and Natalia like they have done time and again. But, if that had been the case then he would have mentioned Calleigh and Eric only. :lol: But, Cal was left out as well.

I hope they promote that scene all over the place before the premiere. I think some people don't watch Miami because they claim Horatio is robotic and that bothers them. Well, this scene was definitely not robotic. I'm glad David finally gets a chance to show some emotion cause like I said, he is a really good actor when he's allowed to do something that shows off his talents the way that this scene does. I'm was just like "wow" about it. It's like a new side to Horatio. I'm loving that and I hope we get him more like that this season. Less Super H and more Human H. :)

I got a lot to say but let me start with this...

*shutters*

That scene gave me goosebumps and nearly had me crying in the computer lab. David's perfomance was brillant and it got me thinking on why I loved Horatio from the start. I wanted to jump into the screen and give him a hug I was so moved and that's a testiment of just how close him and Eric are.

Totally and completely agree. I'm so thrilled that David is getting a chance to show just a small fraction of what he can do as an actor. I hope they let him continue as the season goes on. Go David!

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit though. I think we're all excited about this episode and the potential of a great new season but I think we're getting too much into things. I was saddened when in the wake of seeing probably the most moving scene of Horatio in the history of this series...that some people were mad because he said that Eric was all he had. Really! Of course in the physical familar sense, no Eric is not all Horatio has, he does have Kyle and the rest of the team. But you can tell that the bond between these two is close and powerful and it would be silly for us to understand it fully...it's not going to happen. See it from Horatio's view...he lost his mother due to his abusive father, he lost his wife a woman that he loved dearly and obivously blames himself for it...and he lost his baby brother. Eric's been there when Horatio needed him the most. So when you're losing people you love around you and who see the real you but one...heck yeah Eric is all he has left.

Excellent statement! I know you can't see me, but I'm giving you a standing ovation! :thumbsup: This is the Horatio I've been waiting to see. The one I aways knew was in there somewhere. Not the distant, robotic, depressed loner we've been shown for the past 3 seasons.

Ok off of one rant and into another...

Ryan and Nataila...We can't always get what we want, and this episode is a testimant of that. As much as we would have loved to have these two amazing characters be a major part of the storyline this episode...it's simply not possible. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to watch Ryan for an hour and be actively involved in this flashback. But they're going back 12 years! I think including them would be ruining the premise of the episode and what the director wanted to convay to the audience. I don't think they are going to be forgotten, but I think we need to accept that tptb know what they're doing. I'm going to give them the benifit of the doubt and trust them.

Truth is, we all know what these characters are capable of, we know what the actors that play them are capable of. I'm not worried, this is Ryan and Natalia's year! I think we are seriously going to get more on these two amazing characters than we ever have. :)

You're right. We have a whole season for Natalia, Ryan and Frank. I think it's just that a lot of us have lost patience waiting. But I think we can be patient for one more episode. ;)

Thanks for an amazing post. And like you, I'm really anxious to get this season started.

OK I just watched the preview and I agree with you guys. That was moving and intense (emotionally that is)

In regards to Horatio neglecting his family, I think judging from the scene that his mind isn't there as he is worried about Eric and him mentioning Marisol and Speed are likely due to them being around him and Eric more than his family

You're right. We have a whole season for Natalia, Ryan and Frank. I think it's just that a lot of us have lost patience waiting. But I think we can be patient for one more episode. ;)
I'm one of the ones that have lost patience as you can see by my previous post.Hopefully the whole season will be put to good use for these characters and we won't be left saying every single week,one more episode.I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope the season will help change my thinking that these characters are seen as lesser team members by the writers and some fans.
I do agree that the promo clip looks great and look forward to seeing the episode with all the characters playing an important role in the premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back