Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

^ I agree with you. It would make it interesting if Jesse ends up being a little "dark". Eric leaving is going to make me more of a Ryan fan too, I believe. I want to meet the Jesse character and see what he has to offer to the team, but I'll miss my Eric.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ I thought the same about Eva's comment,that it was Natalia she was speaking of in terms of romance.

3. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

I don't want Jesse to replace Eric!!! And if tptb can't help but get rid of Eric, then I want Ryan to take that special place that Eric had in H's heart... not someone named Jesse Cardoza!!!

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

WHOA hold on now, did I miss something?

I think Eva was just joking around with the "eddie up for grabs" thing. Maybe she just meant between cast members, flirting and the such?

Also, they haven't said Adam was quitting or whatever. Maybe he just needs time off this season. There was no say on whether or not he was gone for good, was there?

Sorry, I just haven't been keeping up with the 3 pages of forum I've been gone for, :lol:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I honestly don't think they'll have Jesse's character go the "dark storyline" route because they kind of did that with Tara. At least I hope they don't go that route again.

6. Wasabi Power

It certainly seems Jesse is the focus of most of these spoilers, but I'm not sure he's the focus of the episodes. Still...Before I was a bit more open minded, but now I'm more worried.

It appeals to me that Jesse isn't a complete rookie, but I still don't think he can just swoop into such an attention grabbing role. He may have been a figure in the team's past, but to the audience he is new, and besides...Ryan has been ON the team for the past 4 seasons, he should be the one taking advantage of any additional plots or screen time, and I feel he should adopt Eric's place if Eric leaves for any period of time, because he is closer to the team and to us, the audience.

I think a lot of tptb feel the need to open up a new character like a book right away, even if it means not using any of the facts they give us about them (Ryan's OCD and family, for example).

EDIT: And please no more romances! Yeesh.

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Once again:lol: ......My thoughs too.:lol:

Well I am left wondering for how long the exit was planned or known? And if the storylines could or should have been handled better leading up to exit? and nope I have not left my hiphuggerheaven. But the "ordinary" fan (who does not post in forums) will this rollercoasterride be to much?
    And will the balance between feelgoodmoments - laughter - dark crime change for the worse?

They didnĀ“t handle Tara intro very well and they still have Horatios son hanging around, so ......

8. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

If they plans romance between the new guy and Calleigh in the future then I'll stop watch the show, because it'd be the worst idea ever. I agree with you that she didn't mean it that way, at least I hope so.
    Maybe it wasn't said literally he'll be goone for good, but I don't have any hope he'll ever returns to the show.:(

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I know this was way back on the other page (maybe the other thread) but I have to comment! :lol: I am definitely not jealous of this new guy. For me it's not even a matter of who is better looking. I've been a Ryan fan pretty much from the beginning (okaay, I liked Eric at first, but not for long) and for as long as he's in Miami, he will be my favourite character. Even if he does something horribly awful, he'll still be my favourite character. I unno, I guess I feel some sort of loyalty towards his character. o_O So no, no jealousy.

I'm mostly just slightly mad that the new character even gets to do anything in the new episode, especially with characters like Ryan and Natalia who don't get enough time, no matter what anyone thinks. Even if I wasn't a Ryan fan, I could see that. I mean what does Jesse do, save some woman or whatever? Why him? Right away? :rolleyes: I'd like it a lot better if they introduced him the way they introduced Natalia. She just sort of says hi, you know she's there, and then they work their way up with getting us to know her. But I suppose some people probably like that they're jumping right in with the new character. *sigh*

I don't think Eva LaRue was being completely serious and sometimes I think the actors are only speculating when they say things like that. I don't think she seriously meant she thought they were gonna put Jesse with Calleigh. I wouldn't get too worked up over that too when we have these other spoilers that give us plenty of worrying. :p

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Let's 86 the romances for awhile and stick to getting back to basics; solving cases and lab work.

There are a few things that the writers could do with Jesse that wouldn't make me too happy:

1. Make him single and make him think he is God's gift to women. That type of man leaves me cold. Keep him away from Calleigh, Natalia, Maxine, etc., etc.

2. Make him Super-Jesse CSI supreme, showing up the more senior CSI's. Let him struggle a little while he adjusts to a new city and new crew. Newbie prank, anyone?

3. If this is truly Adam's swan song (here's hoping NOT) having Jesse leapfrog over Ryan to alpha male, giving first dibbs on the quality and quantity character development and screen time.

If these happen I could be so frustrated, I would be as bald as Frank, pulling out all my hair:(

Frankly, IMHO, they should have not hired EC, and used his salary to booster Adam's to keep in the fold (if he IS leaving and money IS the issue)

That is why I love this forum; you guys think of things that I don't remember but I agree with too:thumbsup::) Ryan's eyes, smile and sense of humor keep me coming back for more. Besides, IMO, the shirtless things strikes me as being sort of gimmicky. At least when Eric's shirt was off, it was for a legitimate reason (getting out of the shower)

Again until I hear officially he is gone, he isn't gone.

11. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

Now im an Eric/Adam fan and am sad to see him go but what will make me stop watching this show altogether is if they dont give enough screen time to Togo and La Rue. I know it may not happen right away....or at least until Eric is gone but I hope and expect to see some wolfe and Boa Vista action before the season ends. And if this is infact Adams last season (everything is pointing to it is), hopefully his exit will be well written. The writers are getting on my nerves.

12. Wasabi Power

If Adam leaves they truly need to honor his departure by giving our more senior and underused characters better plots and more development.

They can give Ryan and Nat all the screen time in the world- it's useless to me unless it means we can get some good development!

I have about 12 different things I want to know about Ryan off the top of my skull!!

13. electra

electra Pathologist

It really looks like Adam is leaving.:(I still watch vegas after grissom left becouse the cases are interesting but I doubt that I will care about Miami without my Adam fix.It's not like they have developed the other characters properly.Maybe that's why they plan to focus so much on the new guy.

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I will be very upset if the Eddie's character gets the storylines that characters who have been there longer rightfully deserve. I mean I would personally take that as a slap in the face if it were me. As it is screen time is limited so instead of letting a veteran shine, the newbie gets the attention? They are not brining him in as rookie. He has a history with Horatio already....some things can be easily done by simply saying them and not totally devoting alot of time to it. Sure, I want to learn about him but not at the expense of the established characters.

LV did do something great last season and that was integrating Riley smoothly and w/o much drama. Granted Lauren Lee Smith will no longer be on the show but the character arrived quietly and did her job... she didn't overtake. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Langston who is getting storylines some other characters should be getting. But we are talking about Lawrence Fishourne here...the guy is a veteran actor and was specifically brought in to be a show runner. IMO Eddie is not that type of actor.

15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Miamiwolfe, you and I don't agree on lots of things, but we are in solidarity on this one. I agree, if money was the issue, then EC should NEVER have been hired and until I hear it officially...and Eva LaRue is not an official source from where I stand, Adam isn't gone until he's gone. Does anyone but me think that the possible and rumored departure could be temporary as in him making a movie and needing away time so that both things can be achieved? I'm dangling hope here because I really enjoy Adam Rodriguez and find it almost insane for him to not sign on for another year at least. He's got the stoylines and the girl. Hello! Things are good, why leave?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.