Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Thank you Tally! Greatly appreciated!!!

I cna name about 15 characters if not more. The only ones who have major things at the moment seem to be Warrick, Ronnie (unrelated to Sara-Ronnie getting herself in trouble in one ep, and will she live, leave or stay). The mob wife, unrelated to Grissom. What will her part be?

Anything I forgot?

2. Veze

Veze Rookie

Well, I used to enjoy the spoilers threads here. But I think I'll go spoiler-free this years because I'm tired of shipper discussions (here, in episode thread... everywhere).

So If I want to stay "shipper-free" I have to go Spoiler-free too.

It's sad because we used to have pretty good discussions over speculations and theories before.

Take care everyone and I wish you all a great 8th season!

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

From BuddyTV: Ep 808 Cockroaches.

“Cockroaches” opens with a cop pursuing a garbage truck which is spewing out papers, not to mention two dead bodies. One of the bodies is identified as Jason Crewes, a 27-year-old king of the Las Vegas club scene, while the other one is Brody Biggs, a former cop and associate of the mob family, Pezzulo.

Grissom and Catherine Willows ((Marg Helgenberger) process the bodies, Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan) is given the garbage truck and Greg Sanders (Eric Szmanda), to his reluctance, the trail of garbage.

James "Jim" Brass (Paul Guilfoyle) talks to Jason's mother, Jessica, who is later identified as Kate Pezzulo, a mob wife who is in the witness protection program. Her husband was killed 24 years ago and the feds allowed Kate and Jason to stay in Vegas, believing they would be safer there.

Later, the team finds the connection between the two bodies.

Another spoiler for this episode is Warrick's personal problems. As he delves deeper into the case, he indulges into drinking, some prescription pills, which results to some hallucinations and a sexual affair with stripper.

4. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Thanks Wojo!

Veze, sad but true...I'm sick of the shipping going on around here...

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Then let's talk about something else! Change the subject! I'm willing to talk about lots of stuff!

Let's talk about the upcoming cases, about the interaction between Ronnie and Sara and whether or not they're too alike to be friends.

Personally, I'm hoping either Nick or Grissom notes to Sara that Ronnie's not that unlike she was in her youth. There's this whole thing going on with their characters in that Sara's a fish out of water, and maybe Ronnie is, too.

Maybe Ronnie's coming to us fresh, and that's why she's paired with Sara, so they're both fresh and new on this shift, in a sense. We all know Sara can be a great mentor. Maybe they'll grow to be like a big sister/little sister combo...

What about the upcoming Warrick stuff? Do we think he's faking the stuff with getting into the drugs and such, or is he really on a downward spiral? Did someone recruit him to go undercover since we know he's pretty good at putting up a facade, such as when he helped take down the judge who was blackmailing him after he accidentally bet on the wrong team back in the day?

What about the rumors that Grissom and Warrick have an argument during that episode? Do we think Grissom's in on it, and how "heated" will the whole thing get? Is Warrick no longer Grissom's favourite son?

Let's chat! :) I'm willing!

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Reminds me of Greg having to do the trail of bullets in A Bullet Runs Through It and then dumpster diving in Lab Rats. It sucks to be a CSI Level 1. :lol:

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Alyssa :D I like your attitude :)

I don't think that Warrick is faking. Last week he wasn't looking to happy, understandibly. I'm not so sure why the divorce would be so hard on him since they weren't happy, but maybe there is more behind it than just the divorce. It didn't sound faking to me, nor a red herring, sadly. I think that if they do it right, and with enough buildup, it could be great. They need more buildup though than just him looking sad...

I think that Ronnie will be a pain in the butt who will turn into a likeable pain in the butt...but we will see. I can't decide yet. I went into the Keppler plot hating him, and I learned from that, since after he died I realized how much I liked him, so I am trying not to dislike her in advance

8. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Thanks pabzi! LOL!

See, that's the issue right there. You really hit it. Warrick has always had his little instabilities and habits. Back in the day, he was a gambler, but he tried to get away from it and get it out of his system, but I could see him going back to that if he were feeling really low.

However, the writers better be reading each other's stuff so they can drop hints at his instability in earlier episodes before hitting us with it, and making it, "Where the CRAP did that come from?" There needs to be a realistic buildup in order for the fans to not revolt, I think.

As for Ronnie, I'm curious about how they are going to play her. When they first brought in Sophia, I remember reading an article about how she was written to just talk so much that she annoyed Grissom, but we saw how that direction, and really her whole character, evolved into something different.

I'm thinking Ronnie's going to come in and probably piss a bunch of us off at first because we're really settled into our CSI layout. We know the characters. We like them. We've had stability for a long while, and this is going to shake it up.

They pulled off the Keppler arc REALLY well, but I worry that if they put ANOTHER person in danger it's going to go into overkill. They have to be really careful with Ronnie, because she could be a hit or a miss depending on their aim and patience in crafting the throw.

Sorry... it's baseball season. :)

9. Toots

Toots Pathologist

A couple of thoughts:

- While Greg is rummaging through the garbage, perhaps he'll find some good, solid evidence that will aid in solving the case. He's always been very good at bringing in the closer evidence.

- I'm all for Warrick getting a good story, honest, but I don't understand why a divorce from a woman who it turns out he really didn't know all that well (even though they were man and wife) would cause him to go over the deep end with drinking, pill popping, and boffing a stripper. More believable would be that he's just plain horny.

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ooooh i hope this happens, that would be great. A relapse for an addict isn't far fetched...

I have a feeling this is going to come out of left field. We know about it from reading spoilers, but on the show there probably won't be many signs. Maybe something very subtle, but knowing the way they handle warrick storylines?

11. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

You are VERY right about the stability issue, which was my problem with Keppler. We are used to things a certain way. 8 years is a hell of a long time, and we got used to it (I've been watching only 2 years, but still)...I just hope that they don't kill her off. Maybe she gets sick of the high crime rate, or gets weirded out by whatever dangerous situation she was in and wants to go back where she came from, or maybe she decides that she'd rather be a sheperdess :p

I hope that the writers don't think that Warrick just being sad is buildup. they need to show something like him drinking after shift, alone, or someone talking to him about the fact that he isn't looking good or both...

12. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Maybe along with Warrick's sadness from his divorce, he'll try to put the moves on Catherine, but she's smart enough to realize that an office romance is just plain stupid, so she rebuffs him causing him to start doing all that other bad stuff.

On a separate issue, the new issue of TV Guide (October 15 -21) Hotlist has a small picture of Grissom and Greg (YES!), and underneath the picture it says: "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION - Dead dude looks like a lady! The team that's seen everything gets an eye-opening lesson in ID'ing a male corpse with a woman's body."

I'm easily entertained. I love the picture of Grissom and Greg. It's the same one that has been posted in the spoiler picture thread, but this one made it to TV Guide.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well Nick and Warrick have something in common, they both have slept with ladies of the nights.

14. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Well, Catherine was a stripper. Maybe Wark is acting out a fantasy with a surrogate.
    LaSquisita

15. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

http://www.tvguide.com/ask-ausiello
    I don't want to see my Warrick backslide, he is the rock of of the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.