Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

I'm not crazy about the team split (if it happens) but if it means Nick & Greg will work together I can live with it and if it means Grissom and Sara won't work together I am all for it. I (and other fans) need a break from GSR.

2. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I'm thinking Nicky stays on Grissom's team. Catherine gets Vivian and Warrick, right? Then Grissom probably keeps Greg and Nicky. Sara's probably out of comission, she should be anyway. She needs to take some time off after that.

3. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

Yes, Catherine definitely gets Warrick. :devil:

I really don't like the idea of Vivian, but if she adds some comic relief, she'll at least be tolerable.

4. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

The idea of a new character doesn't exactly thrill me... Like others have previously stated, I don't want to take away precious screen time from our original team.

And then there's the re-appearance of the swing shift. I can't stand it! CSI isn't the same when everyone's natural chemistry isn't playing out with each other!

The only thing that's got me remotely interested in season eight is the new Grissom story plot, and seeing how TPTB conclude GSR. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed.

5. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I was reading on Wikipedia about Juliette Goglia (Hannah West, "The Unusual Suspect") is supposed to do an Episode of CSI in 2007 as Hannah West.. Anyone else hear this?

6. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

Any word on whether Sofia is in any episodes beyond episode 1?

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Not yet --- just a new detective (Holstein) and a new CSI Level one (Vivian Lee)

8. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

That really sucks. I hope they don't write her out :( She's my favorite.

Will you let us know? Seriously, screw Sara, I'm more interested in Sofia.

9. Chadini

Chadini Witness

I have not heard that at all, but that would be a great story. I loved that episode. Her interaction with Sara at the end just creeped me out. It would be great to pick the story up.

10. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I hope Sofia is going to be one! I love Louise Lombard. I think she's great as Sofia.

I definatly will look forward to Hannah West having another story. I loved "The Unusual Suspect".

11. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Don't believe Wikipedia - it's one of the most unreliable sources of information on the internet given that anyone can edit the pages. It's been proven to be wrong, so I'm not going to believe any rumours posted on there until they're announced at a more reliable source.

12. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

GSR's supposed to end? or is that just coming from the 'GSR will be concluded thing'. does anyone actually know what they are implying there? i'm hoping that it actually does mean the complete END of GSR. no offence to anyone, but i can't STAND IT!

13. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Wikipedia is very unreliable. There were rumors about Indina Menzel playing the Wicked Witch of the West in the 4th Shrek movie that originated on a renagade Wiki page. I know that's kind of unrelated but Idina (to all of my research and knowledge) is NOT doing that movie. Poeple make things up and post them on wiki all the time.

I DO NOT want Vivian to be the new comic relief of the show. That job is Greg's. They need to find a way to have him get over the trauma that he's suffered and learn to laugh again. Unless she's going to help him with this she can kiss being the funny one goodbye. I'm not open to the idea.

I know that's horribly close minded of me to say, but no. They don't need to be messing with the formula of the earlier seasons of CSI. Last season wasn't even so bad but all of these changes are really starting to depress me.

I've had an open mind thus far about Vivian and the split back to Swing and Graveyard shifts. I've tried my hardest to be optomistic about Sara. I'm even okay with the announcement that Sofia, one of my favorite characters, is being removed from the show. But... if they change too much I'm just not going to know how to handle watching the show. I'm not a hardcore CSI fan. I'm, at this very moment, watching only my second CSI NY episode ever. The only time I was excited to see Horatio Caine or any of the Miami crew was during "Cross Jurisdictions" where Warrick and Catherine went to Miami. I like Vegas. I like Grissom, Sara, Catherine, Warrick, Nick, Greg, Hodges, Wendy, Archie, Brass, Mandy, hell I even kind of like Ecklie. I like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I like the show I've been watching for seven years. I want that back. I'm not interested in change.

I just wish they wouldn't try to mess with a good thing. Haven't they ever heard the phrase "Don't fix it if it ain't broke?"

Sorry for the rant but I think I've hit my breaking point. I'm just really starting to worry.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, I can't stand hearing fans say they can't stand something that millions of others love :mad: [no offense] and I recieved an e-mail from David Rambo, on the premeire he said!!

MY NAME
    Thank's for writing, I'm so glad that you're a long time viewer, but alas, I can't divulge anything about S/8, but I promise that the premiere will be an ep. you won't want to miss" DAVID RAMBO

And from WP's own lips, and this would be a 'spoiler' he stated! about him and Sara~~on the 7 year 'relationship' issue?

They've obviously always have been interested in each other, and there's an 'intimacy' there, we just thought it was time for the audience to see that there is an intimacy there~~ WILLIAM PETERSEN

15. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

Well if the split shift thing is true - how annoying. :mad: I really miss the interaction between Grissom and Catherine - it was one of the things that got me watching in the first place. It was nice to see a relationship depicted on television between a man and a woman who work together as being good friends - and nothing more!!!! A great PLATONIC friendship existed between them, to the point that even when they disagreed with each other's viewpoints or methods, they still had respect for each other.

That has all but vanished. Except for the moment after Kepler was killed their relationship now seems to be strictly "co-workers". And if the split shift thing happens, that will continue to be the case. Sigh. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.