Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

But if Bugman is back, what does that say about the character? I think that if Grissom does go back to obsessing over bugs, it will say a lot about his relationship with Sara.. I'm not saying she's dead, but they did say that they would be venturing away from GSR this season.. so.. I think this is another indicator of just that..

2. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I don't think he's every really gone away though. It's the writing that's moved away from it some, but there's always been little bits of it, just maybe not as much as earlier on. He was actually at his obsessive best last season with the minature killer, so I don't think you can look too much into that. Although, you never know eh!

3. alienor

alienor Police Officer

We love the same Grissom !! ;) This spoiler sounds really good. It is reminiscent of our old Grissom. I want him back, I have been waiting for him for so long !

4. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

Grissom has had less screen time which is why they dont show the bug man as much. Plus a lot of his bug man moments prior to WTG and GSR canon were when he was on cases with Sara. The Beatles moment with bugs in "Sex, Lies, and larvae"
    Sara never ahd a problem with his eccentric ways she loved them.
    I am hoping GSR is happy and in the back ground and they go back to working on cases
    Plus even Billy has said that dynamics in the team had to change even Grissom had too grow which is why around season 5 they started to tone down the bugs and make him more of the great leader we knew he could be .

Oh, and that Gum Drops scene was written and was supposed to lead up to the scene in WTG. It was going to be a whole conversation revealing a lot about both Sara and Gil and Greg was supposed to knock on the door the next day and Griss is doing the crossword and greg askes where Sara is and she is in the shower.

5. CSI_E

CSI_E Civilian

isnt it the writers that are running sara in the ground? she can only only go with what they give her..maybe CSI needs newer, better writers...

6. lovinsofia

lovinsofia Victim

Well, I guess this season will be a tape it then watch it one for me. I'm sorry if this offends anyone with this being a pro-sara community, but I was hoping that the character was not going to return. You know go back to the way the show used to be before all the GSR mumbo jumbo came about. I am really disappointed now to see that Sara will live; all though I was not pleased with the way they killed her off, or were supposed to kill her off. Just now I can see how most people, or a lot of people believed the whole thing about her leaving in the first place was just a way for the show to gain more attention, and draw more of an audience back. Controversy always draws ratings, and who better to start the controversy with then Jorja/Sara.

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

This is not a pro Sara place, it is supposed to be a neutral place. Some are for, some against. It isn't exactly even it seems, but that doesnt make this a pro Sara place

8. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I could go either way with whether Sara is dead or alive considering the new spoiler about the bee hive, which is perty neat, really. I mean, I enjoy Grissom getting bugged-out.

I mean, if Sara dies he might be reevaluating his life and the time he has left on this earth and want to get back to his roots.

On the flipside, reevaluating life could come from her living. He decides the lab isn't his primary focus, and he has Sara, why not go after something else he's been neglecting?

So, it could go either way... :)

Edited because, while "route" and "root" are homonyms, they do not mean the same thing.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm not sure what fans mean 'the old Grissom' :confused: I thought he was incredible in going after the MCSK serial killer, it was different, but just as interesting, and he was in those eps alot :eek:I like that the whole cast has emerged and changed and moved to a higher plain..[nothing stays the same] but he was still funny like he was in earlier eps. like the "LLV' scene when Nick was hugging him , and he goes "I'm only going to be gone for 4 week's, stop hugging me" :D & Doc and him and the rat..hilarious..and his always comical one-liners, there all still there! and hopefully this season that will continue, to be all that it's been in the past.. just different! and he's finally found personal happiness, and a calmness [brought to the surface] and he's more contented and in harmony with life. That doesn't take him away from his always geeky science probes, and disecting every little tid-bit to find what happened. Grissom will always be an enigma, hard to figure out, which makes for an fascinating character on this fabulous show! I hope to see him in S/8 just as interesting as he's been in the last seven years[​IMG]

10. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Ok, so for anyone who was on the fence on wether or not Sara lives.. spoilers say she lives (can't post them here, but if you really want to see them, message me.) So.. as of now, there is evidence she'll live. (She has lines) So, take it how you want it..

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Why would everybody want Grissom to go back to his old way? I don't want him to go back in his old way, where he was depressed that cause him to lose his boys, Nick and Warrick in fifth season. I like him to lighten up and love his teams each his own way.

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I think there is a general consensus in much of the CSI fandom that season 1-2 Grissom seemed a lot lighter than he was in seasons 3-6, and even some of 7. The early Grissom had a goofyness about him that later turned to heavyness in the wake of his hearing issues.

So, I am one who greatly enjoys the earlier seasons of Grissom. I don't so much believe a character can ever truly go "back" just as a human being cannot, but I believe that one can recapture and bring life back to certain parts of one's personality that may have been pushed aside for a time.

That said, I don't think people want a return to the brooding Grissom of the hearing-loss saga. Though it was a deeply interesting time for the character, he has never quite recaptured the... almost innocence and silliness that he had in earlier seasons. His obsession with bugs brings that out in him from time to time, though, so I can see him getting buried deep into something challenging AND fun as a good thing for him.

He's been obsessed with things that had haunted and plagued him. Now, he gets to return to something that brings him joy, and in turn, feeling joy and pleasure in what one does, not just a drive for the sake of justice, but for the sake of wonder, could recapture and rekindle the more eccentric sides of him...

And I'll stop now before I write a novel, as I've been known to do in other threads. :)

13. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I dunno... I prefer the characters their old way.

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Yeah, me too. IMO seasons 1&2 Grissom was at his most adorable. :)

*drops the Gum Drops matter because it was neither my point nor spoiler*

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Let's talk about the spoiler of 8th season. Gums Drop is in sixth season, that's over. That was 2 years ago. We coming in the 8th season of 8 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.