Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

It that mean the teams is not breaking up? They have us fool and thinking they are breaking up. Catherine is in swing shift, Sara is working with her, along with Catherine's partner. No mention of Greg. Sara is back to work, maybe for a litte while.

Where do you get the spoiler, wojo? Just Pm me where do you found it or you can put it here.

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I didn't see Sara mentioned at all. The last spoiler about Sara being with Cath & Vivian was a typo and has since been revised.

3. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Episodes are filmed way in advance though, so even a last minute scene change would happen a few weeks before the episode aired.

4. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Actually they aren't filmed that far in advance. According to the documentary on one of the dvd's (can't remember which season) one of the producers said that at the beginning of the season they are 4-8 weeks ahead of when it will actually be shown. By the end of the season, they are, if they're lucky, one week ahead of it being shown.

Therefore, since it an episode that aired at the last part of the season. The actor may have only had one or two days, not weeks, to prepare for a changed scene.

5. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I read multiple articles about the season 6 finale and it said that although the actors weren't called until later about the scene change, the writers were thinking about it in advance by writing drafts and such and have had a bedroom scene up their sleeves for awhile. For example, they were going to use that scene in Gum Drops, but then a close relative of Billy's passed on, so they turned the episode into one that focused on George Eads.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ However, no one actually knows if the Gum Drops matter was true since TPTB have never commented on that one. They might have thought about having a bedroom scene for a while, but still, they didn't make up their mind until the last few days before filming WTG. I'm not talking about how long they had had that idea. I'm talking about when they decided to put it in the episode since it was how the media people might have gotten inaccurate or old spoilers we were talking about, not how long TPTB had wanted to develop the relationship.

Back to spoilers...LOL there's really not much for me to talk about. :D

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I'm not quite sure how much I am allowed to say, I'm very confused, but Grissom is in ep 3, Sara is very uncertain, Ronnie doesn't work at the crimelab anymore, and Nick is working with Warrick...(correct me if I was wrong or not allowed to say something...)

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's correct, they were going to show a scene about him and Sara in a motel room, because Greg was snoring and he couldn't sleep.. but his nephew, passed, so they went to plan. B, and your right they do film two months in advance, their filming now, and started the latter part of July, and probably already have two or three in the can, the premiere starts Sept 27. so that's two months in advance. At Unversal Studios, they didn't make it here, like last year for "BTK" at the MGM Grand, which I scoured around looking for them to no avail! :(they fabricate where they are to throw off fans, and give bogus itinerary's :(

9. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

It certainly sounds like Sara is alive...some people will be happy, of course it isn't definaite...it just sounds more and more like she is.

10. butterflied814

butterflied814 Victim

If you listen to the Commentary on Gum Drops, Sarah Goldfinger briefly describes what was in her original draft of the script. I don't know how much more confirmation is needed; that seems pretty solid to me.

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

They did talking about Gum Drops. Before Billy left for his nephew's funeral, he gave the episode of Gum Drops to George. They rewrite it because of Billy's nephew passed on.

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Oh lol okay, my bad. I didn't watch the episode with commentary on. In fact, I doubt I have watched it on DVD at all. :D Personally I'm thankful for the fact that they didn't get to do that scene or I would have completely freaked out (I did felt sorry for Billy's loss, though). But as I said, that wasn't my point at all. I was talking about how and why the reporters might get inaccurate spoilers (because spoilers are always subjects to change, not because TPTB fool those people on purpose), not how long or even whether TPTB have planned a particular storyline. There. ;)

13. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

Ask Ausiello

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Guess that explains the spoiler I posted earlier about the bees in episode 3, this sounds like it might be very intresting for Grissom's character. Are we getting the old bug man Grissom back? :) :)

15. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Oh I do hope so :D I want Gris back to his eccentric oddball best. You know the one, the Grissom who wonders off when people are talking, who licks rocks, who breaks mustard jars on supermarket floors, who wants to keep bugs going into evidence as pets. Hopefully Bugman is back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.