Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlwaysGSR12

AlwaysGSR12 Hit and Run

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Actually I love GSR and I don't think it ruined Sara character and its not why the ratings would go down. There is too much Catherine, not enough Sara or Grissom and it NOT because of GSR.

On another note: I don't think Sara dies because she is written in the script for, the third episode was it? And because I'd think if she wasn't going to be on the show they wouldn't kill her, but have her take a leave of absence like she wanted in season 2.

2. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Alright, I'm done speculating I guess and hopefully new spoilers will come out soon and if there is nothing about Sara in the fourth episode spoilers... I think I'll be convinced.. well.. anyway.

3. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

I am with AlwaysGSR12 on the whole ratings for last season matter.
    And whoever said everyone has invested too much in this for it too end badly i am with them too.

Plus like i said before i think they already filmed this last season like they did Grave Danger together.
    They just want to test the fans and our response to one of our team being truly threatened.
    keep the faith!!!!

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Grave Danger was one episode that was longer than other episodes and they didn't divide it into two parts and tell you to watch the second half of it the next week when it aired. The new season premiere, however, wasn't filmed with Living Doll, or they would have casted the guest characters back in April/May instead of July.

5. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

ABC has not picked up Louise Lombard's new show for fall TV. Source
    So most likely she'll still be on CSI.

6. loulou19

loulou19 Victim

hey everyone, im hoping sara survives the car! i have faith the writers wont kill her off (eek i hope so!!!)
    ohhh does anyone know if warrick is gona get a divorce in season 8, chance fo a bit of yobling! or do u reckon romances will take a back seat season 8 due to lots of gsr last season (which i loved)

7. AnneM

AnneM Dead on Arrival

hey you guys, I hate to be a hope recker, and I dont want to ruin my own hope, but the season 8 start episode is called "Dead doll". .. . I DON`T like it, but with the episode named that, and the rumor of another caracter coming, it might just seem that sara is going to die...
    This is not fun. I`m walking on needles to know.. I cant wait untill the next episode comes. "shivering"

keep hope all of you...

8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Has anyone ever considered the possibilities that, to keep the GSR supporters AND the non supporters happy (plus jorja if she wishes to leave to pursue other opportunities), the writers may just write her as surviving this ordeal, but transferring her to days or to another branch within LV. She'll have less screen time, but it's a win win situation all around for everyone.

I mean, it is probably a long shot, and a good chance it wouldn't work out this way, but if I were part of the writing staff, it would be a scenario I wouldn't rule out. This would mean...GSR would continue on, subtly, Grissom wouldn't be an emotional wreck throughout season 8, the non GSR supporters wouldn't have to deal with this relationship over and over again on a regular basis, and then Jorja would be free to pursue these other opportunities but her character will still be available to return whenever. Like I said above, it would be a win win situation all around...for ALL the viewers and there would be no loss of viewers of the show.

Well, that is just my personal opinions and views anyway...lol, what do I really know :lol:*shrugs*

9. AlwaysGSR12

AlwaysGSR12 Hit and Run

AnneM, yeah I know its call Dead Doll, but I think they are referring to Natalie because Sara was written in the second and third episodes.

10. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

May I ask where you found the spoilers that Sara was in episodes two and three, because I get spoilers from all over and I have yet to see anything about Sara in those two episodes.

11. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I would love to know your sources as well for I haven't seen anything myself.

12. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

i don't think so, she has another pilot that has not yet been rejected ( see http://www.louise-lombard.com/ ) called Wanted

13. CSI_TIME

CSI_TIME Dead on Arrival

That may be true, but I think we have to admit that GSR did not increase the ratings either.

GSR was the storyline that got all media promotion and coverage last year, and still with all that promotion the ratings went down!

GSR did cause friction amongst the viewers, with some of the viewers really disliking GSR, so why continue with a storyline if it doesn't bring in additional viewers and upsets so many of the regular viewers that you already do have? I bet this is why they are concluding the storyline this year.

I just want them to go back to team episodes that do not revolve around the personal drama of the CSI.

This is why I like all the spoilers for 8X2. We have info on each member of the team with rumors that Sara and Gil will be in it too. This is the episode I am looking forward to seeing. Just a case based show with no personal drama.

That is what will keep me watching- the cases; not personal drama.

14. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Catherine is the LEAD female, and Sara is part of the SUPPORTING cast.

I just love the huge promoting the GSR fans are doing...I don't know how anyone could not read this board, and not realize how much this storyline has ruined the show.

I think if they are adding more characters this season, then she might be toast.

15. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

i think the GSR is one of tv's favorite relationships... just go to www.fanfiction.com , csi has more than 17 thousand fan fictions, and probably HALF of them have some GSR.

This doesn't say much about the GSR fan's social life...but it does say a lot about the public's reaction.

The ratings dropped because there's a lot more "tv crime" option now, when CSI started it was practically the only show with sex, drugs and death; now you have cold case, CSImiami, without a trace, csiNY, bones, etc etc etc

I mean think about that, the people that wanted to watch that kind of show but HATED tha charachters/the town/the music/wanted more sex/wanted less sex , whatever, didn't really had a choise if they wanted to see some guts, now you have a rainbow of options, just change the channel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.