Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

How about a thread for airing of grievances? It's so annoying to come to this thread looking for spoilers, or seeing it active and thinking there is a new spoiler, and it's just the same people complaining about the same things over and over and over and over and over and OVER...

For those of us who ages ago learned to accept that the show has sucked and will suck for many years to come, it's incredibly bothersome (not to mention it has nothing to do with spoilers).

2. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I absolutely agree with you to the fact that people keeping on complaining in this thread (and even the others, I might add) is a bit boring. Every show has its great moments and some which are, let's say, as not as beautiful. If Csi Miami hadn't had its great moments we would't have been here in the first place as "fans".

So the complaining should have a limit, at least be constructive.
    ...an in a right thread. So if I don't wanna read it, I won't go there!

3. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I think a lot of what you see is the frustration of people trying to squeeze facts out of the meagre amount of info that has been made available. Please don't get too upset; I think it's normal at this point just before the premiere.

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Although the promos are misleading sometimes, well, most of the time, they always draw my attention no matter how much I know that it might not be true. I just like to be excited, I guess. :lol:

But c'mon guys, it's a new season maybe it'll be different. How many of you liked the finale in May? I rate it 8 out of 10, I think they'll step it up a bit this new season. If they don't then that's when I'm officially disappointed.

Anyways, that M.E. looks pretty. I hope she's good, 'cause she HAS some size 20 shoes to fill. And she better not steal Eric from Calleigh... or else :shifty:.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I agree in part;).
    Sometimes it's useless to complain about everything 'cause as lusiana said this show has some positive things, that's why we're still watching it;).
    But some complains can be constructive (in a proper thread) so that people, who don't want to read them, can easily avoid them;)

I also agree that this thread is supposed to be for spoilers but we have plenty of stuff not related to spoilers like "shipper comments" or complaints about the whole show &, really, I don't like these things;), but I cope w/ them & try to go on as if anything happened 'cause I enjoy reading some spoilers.

Well I think that saying "it suck" is just a little bit too much, there must be something you like in it, since you watch the show:lol:

Yep that's true, they always draw your attention. No matter whether you saw is going to happen or not, you still watch it.
    That's exactly the reason why I watch them although I know they're so misleading:lol:

As for the realistic part & the crim I believe it will be pretty good. All I'm worried about is the development of the characters because I know what TPTB are going to do:rolleyes::p

I do trust her & , in all honesty, I like her. She reminds me a lot of Alexx, I can picture as Alexx's daughter:lol:. But it would be a shame, if she had more plot than Alexx & other characters had in 6 years:rolleyes:
    Trust me no one is going to steal Eric *cough*:shifty:

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Just going to interrupt for a second.

Some of the grief has been in relation to the spoilers (New M.E., speculation based on the storylines so far, possible promos and when they may air, cast listings and who's being added) and since we allow discussion on them, positive or negative, we're not going to limit that. Even though this thread is about posting spoilers, it's just as much about discussing them and so far, it's been pretty constructive.

However, since I was last able to check this thread (I do have a RL, who knew :p) there has been some further off-topicness all around and in between that should very well be discussed in the Ryan/Natalia/Frank/Valera Petition Thread or started as a new thread on grievances about the show in general instead of bogging up this forum.

I know I said straying a bit every once in a while is fine as we haven't been given much - wanted to give you guys a bit of a break and I think I've been more than fair in that department - but I also said it shouldn't take over the thread. Now it's heading that direction so discussion not relating directly to the spoilers will take place in current threads or new threads but not in here. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  7. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Thanks Gen. Sorry guys, I have been doing quite a bit of complaining and I'll limit it as much as possible. However, we aren't getting a lot of spoilers, so we're just expressing our frustration, and what we expect out of these spoilers, which isn't much. However, I am sorry and will pay attention to what I'm posting in the future. :)

8. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly what it's like!! HHAHAHA LOL!!!!!!

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

:lol: I know right?!! Those promos piss me of sometimes but I am thoroughly addicted to this show! And honestly can't wait to see the promos for the next ep each week, even though I know they are usually waaaay off.

So did you make that "promo" up yourself?? Cuz if ya did, you should see if the show will give you a job writing them...it was pretty much dead on :lol:

10. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Ya, I made it up. But really it's not that hard. It's the same thing every week! I love when the promos say something like, and someone's going to die! It's a show about murder, of course someone's going to die! :lol:

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

:lol: That's right! I never thought about it like that.

And MaddyAnn you should really go write some promos for the show! For a minute there you had me thinking it's a real promo for an episode in the new season.

12. theonemcp

theonemcp Victim

Here you have another one that "spoils your fun", but I kept my mouth shut for far too long.
    You are aware who is editing/producing the promos and releasing the (official) spoilers? Judging by the posts here, you are not. Not it's not the producers/crew of the show ... it's CBS. The spend money to get the rights to air the show. It's not to far fetched that they want to gain as much money as possible with it.
    The promos can be misleading. With other shows it's the same.
    I understand you frustration. But state your opinion and leave it at that. Repeating it over and over again is not needed. Dancing around in circles is just a cheap excuse to boost posting amount IMO.
    Wana know what's frustrating? Scaning numerous posts in the spoiler thread to find one small snippet that can be considered a spoiler :rolleyes:

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Apparently some missed my post.

It doesn't mean 'continue the off-topicness from before' and it should have ended there. Discussing when promos will air/have aired is fine. The rest is not. I'm not giving anymore leeway as some just can't seem to steer themselves back on topic. For those who have tried, it's appreciated.

Perhaps my not-so-subtle hint was too subtle for some. So we have a couple of choices.

1. Don't post here unless directly referencing a spoiler. This is the last chance I'm giving and if not followed, I will be closing this thread until further notice.

2. I close this thread until further notice regardless.

I much prefer number 1.

And I'm considering using the first page of this topic to post updated spoiler information as a reference for those who don't want to skim through the entire thread.

Also, if one has a problem with a particular thread, please use the Notify Mod button or PM one of us instead of furthering the derailment of the thread. We can't always get here as quickly as we'd like and a notification helps.

14. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

*cough*

SO! Who shot Horatio????

15. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

There have been numerous attempts by speed_cochrane to stop posting things that don't relate to spoilers. If this very blatant warning is not adhered to, we will shut down the thread without any kind of notice, which we really don't want to do.

Do me a favor guys, and listen to your mods. I'm not arond all the time because I just got a new job, but when things like this are brought to my attention, especially when subtle hints have been dropped to stop whatever is going on, then I start to get a little peeved. So please guys, listen to your mods, because we want good discussion, not arguments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.