Ryan/Natalia/Frank/Valera petition thread!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 22, 2008.

?

More development for these characters?

1. Agree -

97.7%
  2. Disagree -

2.3%
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Eva La Rue (Natalia Boa Vista)
    Jonathon Togo (Ryan Wolfe)
    Rex Linn (Sgt. Frank Tripp)
    Boti Bliss (Maxine Valera)

This goes out to our dear PTB with as much love as we can possibly give at this point.

We want these characters back on the screen - no more 2 scene/3 line dialouge!! There's much love for Horatio/Eric/Calleigh with some fans - however - the same song & dance is terribly old for other fans who want to see more played out with these neglected characters!

This lack of stories/drama/screentime for these people is offensive - to thier individual fans, & to the actors themselves.

This show is described as a team of investigators with an ensemble cast , & an amazing cast as that....so let's get it together, shall we?!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
  2. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Re: Ryan/Natalia/Frank/Valera petiton thread!

I'm with you 100%. I love Horatio/Eric/Calleigh, but I miss the others - particulary Ryan! Even when he was fired he didn't get that much of a personal storyline.

These actors/actresses are so talented! Why is that talent being wasted?

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Thank you! I was hoping someone would put this thread up!!!

*sniff* I miss the others!

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I can't add anything to your post except I agree 200 %.
    Give Ryan ,Natalia and Frank a storyline and screen time.
    Lets have some team spirit!

5. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

You know, I like Eva La Rue, but I'm not too keen on Natalia. I don't know. I like her sometimes, I don't like her sometimes. But they can do better with her, Eva's a good actress!

They can make her a little less....slutty...

Do she have to wear shirts practically to her navel? I guess it gets ratings up for the perverted male demographic, but it looks insanely unprofessional.

It's not very fun for female fans of the show either. It's annoying. :(

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This thread if basically for anyone to say whether they agree or disagree that these characters should have more screentime/stories.
    As much as I'm incredibily tempted to debate the above comment - I won't - because it's not the point of this thread. ;)

All these characters have had minimum air time opposed to the others, & while I do have some I like better than others listed, regardless, they all deserve some more screentime & development.

***There is now a poll at the top if anyone hasn't noticed***
    (sorry a bit late on it, I couldn't find the option)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I started the post, and then I was like....I should make it more on topic.

I think the shirts are a topic that TPTB needs to address though.

ANYWAY, to be really on topic, I miss the other characters. I love Eric, Calleigh, and Horatio, but please....I don't see how the other actors put up with having 2 mins per episode while Eric has brain trouble, Calleigh gets nearly killed, and Horatio....well, Horatio has every problem in the book.....

8. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

DONE!

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok guys....I completely agree w/ you 'cause I don't like this situation either;).
    I've always know this show as a team show and it was a peculiar character of CSI:Miami, which made it different from the other shows;).
    Now the situation completely changed after the first three years w/ a lot of new arrivals even among the cast.
    Whenever they add new peple they always build up new stories for them ignoring some pricipal characters of the show like it was for Ryan, Natalia, Frank, Alexx & also Valera (and this was before Alexx's departure).
    Now w/ Alexx gone (such a shame but, honestly, I don't blame her) the situation didn't change & let's say it also looks like it's going to get worse.
    I don't think it's that fair towards actors like Jonathan Togo, Eva La Rue & Rex Linn who signed a cotract in order to be part of the regular cast.
    Now I'm not trying to say that all the other people like David Caruso, Emily Procter & Adam Rodriguez have to leave or, even worse, that I don't like them.
    They'll always be my fav. characters/actors of the show, but I do understand there's something not right w/ TPTB completely ignoring half of the cast.
    As much as I love the head trio, I'd like to see also a little bit more about Ryan, Natalia and Frank (also Valera who, at first, was supposed to be like Greg of LV in Miami;)).
    What I'm asking is this: there's no problem in having Horatio, Calleigh & Eric for just few minutes (3 minutes like the others:lol:) during some episodes (I'd say 8-9/24). I already handled it when Alexx left the show so I'm pretty sure I can handle 2 minutes of Calleigh & Eric in an episode dedicated to
    -gambling troubles or his house being completely messed up for our OCD Ryan :lol:.
    -troubles w/ the gun or an attack in her house for Natalia.
    -a discovery of a dead body which turns out to be Mrs. xxx Tripp for Frank.
    -her new hair colour:lol: or her being hired as a CSI for Valera.
    I really wouldn't mind it.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Its like they have forgotten that there are more than 3 characters. We need more screen time for the others! Otherwise what is the point of having them?

11. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I always thought that season 4 was the best. They had enough character development for everyone, but not too much. If something was to happen to a character, it would play out through the season with subtle enough hints in a few episodes. (Ryan's eye, Eric's weed, Natalia's mole thing).

But they didn't have like 8 episodes dedicated entirely to one character. Most of the cases were pretty random, and didn't involve someone's son or Calleigh coming close to death.

:( I miss season 4. Take a hint PTB!!!

12. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

You totally sum up my comment right there!

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That was one of the best seasons in my opinion, for more reasons than the obvious. They did much better with interacting all the characters, & while they did give some more spotlight, they took the other characters & played them off the other's drama. For instance, Ryan's eye problems - Alexx & Calleigh didn't have major development but they played them off of Ryan's dilemma, so it was more balanced out. H & Eric took a lot of focus yet they still managed to build scenes with everybody else playing off it as well.

Everyone still had thier moments & it was great, not to mention that the main stories between Eric&Marisol, H&Marisol/Mala Noche/ the mole/Eric & Natalia/ Peter Elliot-Monica-Calleigh - it all connected near the end & that was awesome. Even Ryan's eye problems were played into weeding out the mole & such, so it was just perfectly planned out & nicely done.
    Bring that back :thumbsup:

14. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Nice job with this thread! I can't tell you how many times this year I was asking myself: "Is Ryan even IN this episode?" LOL :lol: Sad, but true. Poor Ryan has been designated as the "dump on" guy - the guy that gets the bad wrap, but there's never any character development or explanation. The best explanation I found for the gambling thing was in the latest Miam novel "Cut & Run", where Ryan thinks about his OCD and how it's connected to his gambling problem - very interesting and something TPTB should've delved into more, and not just kept on the surface.

Frank: Dude, do you do anything besides play off H's silly one-liners? C'mon TPTB - Frank's got tons of potential, and I LOVE his comic relief, especially his witty banter w/Ryan. Frank had more storylines before he was a regular, for pete's sake!

Natalia: Ah, Natalia - sorely misused this season, though I have to say they've gone into her life more than they've gone into Ryan's! She's come a long way as a CSI, and has gained the respect of the lab, but it's like she's just another "tech", even though she just got her gun.

Valera: Can she get a break? She's been on the show since Season 1 for cryin' out loud! And the only storyline she got was that she was sleeping w/Nat's ex-husband - ugh I hated that storyline.

I think overall, things need to be "toned down," like they were in the old days. character development should be built into the story, but not the basis of the story/case. I really hope Ryan in particular gets a better wrap next season. All these problems be avoided if the characters would just interact w/each other more instead of always pairing off the same people. :rolleyes:

15. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Valera has almost the exact same line in every episode. "I ran the DNA through CODIS. I got a hit -- *insert suspect name here.*"

Ugh. I love Valera! Give her more screentime and a decent storyline. No, changing her hair every episode is not good enough. I want to see some acting!