Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warrick is gonna be the "rock" of the lab? Oh, I'm happy about that. Considering he's been the one with less screentime...I'm glad.

So, I suppose they finally left out the idea of the gambling problem. Thank God. I want my Warrick without that crap.

Keppler was never going to replace Grissom as far as supervisor, that is going to be Catherine's job. He is just another CSI there to help them out (as unneccessary as it is) Don't think Warrick will be supervising, . Catherine was just out of town with Nick at the time and he could not find her, so he went to Warrick.

Ok, but if they say (in the article) that Gil tells so to Warrick..I, too, think Catherine should be the one to replace Grissom, don0t get me wrong, because due to seniority et all...But..Oh, well, I stopped trying to figure out what T_TB were thinking AGES ago.

Warrick the 'rock' of the lab. Hardly, he's hardly there.

No offense, but if Grissom wants to leave the lab to someone it should be Catherine with Nick in tow.

But TTPTB's logic has always been..illogical.
JMHO is all.

No offense, but if Grissom wants to leave the lab to someone it should be Catherine with Nick in tow.

Catherine IS being appointed as Supervisor. In another episode, it's very clear that she's the one in charge, because she hands out assignments and tells Warrick to take the perimeter. I think Grissom was telling Warrick that he was the man behind the team - sort of like the heart of the team, if not the brain.

In the past, Grissom has left the Night Shift to Warrick and even seemed to be hinting that he was grooming him as his replacement. Considering the script was written by Carol M., it's possible this is a throw-back to that.

sarahvma said:

Catherine IS being appointed as Supervisor. In another episode, it's very clear that she's the one in charge, because she hands out assignments and tells Warrick to take the perimeter. I think Grissom was telling Warrick that he was the man behind the team - sort of like the heart of the team, if not the brain.

In the past, Grissom has left the Night Shift to Warrick and even seemed to be hinting that he was grooming him as his replacement. Considering the script was written by Carol M., it's possible this is a throw-back to that.

I completely agree with you. Grissom is not saying that Warrick is like the head of the team, I think he means, as you said, that he is like the backbone or heart. I mean, he's a pretty neutral guy that is there for anybody needing anything. They all have different roles they play within the team, and that's Warrick's.

Got this from BTA. Spoilers for 'Sweet Jane', officialy from CBS:

THE CSI TEAM TRIES TO GET A READ ON ITS NEW MEMBER AS HE JOINS THEM IN TRACKING A SERIAL KILLER WHO HAS TARGETED YOUNG WOMEN SINCE THE 1970s, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, JAN. 18, 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT

Tony Award Winner Liev Schreiber ("Glengarry Glen Ross," "The Manchurian Candidate") Joins the Cast in a Recurring Role, Marking His First Appearance in a Broadcast Television Series

Academy Award Nominee, Emmy Award Nominee and Golden Globe Award Nominee Ned Beatty also guest-stars

"Sweet Jane" -- Catherine and the rest of the CSI team find it challenging to get a good read on their new member as he joins them in tracking a recently active serial killer who has been killing since the 1970s, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, Jan. 18 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Kenneth Fink, one of the series' co-executive producers, directed the episode from a script written by Fink and Naren Shankar, one of the series' executive producers.

As Catherine and Keppler begin to investigate the murder of a teen-aged "Jane Doe," both agree that the killer, who was meticulous in removing evidence from the body and its surrounding area, is likely a repeat offender. Soon they and the rest of the CSI team uncover three similar unsolved cases that suggest the serial killer has been active since 1975.

SERIES REGULARS:
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
Sofia Curtis: Louise Lombard
Hodges: Wallace Langham

RECURRING CAST: Michael Keppler: Liev Schreiber
David Phillips: David Berman
Lindsey Willows: Kay Panabaker

GUEST CAST:
Dr. David Lowry: Ned Beatty
Mr. Sorensen: Vince Grant
Mrs. Sorensen: Laura Leigh Hughes
Detective Paul Browning: Chris Bauer
Jake Daniels: Tom Wright
Court Clerk: Jonathan Walker Spencer
Office Manager: Sandy Martin
Street Guy: R.C. Bates
Female Dental Patient: Pat Crawford Brown

So I guess 'Redrum' will air after Sweet Jane. :rollseyes:

As much as I may miss Grissom for a few episodes..this epi sounds very interesting, the spoilers came out about it a long time ago..so it's almost fresh again for me, I didn't know Ned Beatty was in this epi..it really should be good.

so who's taking Grissom's job while he's gone? in my mind it should be Catherine but it sounds like its gonna be Warrick.

Please remember that spoilers and ep descripts are done in a summery, or partial, as we tend to do use whole or part in the regular ep discussion thread, BTW the futon critic has that samething up already.

Speaking of what and when Schedules:

12/28/06 "The Unusual Suspect" (Repeat)
1/4/07 8:00pm "Spellbound" (Repeat)
1/4/07 9:00pm "Leaving Las Vegas" (NEW)
1/11/07 "Fannysmackin'" (Repeat)
1/18/07 "Sweet Jane" (NEW)

Destiny said:
Please remember that spoilers and ep descripts are done in a summery, or partial, as we tend to do use whole or part in the regular ep discussion thread, BTW the futon critic has that samething up already.

Sorry. It was some spoilers, that had a cast list and such and not everyone looks at the Futon Critic. And I was also letting everyone know that Redrum was not before 'Sweet Jane', that's why I posted it. :D Sorry if there's some confusion on my part.

Speaking of what and when Schedules:

12/28/06 "The Unusual Suspect" (Repeat)
1/4/07 8:00pm "Spellbound" (Repeat)
1/4/07 9:00pm "Leaving Las Vegas" (NEW)
1/11/07 "Fannysmackin'" (Repeat)
1/18/07 "Sweet Jane" (NEW)

So, we have a new episode, then a repeat again? Ugh. Haven't we seen Unusual Suspect too many times as well? I'm getting season 6 on DVD for Xmas and I guess I'll just skip it. :lol:

I just got Fannysmackin on my iPod today from iTunes, so no need for rewatching that either.

I completely agree with you. Grissom is not saying that Warrick is like the head of the team, I think he means, as you said, that he is like the backbone or heart. I mean, he's a pretty neutral guy that is there for anybody needing anything. They all have different roles they play within the team, and that's Warrick's.

Agreed. I think Grissom always wanted Warrick to replace him in the early days (I think he assumed Marg would naturally get the dayshift or something) because Warrick wasn't the type of guy to be siding with the evidence "he" wanted, or swayed by certain kinds of victims.

Which may be why Grissom was so hard on him in Random Acts of Violence.

Either way - Warrick's neutrality means that he doesn't get the best lines or the best scenes. And so he's easily overlooked, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back