Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

by break off work, would you mean the show as a whole, cuz i've heard the rumors of william leaving after season seven.

2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

No, I mean he's taking a vacation. We don't know if in the future he is leaving the show, forever or not. But we do know that in Leaving Las Vegas he is taking a "break".

3. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

ooh thanks for clearing that up. :)

i cannot wait 3 weeks to watch this episode.

4. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Those are not rumors, but theories and expectations. Let's prepare ourselves.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Although the actual reason Grissom is taking a sabaticle is because WP is doing a play and needed the time off for that.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay guys, As Wojo pointed out WP is taking a break to do a play, they tape eps in advance, so his last ep until he returns I believe is "Leaving Las Vegas". They will have more then likely taped the new guys coming in and alot surrounding it and probably up to the point possibly to re-into WP back into the show from his time away.

As to anything pertaining to WP after this season there is a thread dedicated to WP leaving the show, or rather he really will, or not. Lets not confuse the discussions, we are confused enough with (I am, I'm Not, I am, I'm Not) we don't know for sure if he will leave or if he will do as now take time off and return through out the season.

As to the main cast granted there was Jim, Grissom, Catherine, Nick, Warrick, Sara, (orginially Holly but killed off in first ep). Greg while he got more screen time considering the role in the lab, was in the catagory as a re-occuring character until he moved up. Here is the catch when he re-signed the contract, (ie when JF & GE were fired/rehired, do a search for that) at the time, Eric, Gary and Paul took the deal CBS offered, a small raise and a little more screen time.

7. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

If I read the same sides you've been reading, Amy is actually Keppy's dead girlfriend. I won't go into her relationship with daddy Jack, but he shows up in 7X15 and is/was a father figure for Keppy. He's discribed as "sinister".

I feel your pain about a temporary character getting more face time than the regulars, but CM seems to think that Marg, Gary, and George cannot hold an audience's attention. She is, of course, wrong ["Ellie" was the first CSI episode to ever reach #1; "Gum Drops" also topped the ratings], but I really don't think anyone is brave enough to actually tell her that. So we suffer through Liev [okay, not so much "suffer"] until Grissom gets back, then we'll probably get all the Grissom and Sara drama until the season finale. And somewhere along the way, we'll see Warrick, Nick, and Greg redecorating the Sub-plot Basement rec room. :)

8. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

I agree. I'm not sure if it's just CM, though. There are just too many recurring characters for each member of the team to get their own storyline. I thought Grissom's absence was a perfect opportunity to let the rest of the cast shine (which they are perfectly capable of doing), and I was disappointed to hear that they were going to pass it up to bring in a "special guest star."

Also, not to hate on Sofia or anything, but adding that character also cut down some face time of the main characters. Any time you add a new character, you have to spend time establishing who they are and why they are there.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this!!

10. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

See, I didn't mind Sophia's introduction. I actually like the character. Besides, we lost Buzz [the big, burly detective from the first and second seasons] and Vega comes and goes, so it's nice to have another cop there. And truth be told, I'm starting to really get the "SoNic" itch :)

I think CM really does have a lot of power, but she's not the one in control [that goes to the CBS higher ups]. I have yet to hear of any of the other producers/writers disagreeing with her. She was big on Catherine, so we got all the Cath-Drama; She loved YoBling, so we saw some heat there; Then she took an exit poll and did a 180. Now we have GSR and to hear her tell it, it was all her idea. I don't know, maybe by the end of the year, all the backstage drama will die down and the writers will actually start writing for an ensemble cast again. I remember an article somewhere [I want to say tv guide], it was the middle of the first season and CM was going on and on about how there would be no romances or personal lives in CSI because the writers and producers wanted each episode to be complete. The actors were just there to facilitate the story. Something about how weird it would be for Nick and Sara to kiss one week and then not speak to each other the next, or something like that.

Who knows, maybe the RL drama will actually clear out some weight and they'll take a page from Without a Trace on how to effectively write a characters backstory into an ongoing story arc.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

My New TV Guide just arrived.. and it talks about the up-coming Jan, 4th ep "Leaving Las Vegas", and what's happening!!!briefly!!!!!

CSI'll Be Seeing You

After more than six seasons in Sin City, CSI's top investigator is leaving Las Vegas, at least temporarily. Beginning..Jan 4th William Petersen's grim Gil Grissom is going on sabbatical to deal with the frustrations that have been making it difficult for him to do his job. "We've seen grissom suffering from burnout", explais executive producer Carol Mendelsohn, "not he has an offer to teach a seminar at Williams College, which he finds enticing" Grissom's break is coming, because Petersen himself wanted time off--to do a play in Providence R.I. And while both departures seem temporary, Grissom will permanently change relstionships in the CSI lab" He's taught all of them so much that he realizes they've become his equals" adds Mendelsohn "And he'll tell Warrick that he's the rock of the team now!!it's the passing of the torch. Speaking of torches, what about the one Grissom carries for Sara? according to Mendelsohn, his leaving will cause tension in that relationship, the source of which will become clear in a futures episode--when Grissom will try and make things right be "sending Sara something" Fans may remember the last time he did that, it was a plant. So for longtime fans, this will have "resonance"

*Edited: Removed Spoiler code, since its the spoiler thread*

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

desertwind , just so you know this IS the spoiler thread so there is no need to use the spoiler tag. Thanks for the info though.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I was contacted by desertwind and she wasn't sure so she did that to be safe, I have removed the tag and all is well, when in doubt post in tag and then ask, no one will be in trouble. Though I agree with Wojo it is a spoiler thread and therefore no tags required. ;)

14. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

williams college, thats really far from Nevada. its weird to get someone from Nevada to go teach in Massachusetts it would have been less weird for me if it has been California but i'm probalby the only one who think that way anyone know how long it takes to get from Las vegas to the city where that school is?

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It is kind of weird.. :( maybe they're the ones that offered this to him :rolleyes:so he accepted.. my question is, where is this Liv Schriber guy? (not sure of the correct spelling of his name} I thought he was replacing Grissom whle he was gone :eek: what are the writers up to now? Warrick, that's a puzzle, not that he can't do it!!! but, well, guess we have to wait this one out :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.