Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Well, I wouldn't exactly shed a tear to see her go. We Floridians would be happy to negotiate. :D And thank you (and Mel) for the kind birthday wishes! If only you could eat cake for breakfast everyday. :lol:

The thing that's bugging me about Grissom and Sara right now isn't even particularly one of the reasons I dislike them altogether. I'm kind of frustrated that Sara seems to be only about Grissom now. Just because they have a relationship doesn't mean they have to work together all the time. One of the things I've always disliked is that I feel the relationship is a detriment to Sara's character, usually making her look weak. Well, right now she doesn't seem totally weak, but she does seem to exist only for this relationship. I'm a little worried that she's going to get kind of lost in the shuffle, because at the moment her only purpose is to be around Grissom and react to Grissom. There's nothing that says she can't be working with other people and still have moments with Grissom here and there, because it isand even though they aren't having big 'shippy' moments when they are together, the fact that we know they are a couple makes it feel like the direction of the show has shifted to be almost solely about this couple, and it makes it's distracting to those who tune in for the cases more than the relationships.

One of my biggest problems with GSR is I feel TPTB have always handled the character of Sara terribly around him. Right now she doesn't feel like a character in her own right, she's just the 'S' of GSR.

Does anybody get where I'm coming from?

2. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

to me grissom accentuates the negative and eliminates all positive.

i watch the show for the cases and i used to for the varied character interactions, im not going to watch season 7 when it comes out here because CSI has gone to the dogs, and it pains me as it has been my fave show for a long time, but i, like 25% of other viewers, lost faith in the writers, when they threw this in our faces.

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I think I do, and I think it was well said. :)

4. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Happy Birthday, CSI_Ali.

As already mentioned a few posts back, this forum is NOT "Shipper Central". Please continue any further discussions of "GSR" or any other "relationship" issues in the appropriate threads in "Shipper Central".

desertwind and heartagram69, please me mindful that intentional negativity in the form of baiting or trolling etc, will not be tolerated. I suggest agreeing to disgree and moving onwards.

Thank you.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Why are they treating Keppler as a suspect?

6. Dalnabe

Dalnabe Hit and Run

Keppler a killer?

For what I have seen from the trailers it seems that Keppler shot a suspect in a murder (?) case, where his girlfriend was killed.

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Re: Keppler a killer?

Oh, interesting. Thanks. We don't have promos here...I will see id anything is on whoiskeppler though. CBS puts stuff there.

8. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Re: ------

Please,don't put spoilers on the thread title for those who wanna be spoilers free,thanks.

9. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Re: ------

Agreed. Thread title should remain as "Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting".

EricaSJ, Thanks much. :) My addled brain finally got it after I hit the "send" button. Oy! 14-hour work day not conducive to coherent thought.

Cheers.

*Friday night and margaritas are beckoning....*

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Putting the title of the thread straight As was mentioned above. :)

11. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

Kinda like how a lot of people view Lindsay and Danny on CSI: NY--that so far Lindsay's character hasn't developed much past the point of her being Danny's love interest?

12. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Exactly. It's like she pops in only to complement whatever moment Grissom is having. Her role in the series has been reduced to that of Grissom's girl.

So it was actually a relief when she got her groove back in Redrum. She stepped up for what she believes in and became a character in her own right again. And this only happened because Grissom was nowhere to be seen. (I hate it whenever Cath and Sara fight, but it was such a relief to see the old Sara back that I didn't mind it much)

Anyways, back to the spoilers... I'm so glad that we're getting a Sara-centric episode. Hopefully, we'll also get a Warrick-centric ep soon!

Oh and thanks to all who responded to my Keppler question a while back. I'm still hoping he won't die, but well if he does at least it's going to be a very interesting episode.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm glad some people here agree.

I liked Catherine in season one and two. I loved the pilot where she went and told her daughter how much she loved her. I found her character much more relatable-being a single mom myself.

Season three, four and five. Catherine went all to quote an Annie Lennox song, "I need a man!!". I mean gees. So do all of us hetrosexual women Catherine, but don't make that your second or third priority after your daughter and your job.

Anyways, I kind of want that loveable Cath back. We saw some of her in Grave Danger, but God I don't know maybe I'm way off base.

Yes, I know Billy and Marg were the leading actors, but so were the actors who played the parents in the Brady Bunch and those kids got more screen time then the actors portraying Nick, Sara, Warrick and Greg!

Back on Topic..Next Week's eppi looks pretty good actually. Least Nick is getting more screen time.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree next week looks very good, and Greg was actully in the promo! Looks like an exciting episode and Grissom is back! I missed him.

15. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

Um...have any of you read the spoilers for the Cath/Keppler shower scene next week? I got this from a friend and have no idea if it's true or what the context is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.