Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For myself, I am enjoying seeing Catherine in a relative position of power without Daddy Grissom around to hang over her like judgement day. However, this situation appears to be developing into a situation where she ends up on the wrong side of a very bad situation.

My question is this: Keppler is the new guy. I don't quite understand how this guy ends up not only sitting at the table while options are discussed, but actually appears to end up in charge of an operation. Is he actually being brought in to run day shift, or is he just a CSI amoungst others? I didn't get that part, but it might explain is empty and new office. He really seems to be taking a leading role VERY quickly, it what would appear to have only been a couple of days.

Gettting back to Catherine, I think she plays at a very difficult balance between Mom, boss, co-worker, and (pardon the expression) rather sexy single mom. She has already been involved in a couple of very nasty situations because of her desire to get out and meet people (using meat market bars, apparently). Her choice of methods in her non-CSI time has lead to situations, and with Warrick almost sort of bubbled over into the workplace. When He announced that he was married, the look on her face was more "another one got away" than "wow good for you!".

It should be noted as well that Catherine is the only CSI staff member that has really had her personal life intertwined with work. Most everyone else is done in abstract, apparently subscribing to the Grissom theory of having no real life outside of work. This certainly adds to Catherine's character having more personal conflicts, because her character is the best developed in the area of personal relationships.

I read the tv guide for next Thursay, it said the bottom of the word, "Let's just say some people need to work on their team-player skills." I don't know who they referred to Catherine or Mike Keppler?

My opinion, I think it Mike, they talking about. I saw the video, Catherine didn't like the idea of Michael doing, so I guess she has no choice but do it because of the undersheriff there. I'm sure Catherine will tell them at the end what's going on. The teams doesn't trust Mike Keppler because they don't know him enough about him.

I will watch it before I pass judgement to see it then I will let you know.

JangoBear said:
Oh spare me please. Cath haters look for any and every excuse and reason to crucify her. Each character has their faults and every single one of them has made questionable decisions but only Catherine is put under the microscope and scrutinized with such intensity. :rolleyes:

BTW, Catherine didn't lose the camera with the photos in "King Baby", it was STOLEN by the photographer who broke into the crime scene by pretending to be a cop. Big difference. :rolleyes:

Yeah, well, some people see crucifiction and hate where there is only criticism of actions. I agree with you about all of the characters having flaws. I said that myself several posts back. But I've seen a lot of criticism of other characters on this board, too, not just Cath. The only reason she is in the spotlight right now is because of the clips we have for the next episode. And as I've said multiple times, I am GLAD she is not the one who decided to deceive the rest of the CSIs. Because I LIKE her and don't want that to change any time soon.

Well, Cath herself said:

"CATHERINE: Which part? The part where I got in your face or the part where I, uh, lost evidence, or uh, maybe you just miss me."

So I guess it's a matter of perspective. But like I said in my post, I don't blame her for that because the officers on the scene should have had the place secure.

I nearly forgot. I wanted to comment on Cath being in charge again. Didn't it feel like Keppler just came in out of nowhere and took over? I'm still irritated that they felt the need to bring in another character in Grissom's absence, even though I enjoyed the episode and liked Keppler ok. I'd prefer to see how the CSIs did without him.

I'm not that into Cath-Drama either but seriously, why is there so much anomosity towards
her when it is ovbious from the spoilers & videos and she does not have a choice and is doing
what the sherrif tells her she has to do? *Remember Strip Strangler when Grissom didn't play along with the sherrif and the FBI? He was put on leave*

So that being said, Some more info on the next episode 7x17 -- Fallen Idols, afterall this IS the spoiler thread -not the "let anyalise Catherine Willows" thread. I don't mean to sound rude but can we just move on and discuss the spoilers, before the Mods come here and stop it for us? Thanks.

This ep is about Teenage sex, playing Sports, spreading STDs, Jealously And death. That's the case summed up.

Two teens a cheerleader and a basketball player are missing. Their photography teacher has an interesting conversation with Warrick about his divorce.

WARRICK
Seems to me unrequited love follows you your whole life.

DIANE KENTNER
Divorced?

WARRICK
On paper, yeah. But until her stuff's out of my garage, I don't consider it official.

DIANE KENTNER
I've been through a couple of those. I don't think we're meant to be monogamous our whole life.

This one seems to be evenly divided between Warrick, Nick, and Brass. Grissom and Greg work together in this episode. And Archie is in this episode! Sara and Catherine are not in
this one as much as the others, although Sara is dealing with some Grissom issues (bad for GSR?).

EricaSJ said:
LOL I'm not one bit hesitated to say that I'm a huge Cath fan and that I'm very much biased (I have used avatars of other characters, though :D). See, I defend my favorite character when people get upset with her, just like all people do with their own favorite characters and it's perfectly fine by me that there are people who criticize, or even dislike my favorite character. There are characters that I don't like that much, too, so I totally understand where people come from. I don't know about other Cath fans, but what I had been uncomfortable with was the bashing, not the criticizing (again, depends on one's own definitions of the two terms) and I do appreciate most of the posts here. Really, I'm not as mad as you might think. I just think people's reactions are interesting, and I don't mean that in a totally negative way. Just...interesting. :)

I know exactly what you're saying. I'd do the same for Greg. And you are different from a lot of other Cath-lovers who are just beside themselves in anger and are just making it obvious they are in denial that Catherine may be even a little at fault, whethere she really is or isn't. IMO, from the videos I have seen, there are some things I dislike and think she shouldn't have done, but it may be different when I actually see the scenes, so I don't know...

LOL I'm not one bit hesitated to say that I'm a huge Cath fan and that I'm very much biased (I have used avatars of other characters, though ). See, I defend my favorite character when people get upset with her, just like all people do with their own favorite characters and it's perfectly fine by me that there are people who criticize, or even dislike my favorite character. There are characters that I don't like that much, too, so I totally understand where people come from. I don't know about other Cath fans, but what I had been uncomfortable with was the bashing, not the criticizing (again, depends on one's own definitions of the two terms) and I do appreciate most of the posts here. Really, I'm not as mad as you might think. I just think people's reactions are interesting, and I don't mean that in a totally negative way. Just...interesting.

I guess... I guess the reason that people come down on Catherine, especially when we're given spoilers like this is that it happens too often. I liked Catherine in the early days. And by that, I don't mean that I think they've necessarily radically changed her character, but it's sort of like... things she did just started rubbing me the wrong way too often.

But that's not the problem.

EVERY CSI has broken the law now at some point. EVERY CSI has done something wrong with the evidence. They're all guilty of something.

I just feel like Catherine's "hammer of judgement" seems to fall a bit more often than anyone else's, and if anything, Catherine's the guiltiest of all. If she had only broken the laws and rules, I would be fine with her - it's the judgemental attitude about everyone else that has turned me off.

So when I hear spoilers like this, I know a few things:

1) Catherine is definitely doing something that, were Grissom around, he would disapprove of and probably call her into his office for another morality chat.
2) The other CSIs are going to disapprove of it (we already see that)
3) Catherine will likely be right, and
4) because of that, she won't see a second of reprimand from the higher-ups.

THAT is particularly jarring. Usually when the CSIs have been wrong, they mess up their case as well doing whatever it was they were hoping to achieve. Sara usurped Warrick's authority in Ellie and she ended up chasing a fake crime. Nick wanted to help the prostitute and almost wound up in jail. Greg wanted to stop a man from getting killed and is now staring down the barrel of a civil suit.

So on, so forth.

Catherine is either always "right" or people just seem to "forget". Nothing sticks when she does something wrong.

And more than bashing the character, I'd just like to see a little equality in that department.

FREEZE EVERYONE! Now that I have your attention.
Wojo said:afterall this IS the spoiler thread -not the "let anyalise Catherine Willows" thread.
Thank you, I seem to recall saying something similar several posts up apparently it was missed so here it is:
Destiny said:In saying that this is the "Spoiler Lab" which is for episodes of this season, we really need to move back on topic for that. Thank you. :)
Wojo said:I don't mean to sound rude but can we just move on and discuss the spoilers, before the Mods come here and stop it for us? Thanks.
That was becoming a very close thought, I agree that bashing and critizing is two very different things, which though at times close to the line we have let it go for abit to see if it resolves itself, to a point it has, but its starting to dominate this thread. I get that Catherine is going to be a big part of several episodes, but there are other aspects of the episodes as well.

So lets move back on topic of this thread which is to discuss the spoilers of future episodes and the aspect of what they entail.

Thank you! you may resume normal spoiler lab discussions. :)

Okay, sorry Destiny.

Anyway - I guess it is a bit unfair that we've focused on one half of the "mutiny" and not the other.

While I can justify it to myself, I'm not totally sure why Nick is so vehement, especially after defending Catherine to Novak, or why Warrick, who swore to look after her, is the next on board.

I did notice that Greg seemed really reluctant. I can't tell if it's because of what Grissom said about keeping out of trouble, him just being the newbie, or because Catherine was especially kind to him in Double-Cross.

But what I do like is that Sara isn't the first or even the second on the hate-train. She seems like she's more choosing to be loyal to Nick than attacking Catherine.

Wojo said:
I'm not that into Cath-Drama either but seriously, why is there so much anomosity towards
her when it is ovbious from the spoilers & videos and she does not have a choice and is doing
what the sherrif tells her she has to do? *Remember Strip Strangler when Grissom didn't play along with the sherrif and the FBI? He was put on leave*

So that being said, Some more info on the next episode 7x17 -- Fallen Idols, afterall this IS the spoiler thread -not the "let anyalise Catherine Willows" thread. I don't mean to sound rude but can we just move on and discuss the spoilers, before the Mods come here and stop it for us? Thanks.

This ep is about Teenage sex, playing Sports, spreading STDs, Jealously And death. That's the case summed up.

Two teens a cheerleader and a basketball player are missing. Their photography teacher has an interesting conversation with Warrick about his divorce.

WARRICK
Seems to me unrequited love follows you your whole life.

DIANE KENTNER
Divorced?

WARRICK
On paper, yeah. But until her stuff's out of my garage, I don't consider it official.

DIANE KENTNER
I've been through a couple of those. I don't think we're meant to be monogamous our whole life.

This one seems to be evenly divided between Warrick, Nick, and Brass. Grissom and Greg work together in this episode. And Archie is in this episode! Sara and Catherine are not in
this one as much as the others, although Sara is dealing with some Grissom issues (bad for GSR?).

Yeah I read some spoilers about gsr, does not sound like there is going to be a happy ending for them when grissom returns

I'm kind of excited about this episode because it's Nick/Warrick centric. Finally!! I love episodes with my boys.

And Warrick fans, did I hear a collective scream of joy across North America when the Divorce was spoiled for yah!

Ahhh..we don't get to see a shirtless Warrick snuggling in bed with his wife. Well, maybe Nick and Warrick will be shirtless in this episode. One or the other, I'm not picky.

I am glad that the storlines are moving on from Catherine. I don't mean to bash her. I don't find her storyines mesh with me just as I'm sure Nick/Warrick storyines don't mesh with others. It does appear that the writers focus a lot more on her then the othes because she has gotten more personal lines.

But I'm sure all will work out and only the Sheriff will be hated as well as Ecklie. Wouldn't be the first time.

But back on topic.

This eppy sounds fun.

NicknGrissom said:
You not sound mean. I'm sorry I got you confused. I read over at YTDAW, it said, "Warrick is available, not officially...yet." He will be soon. You know Divorce does take a while, I don't know how long it take to get a divorce.

It only takes a while in 'real life'...this is TV where things happen reaaaaaaaally fast...like DNA analysis for instance ;)

I do remember one ep (#104 Pledging Mr. Johnson)when Cath was wrong and it turned out very very bad...Gris and Cath were working the case abt the 'leg' that was found in the lake...the woman died of blunt force trauma and it was found out she was married and having an affair....well Cath felt as she was cheated on by Eddie, the husband just HAD to know the truth...he ending up killing the boyfriend to avenge the 'murder' of his wife that turned out to be nothing more then an accident. Was one time she should have listened to Grissom.

sarahvma said:
Okay, sorry Destiny.

Anyway - I guess it is a bit unfair that we've focused on one half of the "mutiny" and not the other.

While I can justify it to myself, I'm not totally sure why Nick is so vehement, especially after defending Catherine to Novak, or why Warrick, who swore to look after her, is the next on board.

I did notice that Greg seemed really reluctant. I can't tell if it's because of what Grissom said about keeping out of trouble, him just being the newbie, or because Catherine was especially kind to him in Double-Cross.

But what I do like is that Sara isn't the first or even the second on the hate-train. She seems like she's more choosing to be loyal to Nick than attacking Catherine.

this kind of makes me not like Nick...he seems eager to go against catherine. And of course Sara goes against her, no surprise there :rolleyes: It's like they are trying to make her character unlikable on purpose...

It could be they are just trying to kick up the dust and show the strengths/weakness's of the characters as both individuals and as a team. What have they learned over the years, in their work, of themselves, and of each other. But thats just my thought.

Well secrets do have the tendacy of tearing even the best of friendships apart...nothing says 'friendship' more then saying "I don't trust you" ...and if the tables were turned I don't think Cath would like being kept in the dark and deceived either.

I just can't see Grissom ever agreeing to deceive his team like this, and thats the big difference between Cath and Gris...she's too politic where as he doesnt play games

In the latest video clip Catherine is telling the sherrif something along the lines that the team can't be fooled tells me she has all the faith and loyalty in the world for them. She does not want to do this reverse forenics thing but she has no choice.

Im sure it won't turn out as bad as it seems, the team will find out they were wrong about her, say they are sorry, all is forgiven and they move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back