Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think that it's because, for better or worse, Catherine always wants to be on the winning side.

2. CSI_Wearden

CSI_Wearden Witness

Thanks ^_^

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

CAtherine is on the side of the victims and finding their killers, just like any other CSI. The spoilers are probably making seem worse thatn it is, or they could be wrong alltogether. Either way it will in intresting to watch.

4. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

Word. Catherine has already established that she will do whatever it takes to make sure the victim gets justice and the killer is put behind bars [After the Show, anyone?]. IIRC, the "lie" is more like a fib. Something about Catherine and Keppy shooting "crime scene" photos with a live "victim"[witness] to flush out the killer. Nick and Warrick look at the photos, think they are faked, go to Catherine who brushes them off. The boys then suspect Keppy is with IAB.

A friend of mine sent me the sides in an e-mail, so the details are a little fuzzy and there could have been rewrites, but on the whole, the "deception" isn't that big a deal.

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Oh, thanks. I don't read the episode discussions, but the spoiler lab ;)

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I disagree. Catherine has often gone with her gut, whether it was for the benefit of the victim or not, and has caused a lot of problems for the lab and herself because of it.

Barring the many incidents when she placed herself on a case that she was personally involved in, she also caused a man to kill another because she told him that he was sleeping with his wife. She also wanted to turn a blind eye to the fact that it was the young grandson in that early season 1 episode, and let the grandfather go to jail, which completely went in the face of justice for the victim's family in finding out the truth.

Catherine wants to know "why" more than she wants to know "how", and because of that, I think she doesn't like the answers to those questions, and tries to fit them to her own agenda.

I think she's the CSI who finds it the hardest to detach herself in general.

While sometimes it makes her brilliant, in others it makes her look judgemental and too easily clouded. On a lot of cases, she's felt like Ecklie with a heart.

The Ecklie who pre-decides what the case will turn out as, but for obviously better motives than Ecklie's.

This spoiler doesn't really bother me too much, because it's really Keppler whose idea it was and is talking her into doing it. In terms of Catherine's track record, I don't think this will make much of a dent either way.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah, I'm not happy about the lying thing.

But that's Catherine, she's hungry for power and will do whatever it takes to get there even if it means stomping over the other teammates.

I hope this comes back and hits her right in the aXX!!!

8. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Hmmm... I have to agree with many of you.

I don't like the lying thing, and then on top of the fact that Catherine is already walking on thin ice with me. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike her. But she is very power-hungry (IMO) and when she thinks she should have power, or does have power, or feels deprived of power she thinks she should have, she changes. I will have to wait and see what tempts her to betray everyone, but I cannot think of a reason why she would do that.

Either way, I hope this turns out right, or else I will lose more respect for her.

Man, I want Grissom back.

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I probably will lose respect to Catherine.

This is example, "What if Nick, Warrick, Sara and Greg get hurt on the job because of Catherine's lying? I don't think Grissom will be happy with her if he find out.

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think it'll be less about Catherine putting them in danger, and more about Keppler getting her to do something unethical with the evidence or the suspects or something.

In that sense, it is Keppler's plan, but Catherine has been shown to be a strong woman, so I wouldn't really buy it if she just went along with what another CSI told her to do when she's supposed to be Supervisor.

In essence, more than making her look like a bad person, I think it'll further drive home the point made back in Season 5 that she just plain isn't a good leader.

11. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i think that we have to wait for the episode. it could be that catherine lies to the team, but, im usually not an optimist, but maybe she had to? i dont know why, and it could be. i dont think that i will lose my respect for her. lately i have come to like her more and more. it could very well be that i wont be happy with her actions...never know

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hmm guys can we tone it down just a touch, there is a boarder that we just don't want to cross the line is known as character bashing. Might not be your intent but the signs point that direction and I would like to get you all turned around.

While I understand that catherine has to do something that is against what we consider ethical the fact that has to be taken into consideration is also, is she being tested on what she would do? is someone trying to see just how far they can push before she fineally says enough and no?

I doubt that Catherine would knowingly let anyone be hurt or in danger considering what Nick went through in grave danger, and the position she was in when she thought she was raped. I think the arc of the matter is a possible over hype, sort of like the Leaving las vegas episode commericals over hype it when we know he (william) is just gone for four eps on sabbitical.

Also lets keep in mind that spoilers are there to guide people on what May happen and not what will happen. If you wish to discuss how this effects Catherine or any member thats fine, I am just asking that you make sure it doesn't go past that line and over the cliff into the land of bashing. Thank you. ;)

13. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

From what I was able to piece together, the "deception", while slightly unorthodox and possibly a tad unethical, in no way puts the other team members in danger. The CSI's had identified a killer, but he'd gone to ground. Keppy comes up with a plan. The deception flushes out the killer. And before someone asks, the deception does not affect that case.

As for the personal ramifications of the lie. Who knows? Catherine does like being the Boss. Will the team find out? Will they understand? Only the continuity faerie knows and we all know how fickle she is :)

14. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

I think they are just trying to show the differences between Grissom, Catherine and Keppler, while Grissom can be very patient, and on many occasion has said that while the evidence doesn't lie sometimes the bad guys walk..I think that Keppler is different in that respect, a little more impatient and they are trying to bring that point home. While it's not against the law, it does sort of almost show a "win at any cost" sort of thing, while Grissom would be more, "we will get him, eventually". Neither one would give up, but Grissom, while he'd HATE to see the guy get away, he'd just be a little more patient and maybe have a little more finesse in how he goes about catching the guy.

But that's just my opinion, I really want to wait to see the epi before I really make any final judgements.

15. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

That's a very good opinion.. I completely agree with you on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.