Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. WP should be back by 7X16. I know there was talk he would be back by 7X15 [Laws of Gravity], but there's no mention of Grissom, so that's an assumption on my part.

For me, I'm not so much dreading Grissom leaving. It's his coming back and what effect that will have on the team. I mean, if you go by the preview, it's like he's saying good bye, as in permanent good bye. So then what, he shows back up one day? Kind of an "Oh, hey, I'm back!" thing? Seriously awkward. I'm really having a hard time reconciling the emotion of the preview and the thought that Grissom will be back in his office in, what, a month? Or maybe more-TPTB could do the whole "time warp" thing and he shows up six months later. I'm thinking this is really a dry run for when/if WP leaves for good and the writers haven't quite figured out how to bring him back without it being contrite.

That's one thing that kind of confused me so to speak. The way the promo showed it, it was like he was leaving forever, not four weeks... what's that about??

^^
This is just a guess, but maybe they are getting the non-spoiled people who watch the show ready for when Billy/Grissom really leaves...
But I did notice that too...

x_lea_x said:
That's one thing that kind of confused me so to speak. The way the promo showed it, it was like he was leaving forever, not four weeks... what's that about??

One word....... Ratings! Remember back when they were pimping Grave Danger? The promos made it look more dramatic than it was. Same with Lady Heather's Box. Made it look like Lady H and Grissom were going to pick up where they left off. But you know, I've watched the promo for LLV over and over and still, it's like he's saying his final good-byes instead of see ya in a couple of weeks.

And the whole locker room scene w/Sara?? It really sounds like she's just learning he is actually going. Oh drama, thy name is Carol Mendelson!

Ah yeah you guys are right. I didn't think of that side of it. (I haven't seen any of these promos before :p)

With Sara in the locker. It did sound sort of like she only just learned about it. Also in a way sounded like she'd been told earlier, and then she was saying 'So you're really going then' In a way where it sounds like 'How can you go, don't go' If I make sense :lol:

Yes that's true. What I really mean to convey was the promos rarely show him, so it seems he's not really important (even though that's not the case) so it's just frustrating but you are correct we've seen alot more Greg this season.

Sorry, wojo - didn't mean to sound like I was blowing you off by not responding, I didn't see this.

I understand what you mean - very few promo pics (if any) with Greg, very few ads featuring Greg... but it seems that most of the promos this year have just been about the cases, and Greg, because of the time he had to take off, and the fact that they probably want him to take it easy and try to stay out of the field, hasn't been shown in a lot of "discovering the body" shots.

But I still think that he's had a very generous share of storyline time so far this year. And between being in the promos or having more storylines, I'd pick the latter.

sarahvma said:
Yes that's true. What I really mean to convey was the promos rarely show him, so it seems he's not really important (even though that's not the case) so it's just frustrating but you are correct we've seen alot more Greg this season.

Sorry, wojo - didn't mean to sound like I was blowing you off by not responding, I didn't see this.

I understand what you mean - very few promo pics (if any) with Greg, very few ads featuring Greg... but it seems that most of the promos this year have just been about the cases, and Greg, because of the time he had to take off, and the fact that they probably want him to take it easy and try to stay out of the field, hasn't been shown in a lot of "discovering the body" shots.

But I still think that he's had a very generous share of storyline time so far this year. And between being in the promos or having more storylines, I'd pick the latter.

NO problem. Your right, I do think this has been a very good season for Greg so far, there have only been a few episodes where we only see him for one or two scenes (BTK1 & Toe Tags) but he has had quite a bit of screen time compared to previous seasons. I just wish he'd get more recognition for it but I'll take what I can get.

NO problem. Your right, I do think this has been a very good season for Greg so far, there have only been a few episodes where we only see him for one or two scenes (BTK1 & Toe Tags) but he has had quite a bit of screen time compared to previous seasons. I just wish he'd get more recognition for it but I'll take what I can get.

It's possible that between Grissom leaving, and Greg's court date (maybe?) coming up, that they'll give Eric a big acting scene to really dig in to.

The first two storylines he's had has sort of been him reacting rather than acting (though he did it well), yet I hope that the suing itself cracks him a bit from his shell. Maybe makes him lost the sympathy he has for the family?

I'm with a lot of you on the "Why the heck do we need another actor in here? Are you kidding" boat. I mean, I think that the team is awesome. There have been several stand out episodes that didn't involve Grissom at all. "Gum Drops," though originally intended for Grissom, worked fine without him. "Unusual Suspect" wasn't as big a success, but it was still quite good. So, I think the others could have carried the storyline fine without bringing in another person.

That said, it's already been done, so I'm in "wait and see" mode. I'm just going to see what happens with it all, especially with the big Keppler episode...

MacsGirlMel said:
I know Gum Drops was due to a death in the family but where was he during Unusual Suspect?

It was near the end of the season and they were doubleing up shooting (two eps at once) and he and Eric were shooting Spellbound at the time. So no Gris & Greg in Ususal Suspect and no Nick & Sara in Spellbound.

The newly updated schedule:

1/4/07 8:00pm "Spellbound" (Repeat)
1/4/07 9:00pm "Leaving Las Vegas" (NEW)
1/11/07 "Fannysmackin'" (Repeat)
1/18/07 "Sweet Jane" (NEW)
1/25/07 "Redrum" (NEW)

Looks like they're keeping Redrum after all. :p

Hey, did anyone see the wierd "Who is Keppler" thing n the cbs site. It's nothing really, but if you want to see it, this is the link. (i think, if not, just go to the site and its in the bottom left hand corner)

Who Is Keppler?

Is it insinuating that Keppler isn't who he says he is maybe? Or that there's something sinister about him? I've not a clue, but there must be a story coming up about him, that or is it to do with the date which is April Fools Day?

WOW. freaky. i think that it means that he is not who he says he is...cant wait to see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back