Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather they split them up sooner rather than later myself, but even for Lucy -- at the time, she's only two or three. I mean, I'd feel bad for her anyway, but it would be better to have her parents break up when she has few-to-no solid memories, as opposed to when she's older and used to them being together.
Maybe Lucy wants them to split!:lol:

~ It looks like Danny might know the bodyguard, Paulson. (I don't think we've seen this character before, have we?) He comments about Danny's perfect life and family and says he acts like a saint (sarcastically).

excuse me being thick here (blame insomnia/headache) but... who's being sarcastic here? if you are then i totally take all the following points about making danny out as a saint. but from reading the spoiler it sounded more like paulson being sarcastic which would surely suggest that danny's *not* some kind of saint and his family life *isn't* perfect...
Sorry, I guess I didn't word that portion very well. It's basically like Paulson's going 'well, you're a saint with a perfect family, everybody can't be like you' or something like that. Hopefully that makes sense. :lol:

yeah i thought it was probably that, but then i thought, hold on, maybe faylinn is being sarcastic, maybe there's like a meta-bazinga-type-thing going on :lol:

:lol: I guess we'll see when the episode airs how it all plays out. It could just be this guy's view of Danny and his life, whether or not it's actually accurate - hopefully. :p

Sorry for the double post, but there's a bit more info about 7.05 - specifically, Danny's relationship with Paulson.
~ Danny and Paulson rode together when they were uniformed officers 10 years ago. Danny tells Flack about the night Paulson accidentally screwed up and lost his job - they arrested several young men for gun possession, and Paulson frisked the two guys they put in the back of their car. Unfortunately, he missed the fact that one of the guys had a revolver on him. The gun fell underneath the seat and was hidden - two different cops drove the car during the next shift, and a suspect found the gun and shot them. The cops survived, but Paulson lost his job. That led to him working in security for a scumbag lawyer like Cutter.​

Who's ready for the season premiere press release?

THE NEWEST CSI TEAM MEMBER IS WELCOMED BY STUMBLING UPON A WOMAN MURDERED IN THE NYPD CRIME LAB BUILDING, ON THE SEVENTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "CSI: NY", FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24.

Emmy Award Winner Sela Ward ("House," "Sisters," "Once and Again") Joins The Cast As Jo Danville, The Newest Member Of The CSI Team.

"The 34th Floor" -- The newest member of the CSI team, Jo Danville, a former FBI agent, is welcomed to her new job by stumbling upon the body of young woman murdered somewhere in the building that houses the NYPD Crime Lab, on the seventh season premiere of "CSI: NY," Friday, September 24 (9:00-10:00pm).

Series Regulars:
Detective Mac Taylor - Gary Sinise
Jo Danville - Sela Ward
Danny Messer - Carmine Giovinazzo
Dr. Sheldon Hawkes - Hill Harper
Detective Don Flack - Eddie Cahill
Lindsay Monroe Messer - Anna Belknap
Adam Ross - AJ Buckley
Dr. Sid Hammerback - Robert Joy

Guest Cast:
James Sheehan - Glenn Taranto
Sarah Nelson - Katie Boggs
Theodore Westwick - Brett Tucker
Rudy Aronika - Lawrence Monoson
Alex Brodovesky - Sean Maguire
Dr. Morgan Jefferson - Jane McLean
Simon - Andrew Keegan

Written by: John Dove and Pam Veasey, one of the show's executive producers
Directed by: Duane Clark

Some catching up to do :)

Originally Posted by *lisasimpson*
Originally Posted by Curiosity
Have to say I'm surprised they are coming out of the gate with a Lindsay storyline. I'm not sure that's the best strategy, considering Lindsay was one of the rotating characters who 'disappeared" from time to time last season, but we'll see....
i was quite surprised by that too, especially in light of her hardly being there last season, but maybe like you say they're wanting to reassert her ....
They're jumpstarting the season with two of the disappearing characters from last season. I certainly hope they mean to reassert her, and Adam too; since lots of people were pissed about their disappearance last year, and if they mean to do the same thing this year it's smart to indicate that both characters have something else going on on the side.
Well, ...I agree it's sorta smart, but I'm not sure I'd call it jumpstarting the season :p. I think Five months and 3 components to address is the jumpstart. The show is coming out of the gate with that wee small matter of a DLL based OMFGo0dness Cliffhanger to resolve :lol:, bringing Jo in and 'splaining why Stella left. But I know watcha mean :lol:.

I did tweak an eyebrow at hints that Lindsay could be getting an ongoing arc from it, but otoh, I guess that also means they could essentially tease and defer addressing the whole business more directly for as long as they want, while they get on with establishing other things for S7. Almost like a temporary patch n' fix to be revisted later. If they bother. "Here's yer Shiny Medal, ur awsum (to borrow phrasing from a Sinise tweibler :p), fine tantrum-toss it in the dustbin & be That Way, see if we care (or ultimately revisit the storyline. New Priorities an' all, you understand...) :p."

Flack's arc was pretty well done in S6, but Messer was walking in 4 eps; I'm not gonna lay odds on what treatment possible Lindsay Issuez could get. And I'm gonna try not to think about S3 Dark Sekrits for comparative possible screen quality unless faced with something similar again. Although I just did, of course. Can't f*cking win today :lol:.

While Lindsay has now finished her mandated counselling, potential ongoing Issuez certainly could be used as a factor in explaining any other gaps in her appearances, if the show does keep the rotation up. I am glad to see that Adam seems to be getting a fair bit to do in the early goings this season. I'd be even happier still if Sid is also seen more this season, and they continue to find additional ways to incorporate him. Even if we don't see them in every ep, if they're given a bit more to do than what they've previously been used for, and if it's more individually tailored and character specific as opposed to interchangeable tech/expo, I'll still be kinda sorta somewhat reasonably happy :p.

I'm still rather perplexed that Danny's apparently not involved in fall-out stemming from Casey specifically targeting him. If they're skirting that to avoid Danny-centric material and to spread focus out to Lindsay, well ...why the hell did they bother in the first place :lol:. Sorta the question I keep coming back to, really. (It's not that I'm hoping for a related Messer component multi-ep arc to pair off against the (possible) choice to give Lindsay one, it's just that I have found the handling of the whole S6 Casey Revisitation a little befuddling :lol:).

Meh. Part of the reason I loathe & detest cliffhangers in general :lol:. And any changes made to the S7 follow-thru in light of behind the scenes transitions still doesn't alter that there was a rather unimpressive, weak finale & cliffhanger in the first place. Shunting it off sooner rather than later works for me. Guess we'll see how it all plays out. They've surprised me with elements of the new character already, mebbe I'll be pleasantly surprised by stuff written for the core group as well.

7.06 "Do Not Pass Go":
~ The episode starts with an older couple in an abandoned building. They seem to be following mysterious instructions. The man seems weary and wants to stop, but the woman refuses to give up - she has to know for sure....

~ They emerge on the roof of the building and hurry toward a red 1950s car. It's only when they get close that they realize the horror of what they're really seeing. There's a decomposing body in the front seat.

~ We also get to learn more about Jo's family. We meet her 11-year-old son Elliot when he comes to the lab. He's not happy in New York and wants to go back to Virginia. Jo says their family has a chance to start over, and she convinces him to give school another try. At the end of the episode, she meets Elliot for hot dogs and buys an extra one. Elliot seems happier, but Jo is disappointed when her older son Tyler calls to say he can't come because he's having pizza with his friends from college.​
I'm curious about Jo's family - I guess Tyler is the son she adopted from a woman she put in jail.
The start of the case sounds interesting, as does a younger son for Jo in addition to Tyler. I wasn't at all expecting them to write in a family who was present day to day in her life. Sounds good, and more complicated than I'd anticipated for her character. Promising.

Also. Car on the roof? :p. Could be fun. Not as easy as it sounds :lol: (depending on the building). A 1950's car? Also interesting, as a choice.

PS. Do Not Pass Go is an Interestink title. ...Wasn't Flack a Monopoly kinda guy? :p

What happened to Eddie's hair? :eek:
:lol:.

~ Later, the team is investigating the death of an unidentified man with a superficial knife wound on his neck and a bullet hole in the center of his forehead. They don't know who he is or why he got shot.
Is this a hint that NY is reviving two-case episodes? (Or at least a hint of such before discovering a certain connektion between them?)

Would be welcome if S7 had a few eps which were 2-cases per.

(I'm also severely lacking caffeination, and so mebbe that's misreading and wishful thinking on my part).

(Does the twitipic of Eddie & Gary staring up in the air, um, relate to 7.05 Up In The Air, by chance? And honestly, these days I really, really can't keep track :lol:. *shrug* Would be sorta amusing if it turned out it did though).

~ It looks like Danny might know the bodyguard, Paulson. (I don't think we've seen this character before, have we?) He comments about Danny's perfect life and family and says he acts like a saint (sarcastically).
I don't recall a Paulson on NY before? ...but it wouldn't be the first time the show has created a spontaneous long history between a main character and a story-specific one :lol:

If Paulson knows something of Messer's Tanglewood past, for example, that could be interesting. If it's just a generic "lookit teh high & mighty successful cop w/ a shiny happy family etc." that's sorta more meh for me. It's the snippet of what Danny "acts like," and present appearances vs what Paulson may indeed know that sounds like it could be fun, if they go there. Now that Messer does indeed have a wife & child, yada.

~ There appears to be a scene where Danny and Adam are discussing what they'd do if they found a duffel bag full of gems worth $2 million. Danny says he'd turn it in, no question, but Adam isn't so sure it's that simple. Hawkes comes in, and Danny asks his opinion on this ethical debate (which he says Adam is failing). Hawkes segues the conversation into something relevant to the investigation by saying he'd give the gems to the man with a knife to his throat...
Interesting. Nice also to see Sheldon, Adam, & Danny in discussion. I like moments devoted to such, whether it's Stella/Danny w/ Blu Flu, Flack, Mac & Danny in Enough, etc. Sheldon sounds very pragmatic, Danny a little idealistic, and Adam thinking there's more shades of grey.

If Messer's stance also ties back into Paulson's take on him, it also brings Messer back into the more complicated territory his character inhabited more frequently in seasons past. There's potential. But could be I'm also reading too much into it :lol:.

I gotta say, I'm not thrilled with this tendency to make Adam look bad in these first few episodes. If they're going somewhere with it, that's one thing (something I won't be pleased with, mind you, but it would at least make sense), but seriously? Granted, what I read lacks complete context, and I'll withhold judgment until I see exactly how things play out, but if they're doing it just to make Danny look like the ~saint with the ~perfect family, I'll vomit.
...I share similar feelings, if only cos Adam's someone I'd wanna be protective of :p, but, Adam's also been among the most grounded and human characters, and has been frequently used for humor because of foibles that most people share. I like that in Snow Day, Adam wasn't made to be a default action hero but a guy caught up in the worst circumstances & alone on scene. I didn't think the worse of him for giving up passcodes etc. I like the possibility that Adam could be more complicated as a character and not simply comic relief. Suppose it depends on whether they'll use him more seriously or whether they'll play more to sniffing a gold ingot a la Pot Of Gold, etc.

I don't necessarily wanna see him too compromised or tarnished, for lack of better words, but I kinda like that Adam may be getting more material in both substance & volume to play; I hope it actually does have to do with him, and that he's not being used to shine a relative light on another character.

I still think bringing Rikki back would be far more interesting for Danny than anything that could be done with his dynamic with Lindsay. It might be overkill to have Rikki come back with his kid given that he knocked Lindsay up, too. Imagine all the jokes Flack would make about the potency of the Messer sperm. :lol: ;)

But whatever happens, Danny needs a storyline that doesn't involve his dull wife!
I agree. But, I also don't think Rikki would hafta come back with Messer's kid to be interesting :lol:.

(And somehow, I also think it would unavoidably return to DL territory, given they're married etc. Not something I'd relish as counterpoint.

I do rue the day the show decided to put them together in S5).

...…It’s not bad that I’d want Rikki to come back just for the divorce, is it? :lol: *hides* I mean, a bonus plus would be the Danny/Rikki dynamic, because they had an interesting one; but after S6 I kind of want to get Lindsay far away from Danny and think it’d be good for her (plus, more interesting relationship potential elsewhere… that’s just me though :p).
I still think it woulda been interesting, once the show had decided to incorporate AB's RL pregnancy into the show, for Lindsay to have either been with someone else altogether and the child not be Messer's, or if they were insistant in playing to Messer's Potency :lol:, to having them not get married, and remained separate if cooperative single parents.

ETA:
~ Danny and Paulson rode together when they were uniformed officers 10 years ago. ....The cops survived, but Paulson lost his job. That led to him working in security for a scumbag lawyer like Cutter.
Thanks for the update.

(Not sure how you miss a revolver, nor retrieve one while handcuffed presumably behind one's back, unless it conveniently works for show plot...)

I still kinda like the notion that Paulson might know more of Messer's backstory, which I suppose could be possible if they worked together a lot in their early days. Mebbe his past will be referenced again. One can hope, anyways. Does seem like it could be more about Paulson being bitter though.

And I can't help thinking, everytime reading of a lawyer named Cutter, of the L&O guy :lol:. Mebbe it's his darker doppelganger. :lol:

Thanks yas all for vids, pics, press, & spoilers :)

I'm guessing if we get any insight into Danny's past it'll be the revised version they came up with from the episode with the blue flu. Danny coming from a family of cops and being "perfect" fits better with a "screw up" former partner. :rolleyes: :shifty:

Sorry for the double post, but there's a bit more info about 7.05 - specifically, Danny's relationship with Paulson.
~ Danny and Paulson rode together when they were uniformed officers 10 years ago. Danny tells Flack about the night Paulson accidentally screwed up and lost his job - they arrested several young men for gun possession, and Paulson frisked the two guys they put in the back of their car. Unfortunately, he missed the fact that one of the guys had a revolver on him. The gun fell underneath the seat and was hidden - two different cops drove the car during the next shift, and a suspect found the gun and shot them. The cops survived, but Paulson lost his job. That led to him working in security for a scumbag lawyer like Cutter.​

But...Danny has been working for the lab for twelve years, hasn't he? I thought Mac mentioned in S1 that he'd hired Danny six years before that, which would have been twelve years ago. Hence, Danny couldn't have been on patrol with Paulson ten years ago.

~ Danny and Paulson rode together when they were uniformed officers 10 years ago. Danny tells Flack about the night Paulson accidentally screwed up and lost his job - they arrested several young men for gun possession, and Paulson frisked the two guys they put in the back of their car. Unfortunately, he missed the fact that one of the guys had a revolver on him. The gun fell underneath the seat and was hidden - two different cops drove the car during the next shift, and a suspect found the gun and shot them. The cops survived, but Paulson lost his job. That led to him working in security for a scumbag lawyer like Cutter.

But...Danny has been working for the lab for twelve years, hasn't he? I thought Mac mentioned in S1 that he'd hired Danny six years before that, which would have been twelve years ago. Hence, Danny couldn't have been on patrol with Paulson ten years ago.

And in "Grounds for Deception" we learned Stella was 35. . . :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:.
This show has no regard for timelines, continuity, believability and all the stupid stuff like that. What's important is knowing that Danny and Lindsay are the perfect couple with a perfect baby and the most perfectest love evar!!!!11!! :rolleyes: :shifty:

I'm guessing if we get any insight into Danny's past it'll be the revised version they came up with from the episode with the blue flu. Danny coming from a family of cops and being "perfect" fits better with a "screw up" former partner. :rolleyes: :shifty:
...dammit ...true :lol:. Sorta took it upon meself to forget the show apparently wanted to make Flack a Chronic Screw Up and Danny a perfect cop from a family of Blue longstanding...

...Sigh.

:lol:. Right. Back when Stella herself was 22 or the like.

Math. Such a pesky nuisance. I suppose they find it a relief to rarely bother with it. (I honestly don't recall but I'm sure details are being unearthed to confirm or deny now that it's been pointed out)

ETA:

Originally Posted by PerfectAnomaly:
And in "Grounds for Deception" we learned Stella was 35. . . .
...beat me to it :lol:. Mondays. I suppose Messer & Stella also went thru the Academy together too.

Last edited:
Guys, guys, you have to remember that the Black Hole of Continuity is a tangible entity capable of warping timelines. Someday we'll meet one of the rare few who can sense these disturbances in the space-time continuum, and he or she will divert disaster while the rest of the CSI:NY universe goes on as if nothing has occurred, oblivious to just how close they came to absolute destruction.

In the meantime, wonky timelines are just a side effect that we have to deal with.

:p

Guys, guys, you have to remember that the Black Hole of Continuity is a tangible entity capable of warping timelines. Someday we'll meet one of the rare few who can sense these disturbances in the space-time continuum, and he or she will divert disaster while the rest of the CSI:NY universe goes on as if nothing has occurred, oblivious to just how close they came to absolute destruction.

In the meantime, wonky timelines are just a side effect that we have to deal with.

When the show starts getting ridiculous with people's ages and it's disregard for what happened in earlier seasons/episodes it gets pretty hard to deal with and ignore.

I did tweak an eyebrow at hints that Lindsay could be getting an ongoing arc from it, but otoh, I guess that also means they could essentially tease and defer addressing the whole business more directly for as long as they want, while they get on with establishing other things for S7...

Flack's arc was pretty well done in S6, but Messer was walking in 4 eps; I'm not gonna lay odds on what treatment possible Lindsay Issuez could get....

While Lindsay has now finished her mandated counselling, potential ongoing Issuez certainly could be used as a factor in explaining any other gaps in her appearances

good points all - we know how "this is a big story resulting from last season's huge cliffhanger" usually pans out - oh look, it was horrible, now it's fixed. so i guess we'll see.
"Here's yer Shiny Medal, ur awsum (to borrow phrasing from a Sinise tweibler :p)

ok, i understood the first 4 words of that (and "sinise", obvs). can you try again in english?!:lol::lol:

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I don't know if we've seen these two pictures from (set designer) Will Batts' Twitter (apologies if someone did post them) - click to enlarge:

The second one definitely looks like it's from 7.03 "Damned if You Do" - the first one might just be a behind-the-scenes thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back