Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ It looks like Danny might know the bodyguard, Paulson. (I don't think we've seen this character before, have we?) He comments about Danny's perfect life and family and says he acts like a saint (sarcastically).

excuse me being thick here (blame insomnia/headache) but... who's being sarcastic here? if you are then i totally take all the following points about making danny out as a saint. but from reading the spoiler it sounded more like paulson being sarcastic which would surely suggest that danny's *not* some kind of saint and his family life *isn't* perfect...

ok, i need a lie down. i agree with perfectanomaly about adam though :)

I still think bringing Rikki back would be far more interesting for Danny than anything that could be done with his dynamic with Lindsay. It might be overkill to have Rikki come back with his kid given that he knocked Lindsay up, too. Imagine all the jokes Flack would make about the potency of the Messer sperm. :lol: ;)

But whatever happens, Danny needs a storyline that doesn't involve his dull wife!

I still think bringing Rikki back would be far more interesting for Danny than anything that could be done with his dynamic with Lindsay. It might be overkill to have Rikki come back with his kid given that he knocked Lindsay up, too. Imagine all the jokes Flack would make about the potency of the Messer sperm. :lol: ;)

But whatever happens, Danny needs a storyline that doesn't involve his dull wife!

:thumbsup: Word! Couldn't agree more with you. Danny was such an interesting and entertaining character before they hooked him up with boring Montana girl. I want the old Danny back! HEHE I'm sure Flack's jokes would bring tears into my eyes :guffaw:.

It might be overkill to have Rikki come back with his kid given that he knocked Lindsay up, too.
True enough but how cool would THAT be! Talk about bringing some zest back for the show AND Danny!:lol: He has a little boy to replace the loss for Rikki and of course he would be "torn" with his responsibility to both women! I say bring her back and bring out the sugar bowl!
:)
Imagine all the jokes Flack would make about the potency of the Messer sperm. :lol: ;)
How about putting some iron trunks on those "little swimmers". :lol:

Last edited:
I wouldn't want Rikki coming back with a kid and saying it was Danny's because I'd feel like I was watching The Young and The Restless instead of CSI: NY. :lol:

I want Rikki to come back. That's on my wish list. :) I like Lindsay as a character but for me, Rikki and Danny would have been a better couple. But I'm not asking for cheating Danny and then divorce - too much drama.

I have my doubts that Rikki will come back. I believe there was some discussion of it back in Season 5, but it never panned out. It's an interesting idea, I just don't see it working out.

Also, why would she come back? She moved and all to start a new life - backtracking may not help.

I gotta say, I'm not thrilled with this tendency to make Adam look bad in these first few episodes. If they're going somewhere with it, that's one thing (something I won't be pleased with, mind you, but it would at least make sense), but seriously? Granted, what I read lacks complete context, and I'll withhold judgment until I see exactly how things play out, but if they're doing it just to make Danny look like the ~saint with the ~perfect family, I'll vomit.

That said, I think most people would have at least a moment of hesitation if they found $2 million worth of gems and jewelry - even if they'd Do The Right Thing in the end and turn it in. I just hope they don't make Adam look bad over it. (Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll cut out that bit. *crosses fingers*)

It'll bother me too if they're trying to make Adam look bad. Remember last season, the episode in the bank vault? They pulled something like that with Adam there too. I'm going to take it as what Adam meant was that it's not as easy as "the right thing to do is to turn the money in" and that he was saying that some people wouldn't find it that easy because they have financial problems, families to take care, etc... and even if they're basically a good person, they may find themselves entertaining the idea of keeping the money.

To be honest with you, I'd be more upset if they tried to pull a stunt like that with Sheldon. But I guess they're trying to turn Adam into NY's Cooper.

Geeno said:
I want Rikki to come back. That's on my wish list. :) I like Lindsay as a character but for me, Rikki and Danny would have been a better couple. But I'm not asking for cheating Danny and then divorce - too much drama.

...…It’s not bad that I’d want Rikki to come back just for the divorce, is it? :lol: *hides* I mean, a bonus plus would be the Danny/Rikki dynamic, because they had an interesting one; but after S6 I kind of want to get Lindsay far away from Danny and think it’d be good for her (plus, more interesting relationship potential elsewhere… that’s just me though :p).

Yeah, not that I want to see relationship drama either, and not saying they would go there...but they’ve done crazier things on this show before, and a breakup's still kind of a wish for this show ...

~ It looks like Danny might know the bodyguard, Paulson. (I don't think we've seen this character before, have we?) He comments about Danny's perfect life and family and says he acts like a saint (sarcastically).

excuse me being thick here (blame insomnia/headache) but... who's being sarcastic here? if you are then i totally take all the following points about making danny out as a saint. but from reading the spoiler it sounded more like paulson being sarcastic which would surely suggest that danny's *not* some kind of saint and his family life *isn't* perfect...
Sorry, I guess I didn't word that portion very well. It's basically like Paulson's going 'well, you're a saint with a perfect family, everybody can't be like you' or something like that. Hopefully that makes sense. :lol:

Geeno said:

...…It’s not bad that I’d want Rikki to come back just for the divorce, is it? :lol: *hides* I mean, a bonus plus would be the Danny/Rikki dynamic, because they had an interesting one; but after S6 I kind of want to get Lindsay far away from Danny and think it’d be good for her (plus, more interesting relationship potential elsewhere… that’s just me though :p).

:lol: But it's a little too early - maybe when the show reached it's 15th season! Plus, I will feel bad for Lucy. In SVU, Elliot (the lead detective) is happily married since the show started but now he's having problems with his children. It might be a good story line for Danny in the future. Maybe we don't need to wait that long. Who knows when we get season 8, Lucy might be 12 already! :lol:

Regarding Rikki's return, I'm not expecting it to happen this season or at all, just a wish. A reason for her return? I'm thinking one day Danny receives a call, surprisingly it's from Rikki asking for his help. She is in prison and she wants to get out. Danny agrees to help and keeps it a secret from Lindsay, Mac and the rest of the team but Adam. Or other much better story! :lol:

Last edited:
Geeno said:
:lol: But it's a little too early - maybe when the show reached it's 15th season! Plus, I will feel bad for Lucy. In SVU, Elliot (the lead detective) is happily married since the show started but now he's having problems with his children. It might be a good story line for Danny in the future. Maybe we don't need to wait that long. Who knows when we get season 8, Lucy might be 12 already! :lol:

S8? Nah, waaaayy too long :p:lol: I'd rather they split them up sooner rather than later myself, but even for Lucy -- at the time, she's only two or three. I mean, I'd feel bad for her anyway, but it would be better to have her parents break up when she has few-to-no solid memories, as opposed to when she's older and used to them being together. Plus, it would be cool to see Lindsay (and Danny, in the likely event that they share custody) handle single-parenthood while she's young, because it'd also mean watching them handle it separately as she grows up: like Catherine and her daughter on CSI.

Regarding Rikki's return, I'm not expecting it to happen this season or at all, just a wish. A reason for her return? I'm thinking one day Danny receives a call, surprisingly it's from Rikki asking for his help. She is in prison and she wants to get out. Danny agrees to help and keeps it a secret from Lindsay, Mac and the rest of the team but Adam. Or other much better story! :lol:
:)guffaw::luvlove:Adam! Sorry, I'm just picturing him in that situation, the only one who knows:guffaw:)

LOL, anyway -- I'd be good with her coming back because she needs Danny's help. But, while imo Rikki was a pretty decent character in her own right, one of the main reasons she was there was to split Danny and Lindsay. (The other reason, being a physical representation of Danny's guilt, doesn't apply much anymore since that guilt seems to have vanished.) So I have to agree with others that if they were going to bring her back, it'd be fairly pointless unless the show had either that breakup in mind, or a parallel-to-Ruben situation with Lucy in mind (which would be another good and relevant reason, but I think would lead to a DL-split anyway:p). It'd be like bringing Peyton back for no reason whatsoever. Yes, it seems like no reason now, since TPTB've changed plans, but she was initially there to either indicate that Mac was (or wasn't) over his first post-Claire relationship, and thereby capable of moving on healthily (or not). Either way, Peyton was originally relevant. [I still don't think the storyline was one that absolutely had to be done in S6, but as far as Mac's development goes, I can see how it was probably relevant.]

A second cop-out would be completely nauseating with Rikki, though -- Danny should've stuck with her the first time and left Lindsay free -- so they'd be smarter to keep to their guns this time if they went there at all. Maybe the lies and hiding-stuff could get to Lindsay (I know it'd get to me), put a strain on their marriage, then they call it quits.

....Yea yea yea, I know I'm wishful-thinking here, but I think it could happen ;) (in a way that wouldn't even require a lot of drama if they handled it carefully) Again, they've done crazier. I'm realistic, I know they probably won't here, but they have before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back