Season 7 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

That was definitely a series low in the demo.I hope next episode does better with the ratings.

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Me too and because of that I'm so curious what kind of finale we are going to get this season. I actually planned to send question via twitter to TV Guide about the finale episode but I thought it was too early too ask. Will it be action-packed like 'Snow Day,' or CSIs in peril like 'Pay Up,' 'Hostage,' 'Charge of This Post,' or a strong/solid case like 'What You See.' Or if the writers feel or CBS gives go signal the show will be renewed, a cliffhanger like 'Vacation Getaway.'

Of course, I want the show to be renewed. It's my favorite show on Earth! :thumbsup: But if the show can't really stand Friday nights, I'll also be quite happy it this is the last as long as they give us an awesome finale! :thumbsup:

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I think the speculation about cancellation is so much alarmist hysteria. If it were on its last legs, then why bother replacing Melina with a high-caliber actress like Sela Ward? Are the ratings in decline? Yes, but a move to the Friday death slot and four mediocre seasons are bound to take a toll.

If the show winds up on hiatus in order to showcase a new show, then I'll join Camp Chicken Little, but I think the show will get at least one more season.

4. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

See I haven't watched the CSI franchises long enough to know what makes a good finale. I began watching NY mid season 6, and didn't even know it was a "weak" season.

I hope it pulls through at least another season. However, I would like to see Gary play in another role besides Mac Taylor.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

the finales have definitely got less spectacular as time's gone on.

the first 3 season finales were good standalone eps, but got progressively bigger and bombier - although all three involved some nice heroics from mac.

s1 was pretty big in terms of the stories that had gone before it, but still not on the scale things are done now, but the diner scene from s1 finale is probably still my favourite mac scene ever, apart maybe from the doggy stuff in recycling - the part where he drops the dog is beyond adorable, the doggy id parade's really funny, and his looks of bafflement at these idiots are wonderful - contestant: "look at my dog! he's almost in tears!!"; mac: *wtf look* :)

s2 finale was definitely more ambitious, and had more of a lead in to s3, what with flack's injuries, and them asking how he was at the start of s3. s3 finale was another standalone but even more ambitious still, with a couple of scenes going on both with pretty major action, and it again impacted on s4, the peyton stuff, and the revamp of the lab after it blew up etc.

it was only after that they started declining i think - they started doing cliffhangers that led directly into the new season and i'm not sure that really worked as well. i like hostage/veritas but i confess that's mainly because they're two great mac eps, as overall group stories they weren't so good.

s5/6 finale/cliffhanger was, well, a tad underwhelming really, and the last one was worse.

i think too many hollywood types think cliffies are the way forward, i'm not so sure - i think there's a lot to be said for a good standalone ep - it can still have impact on the next season in some kind of carry over (like the stuff with flack & peyton) but i think the bigger punchy stuff doesn't work as well because waiting several months to watch what is essentially the 2nd half of the same scene (thinking of the bar shootout, we saw that scene frozen at the end of s5, then it kinda picked up where it left off, it was a little weird) doesn't work.

but y'know, some people like the big cliffhangers. i'd much rather see a decent, action packed, well written standalone tho. what you see is what you see, charge of this post and snow day were all *great* episodes. hostage and pay up were ok, and vacation getaway was unspeakable crap. there's definitely been a decline.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

You haven't watched season 3 finale 'Snow Day' yet? I don't want to spoil you but for me it's the best finale ever. 'Pay Up' is very close second.

Season 6 was good but compared to previous seasons, yeah it's kind of weak.

I hope we get at least to the 200th episode, which is about 50 more episodes from now. Fridays are really tough but NY is tougher! :D :thumbsup:

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

haha no, she keeps saying she will ;) :p

i do love snow day, it's a really good ep, apart from the DL nonsense in the middle, but meh, whatever, i can live with that, if it means i get gun toting injured badass mac under sprinklers :D :drool:

actually i still probably prefer what you see is what you see from all the season finales, i dunno, there's something kinda sweet about it as well as the action. i like seeing mac in his casual clothes, doing normal stuff for a change like having breakfast, instead of being in workaholic mode, i think that ep marked a big change in mac, for most of s1 he was definitely the workaholic and kind of morose and miserable (which, btw, i love!) but it was cute to see him lighten up a bit there. and i quite liked the way it went off into counterfeiting, at the time that was unexpected!

i also think charge of this post is underrated, i think it's a very good ep, it draws on mac's military background, it's a good team effort as opposed to one character standing out (even though mac's in the building with flack, the others get just as much input), it's a well put together ep as well, plenty going on, outside agencies, fast paced etc, but with a lovely little team moment at the end in the hospital.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

:lol: I actually love the balance of that episode - action, mystery, science and yeah DL.

I like this more than 'Hostage'. They were both Mac centric but I think 'What You See' is Mac centric at its best because Mac finally started to loosen up. Good start for him. I like the analogy to his necktie. The case is complex but not hard to follow. And I like Rose.

This is the very first episode I watched (repeat on cable) and instanty became a fan. Compelling episode, especially the last scene with Mac/Flack. At first I didn't mind that Mac/Danny played as a bomb tech. Then as I become familiar with the real nature of their job, it became kind of hard to accept.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

it did have a good balance, i liked that the team was really split up - with sid & peyton outside, flack & lindsay at the warehouse but outside, adam & danny in the warehouse, sheldon in the morgue and mac & stella in the lab, it made for some good dynamics. and there was some good science, i love how really the whole thing is kicked off by mac's knowledge that gas should explode. i also love when the guy shoots his friend by mistake and mac's hiding under the desk, it's pretty cool over all.

same, i quite like rose too, i wish they'd made more of that really. when they were talking i loved how totally awkward they both were, it was kind of cute. and yes, that whole season was nicely paralleled by the loosening of mac's tie!

i can totally understand that, it's definitely one of my favourites, it's so well put together and has good suspense and stuff. and altogether now "squeeze my hand!!!!":lol:

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah! :lol: They looked like two five-year-old kids having crush on each other!

Sorry Top41 and vegaslights, we're getting out of topic. I just love NY's finales! :)

The ratings will go up! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  11. Country233

haha that is next on my shopping list. They had season of CSI and NY at big lots today for $6 but they only had season 2 of NY. I keep thinking othe seasons will pop up.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

am i right in thinking you already have s2? i think 3 is probably the best one to go for next, it's not my personal favourite but s1 (which is!) is kind of an acquired taste, i know lots of people here didn't like it as much, because it's a lot darker etc. personally i loved that about it but it's something you either prefer or don't :)

13. Country233

Yes, I opted to buy s2 first, but will probably go for s3 then s1. Weird to watch them out of sequence i suppose lol

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i don't think so, i watched them out of sequence at first too. then i had a marathon and rewatched them in order. actually i've done that a few times. although not all at once, i didn't sit and watch 6 seasons in one go! just a few episodes at a time :)

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Last night's re-run of Blacklist brought 6.68 million viewers and a 1.2 in the 18/49 rating.