Season 5 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting--CSI: NY actually beat CSI: Miami this week in total viewers (12.47 vs. 11.98 million) and almost matched its demo (3.2/9 vs. 3.3/9). I think it's more that Miami is declining than NY is rising, but it is interesting that NY is holding steady while both CSI and Miami seem to be down.

2. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

Thanks Faylinn! :) Im lookin forward to see the ratings for tom's ep.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

There's a ratings delay, so we won't get the numbers for this week's episode of NY until tomorrow (Friday) morning.

ETA: Wait, PA, where did you find those ratings? :confused:

ETA2: They must be older ratings because Life on Mars is already over.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Never mind. I can't read. Those were from April. Oops. I deleted the message.

5. Top41

Meh, annoying that we have to wait so long! Nielsen seems to have had a major breakdown of some sort.

I wonder if the episode showing up online at CBS.com for several hours will affect the ratings. I think not, but I guess we'll see. I watched it live anyway--not that I count as I'm not a Nielsen family. But still--loyal viewer and all. :)

6. Faylinn

PI Feedback doesn't have the numbers up yet - I'll grab those (for consistency's sake) later on. But for now, here's the info that's on TV By the Numbers:

It's interesting that it went up about a million viewers from the last episode, but the 18-49 demo was pretty consistent. Either more people were watching TV that night than they were last week, or the Biggest Event must have drawn more people under 18 and/or over 49.

(This is, of course, just my interpretation of the ratings - I'm not an expert or anything. I could be wrong.)

These are the highest ratings since "Green Piece", which got 13.52 million and 3.5/10. Let's see if the ratings stay high for the final two episodes, or if this was another peak. Hopefully people came for the baby and will stay for, like, the rest of it. ;)

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  7. Top41

It's great to see NY doing so well! Its numbers are right on par with Miami and the original CSI I think (CSI has really dropped recently). Of the three, NY seems to be the only one that's improving/staying steady in the ratings. It's also a younger show, of course. I do think this does kind of prove the point that the wedding/baby ratings stunt paid off.

It's cool that the ep appearing online for a few hours didn't affect the ratings. I wish they'd do that every week. :p

8. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

i was about to post the numbers but you guys beat me up. :)
    its weird but i do care about the ratings more than anything else :p although CBS profits down on the first quarter... but its recession!

hope the rating will goes up maybe 14M to 15 on the last 2 episodes.

9. Faylinn

Haha - I've been curious what the ratings were, so I popped on as soon as I could to check. :p

Which is expected. But I hope the ratings can improve overall so that the average weekly ratings are more like the 'stunt' ratings. They can't have a different stunt every week.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, it would be nice to see people come for the stunt episodes and stay for the rest. :) Good ratings are always great to see, I really hope the season ends on a high.

11. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

hahaha! when i woke up this morning first thing in mind check the ratings. i and my sister had a bet on the ratings she said ratings will go up to a million coz of the d/l/baby drama and i bet only half a million and i lost my 500 bucks!! but im happy to see the ratings up.

i just hope they'll come up with consistent, flawless storylines next season to maintain good ratings. :)

cheers

12. Faylinn

Ok, PI Feedback finally posted the ratings - no commentary, just numbers. (They're the same, of course, but as I said before - for consistency's sake.)

5.23 "Greater Good":

13. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

*waiting for Faylinn's ratings updates* =)

14. Faylinn

Haha - mama went out for lunch. :p *goes to look*

Ouch, more than a million down from last week's baby drama. Your milkshake brought the viewers to the yard, but you didn't keep them around, NY.

5.24 "Grounds for Deception":

Lost was ahead in the 18-49 demo. (From PI Feedback)

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It'll be interesting to see what the finale does. If it does well because of the hype or if it does well because of the CSI lead-in. Or if it does badly because viewers don't realize it's on tonight or it does badly because people thought last night's episode was bad. I've looked at reviews in various places and this episode by far has the most bad fan reviews I can remember seeing for any NY episode ever.