Season 5 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The finale is going up against the two-hour Grey's Anatomy finale, which has been super-hyped, since a main character on that show has what looks to be a terminal brain tumor. I think NY could benefit by coming after CSI, but it also could suffer going against Grey's. My guess is it will do about the same as this episode did.

2. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

haha! thanks Faylinn. haiz, down again. NY ratings' like a ceesau, up and down....we'll see later in tonights finale.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'll be interested to see how it does. I thought the ratings for 524 were disappointing, so the same for the finale would be very disappointing end to the season.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I expected Grey's Anatomy to beat NY, but it's good that NY managed to keep it's typical numbers despite the extra competition.

5.25 "Pay Up":

From PI Feedback.

5. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

as expected, new york season finale didnt do well on last night ratings.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

They stayed steady so I think they did pretty well. Especially considering the finale aired on a different night against the Grey's finale.

7. Faylinn

Yeah, and the finale was up 700K from 5.24, so there was a decent increase in viewers despite the timeslot.

It makes you wonder what kind of numbers "Pay Up" would have gotten in its normal timeslot next Wednesday, but I guess we'll never know.

8. Top41

The 18-49 demo was low, but it was up against the freakin' Grey's Anatomy finale--possibly the most hyped finale of the season. I think it was a bad move to schedule NY against it, but I guess with that 2-hour CM finale they didn't have any other options. NY did pretty well, all things considered.

9. Faylinn

Up against Grey's and NY, Southland only got like 4.6 million viewers - so I'm not feeling too sad for NY right now. :p

10. Top41

I saw that--poor Southland. :(

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

OK, NY's ratings not too bad considering. :) I wonder if the cliffhanger will mean a good start for next season, ratings wise? I'm not sure it will.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

Considering the big hype about killing "one of NY finest",those numbers are not what you would expect for a finale.

13. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

NY's numbers aren't bad when you consider that it had switched nights almost at the last minute AND it went up against Grey's (which has been beating even the original CSI in the ratings lately). I was thinking the numbers would be lower than they were.

14. Faylinn

^^Yeah, it was on a different night, with different competition, but it still had higher numbers than the previous episode (which was on its normal night). So I don't think it's too bad. I wish they could have gotten a bigger bump for the finale, but looking at everything, it's not bad overall. (I also thought they might have less viewers because of the competition from Grey's.)