Season 5 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

It's nice to see the ratings back up. I hope it stays that way. :)

2. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

And the writers get the message, loud and clear, everyone loves DL. I can see where the next few seasons are going.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

5.18 "Point of No Return":

(From PI Feedback, as usual.)

I see we're back to pre-wedding numbers - they can't come up with a Big Event gimmick every week to get people to tune in, so they need to find another way to get the viewing numbers up and keep them that way. (On the positive side, at least this is proof that perhaps stunt casting isn't as hip and audience-grabbing as they're hoping for.)

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Maybe if they went back to actually telling good stories about real NYers it would help. :rolleyes:

5. Faylinn

Down slightly from last week:

5.19 "Communication Breakdown":

(From PI Feedback)

6. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

So the big spoiler hype didn't get more folks to tune in or stay tuned in.

Is there an episode next week? I can't find the trailer.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  7. Faylinn

No, next week is a repeat ("Sex, Lies and Silicone") - 5.20 airs on April 8, according to the episode guide (which goes off of the press releases).

8. Faylinn

We seem to be holding pretty steady (down a bit in total viewers, but up a bit in the 18-49 demo):

5.20 "Prey":

(From PI Feedback, as usual) I'm kind of surprised that the series premiere of The Unusuals (#2 with 6.84 million viewers and 2.2/ 6) didn't impact the NY viewership (or at least not much).

9. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Im happy to see that Csi Ny is keeping the steady Ratings this season:)

10. Faylinn

Ouch. Down half a million viewers from the previous episode - I can't help but wonder if part of that is due to the fact that the schedule got changed. (And I also wonder what the half-hour breakdown looked like, if people changed the channel because the episode was kind of boring.)

5.21 "The Past, Present and Murder":

(From PI Feedback as usual.)

11. Faylinn

It looks bad when your lead-in performs better than you. It looks even worse when the show does better than you in your timeslot.

"...an original installment of Criminal Minds (in place of the regularly scheduled CSI: NY) at a dominant 13.55 million viewers and a 3.5/10 in the demo at 10 p.m." (From PI Feedback)

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Ouch. Kinda makes me wonder if CBS was trying out CM to possibly move it to NY's timeslot, or consider something else in NY's timeslot next season. I've heard rumors that NY might move to Tuesday at 10pm--not sure if that's true or why the CM/CSI: NY pairing would be broken up, but it's certainly odd that a new ep of CM aired in NY's timeslot while a new ep of The Mentalist aired in Miami's this week.

13. Faylinn

It was a repeat of The Mentalist in Miami's spot on Monday (which isn't terribly important, but I just thought I'd point that out :p) - but it does seem like they might be contemplating a timeslot change for Miami and/or NY. I'm not sure why they'd move them after so long in the same place, but I guess we'll see.

If you're right about them putting NY Tuesdays at 10:00, I hope they aren't contemplating switching Miami and The Mentalist as well - because I'm pretty sure The Mentalist is on Tuesdays at 9:00. :wtf:

Although I suppose it's possible that they want to use the Criminal Minds lead-in to try to help a new series (or use it at 10:00 and air a new show before it or something - or an old show, who knows :lol:).

14. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

i just saw the numbers from nielsen ratings over at TVbytheNumbers CSI:NY's 12.47 million.

sorry cant post the whole details im just using my iphone at the moment :) if this is not a-ok please feel free to delete it. :)

15. Faylinn

Nope, it's definitely ok, under_cover - thanks for the heads up. :) For consistency's sake (so it's easy to locate the ratings in the thread) and to show the 18-49 demo, here's the info from PI Feedback:

5.22 "Yahrzeit":

It was a nice improvement over 5.21, but I still hope it picks up some more before the season ends. Maybe Marc Berman is right about airing the finale after CSI.