Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I haven't seen Danson on television in a number of years, but like most have already stated, with what I have seen of him, I'm willing to give him the chance. Yes, while Nick would have been the fan favorite and next in line for the supposed position, at least they started out on the right foot this time. A character coming in with "experience" to run the shift.

And because I have to.....It's interesting that they chose Portland as the city his character is transferring in from. Is this the same Portland that Wendy transferred to? *had to comment after reading Shane's interview with Liz earlier :p*

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, you actually made me laugh. Danny DeVito, now that could have been hilarious. :guffaw: Could you see him interrogating a suspect? It would be Louie Depalma (Taxi) all over again. :lol:

However, it would still be wrong.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I saw that too and wondered if he will bring news of Wendy to Hodges...better yet, bring her back with him.;)

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I still want to know why they feel they HAVE to have someone else anyway. Why don't they just give the other cast a chance to carry the show themselves?

And, no, they don't *have* to replace Marg...Nick could still step up when she leaves. I just hope she isn't being demoted, although it'd be more logical to have the new super come in when she leaves.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Hey, wouldn't that be something!...

;)

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Then you missed one of the best comedies on television, ever.

I can't imagine the Portland connection is a coincidence. Hopefully, they are leaving their options open, and we will get some references to Wendy. If nothing else, this should give Hodges someone to bond with. :lol: I'm sure he'll want details.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I like Ted Danson. He was one of the people I thought of, but I thought he was still a regular on Damages, so I didn't think he'd be available. I still think they should have at least offered it to Richard Dean Anderson though lol.

I do NOT like that he's gonna be Supervisor. Unless they say Ecklie's too busy as undersheriff to be lab director too and they promote Cath to lab director (or its after she leaves) and then say Nick doesn't want to be Supervisor yet, but will remain Assistant Supervisor. I think that's how they will play it. They will offer it to him, but he will say he'd rather just stay assistant supervisor for the time being. So, they bring in someone else.

LOL, yeah, that's true.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

From Variety:

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

So Marg is sticking around more than we thought she was? That's what that almost implies. I'm so confused. :lol:

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Some are wondering, Ted Danson will appear in the Season Premiere episode.

Here's the link

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

To each ones own on "comedies", what one person thinks is funny,:lol: another doesn't. I caught snippets of it, and he so turned me off, that I refused to watch it and didn't like Alley either, but the rest I did. I liked Kelsey Grammar and loved "Fraiser", one of the funniest shows ever, again my opinion. I also loved "The King Of Queens", and "Seinfeld" a classic & others just don't care for him, as some didn't care for LF, go figure:(

And we still don't know who's signed on yet, the rest of the cast I mean~

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

So are Norm and Cliff going to be lab flies instead of bar flies.

I can see Norm barging into the lab.

Norm: Afternoon folks

Nick, Greg, Sara and Catherine all together: Norm!

Ted Danson's character : What's going down, Norm?

Norm: My blood alcohol level.
    :lol:

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Yeah, definitely want to know that soon darnit! :scream: I hope they all do.

Interesting news about Danson. I haven't seen him in anything since Cheers (unless you count the Becker promo I just watched on imdb :lol:). Didn't mind him in Cheers, and he definitely brings more TV experience and a lighter mood (hopefully), so I'll join the "willing to give him a chance" group. :)

I do hope that Catherine moves to a different position, rather than being demoted. Ray should go down for what he did, but the rest of the team shouldn't get dragged down too. :(

With Danson and Harnois, is that it for new actors this season?

14. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Oh great news! :rolleyes: This is exactly how we all wanted it to be! :rolleyes: Bring in a new Lead and shove the others into the back, who wants to see them anyway?! :rolleyes:

It's unbelievable... I mean really...

I don't know this Danson guy and even if he IS a good actor, what does it matter when we still don't get what we want to see? (I'm not speaking here for all of us, but the few people who think like me ;)). I mean Fishburne was a good actor and what did it bring? It brought us the Ray-Show... because he is a NAME out there and had to be the focus in nearly every episode he was on.
    This won't change with Danson...

I have to say it was at least clever enough of them to bring Danson's character in as an already experienced CSI... won't make it too hard for us to understand why he finds all the clues and solves all the cases while our original cast sits there and looks stupid.

I sure was hoping Nick would be the new supervisor (I'm a Nick(y)Fan!!! :D) but that he won't be now isn't even what is bothering me the most... what really bothers me is that there will be no credit for George and his work for the show all over the years :( I agree with Speedy and say that he won't get to carry the show... not now and not ever. Should Catherine leave they have no choice but to bring in a new female character and make her the second face of the show besides Danson. I can't imagine George and Danson being the show's faces... they wouldn't do that.

Now I just hope George comes back... we should get the news soon, shouldn't we? :shifty:

But no matter how it will be with Danson on the show... it can't get worse than it was with the Ray/Haskell-Show now, can it? ;)

I think it would be logical to bring in Danson's character as a supervisor instead of Cath... as a result of the Haskell disaster... and well if they handle it at least a little realistic Cath should be demoted, since she would me made responsible for the fiasko :( I hope not... but I wouldn't be surprised if it would be like this :( And now that they say that Marg will stick around a new position for her wouldn't make much sense... she would get better screentime as a normal CSI than sitting on her desk the whole time... and then I really wouldn't like her to be lab director with no chance of getting out of the building and to do what we know she can, working crime scenes :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  15. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Well, well... Ted Danson.... :cool:
    Just like the rest of the world I know him especially because of Cheers, I've seen him once in a tv drama... I would say... an interesting choice..

hahaha... my first thoughts exactly after reading the new one transferred from Portland...

Agree on this one also... I can't imagine either they choose Portland randomly, while there are so many places to chose from...Unless they (tptb) already have forgotten they transferred someone from Vegas to Portland :shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.