Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

There may be other reasons for TPTB dumping Liz V. Maybe both cost-cutting and making an example for the rest of the cast. Could be her agent was asking for a bigger raise for Liz because of her slightly more prominent role with the romance and TPTB responded with a quick "Take a hike". This is the way they acted when they thought George E. and Jorja F. were angling for more of the profits. :klingon:
    Starting a new young actress at entry level would save them salary money. Happens in business all the time. :rolleyes:
    LaSquisita

2. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Ha ha! Hey, in the TV business, anything's possible!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: Or that tv writers (and movie writers too) in general were all kidnapped/replaced by space aliens (just like Santa Claus was in Santa Claus Conquers The Martians). :lol:

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

or maybe they didn't know what else to do with Wedges?

5. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Has anyone read about the new lab tech yet? I can't help but feel like this is just one big way to let Nick finally have a life outside of the lab. I mean seriously...how does a explosives tech match up to a DNA tech? Who's doing DNA next season? Why is there the need for an explosives tech? Seriously, TPTB. I can't handle anymore new members to the cast for next season. I can barely handle Langie nonetheless another new kid on the block. This is so...weird of a decision.

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I agree with you about the explosives expert AFIS.That's the stupidest decision ever.

And now what?We're going to have explosions in most of the episodes? :confused:
    What are they thinking?:cardie:

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wasn't it Zuiker who said the premiere was going to be 'explosive'? I guess we know we can now take that literally.

I'm going to reserve judgment til I see what they come up with. Often times their ideas change, and the writer of the article may have used some of his own interpretations in what he said. And maybe she'll be gone in 4 episodes. :rolleyes: But, if she does stick around, and if she is possibly a love interest for someone, I sincerely hope it is for Greg. At least by her character's description, it sounds like a better match.

Still waiting anxiously to hear something about Jorja. If she's not returning, I'm not sure I'll care about any of this other stuff. With CBS's recent shenanigans, my mantra has become, 'No Jorja, no CBS'.

8. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I personally think we need to reserve judgment until the premiere. Some of us are already writing it off because they got rid of Wendy. I think that maybe having some new blood in CSI wouldn't be a bad thing (although I love Wendy and wedges). I mean Raymond was such a huge success, that maybe CSI wants to try a little new blood this season.

Don't knock it tell you try it

9. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I don't mind new blood being added to the series but let's be realistic. Langston is still a work in progress in terms of characterization/positive fan response so TPTB decides to add a new character? Why not focus on the characters that we already have? It's just not a great decision on their part. I would've supported Riley or even Sofia coming back to the show but not some young thing that likes fire/blowing things up. It just doesn't make any sense.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I totally agree with your comments Gsriscool there's lots of negativity, & it really doesn't accomplish or change anything. CSI has been through other stars that have come and gone, to many to mention and it still survives. I liked Wendy too, but we don't know what TPTB have in mind. If they already are talking about a "new lab tech" in the same sentence with Nick, then that sounds like a go for him. Also fans who threaten to leave well, there's upwards of 15 million fans who watch, so if a few don't watch, in the big picture, I don't think the writers/CBS are really sweating this aspect of the fan base. I like the direction that the show has taken and as Grissom said "nothing stays the same" Also many fans might like an insight into the personal lives of the team it worked for GSR, and as the poster above stated "don't knock it till you try it" Everything will be fantastic:bolian:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  11. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

You know, they've gone for ten seasons without delving too much into the characters' personal lives, and that's why it worked so well. It focussed on the forensics. If they're going to change that and start showing love affairs and the like, it's going to end up like every other show out there, you know?

Although I do still want to see Nana and Papa Olaf. ;)

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The negativity is more because of the superficial description of the new lab tech more than anything else. If that is the network's or the show-runners' official description of the character, it really sounds like they see women as nothing but sex objects... and as a woman, I can't help but take offense to that. Why does the phrase "smokin' hot" or something similar always end up in these casting calls? Why can't it just say, "the character is a(n) attractive/gorgeous/beautiful, intelligent explosives expert". That sounds much better than "smokin' hot".

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think it's easy for everyone to get carried away when we get tiny tidbits of news like this precisely because we're all such big fans and so emotionally invested in the characters and the show. Not a bad thing. :) But let's not make ourselves sick with worry over it until we see how it plays out.

That said, today I opened my email on my phone to find a Google news alert for "George Eads" AND a PM alert from Talk and it scared the hell out of me! :lol: I thought, "Oh no!!! They've announced that he's not coming back!!" :lol:

So...I need to take my own advice (above). ;)

14. electra

electra Pathologist

The description of the new tech sounds superficial.CSI characters are so complex and interesting that this sounds as a let down.But I am going to wait and see.As long as they keep the focus on forensics and Nick gets character development,I will be a happy fan.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The term "smokin' hot" does sound a bit like a 13-yr old boy describing a girl, so I don't know why they used that term, maybe to draw in teenage boys. We just have to wait and see, and what one thinks is "smokin' hot" another might not:confused:BTW on another subject, when is George getting married? Could this be why there's a delay on news about him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.