Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was I was thinking. What if she young? I hope not, I hope she is in her early 30 or late 30, but I got a feeling, she will be in her 20.

Dizzney, Her name is Melina, not Melinda. She has no d in her name.

Um... Liz IS young and beautiful. What is the need to replace her with a smokin hot young chick? That's just ignorant because they already had a hot young chick with Wendy. My dad said he didn't really notice Wendy all that much until the Star Trek ep when she was in that one little outfit and he said he was like "Woah!" So, they could have kept Liz and put her in sexier outfits to fill their bloody quota instead of axing her and replacing her with someone else. It's ridiculous!

If Nick has a girlfriend, I want it to be someone HIS OWN AGE or close enough to it. I don't want him dating some twenty-something who is young enough to have just been born when he graduated high school/college!

I hate to say it, but this chick already sounds like the ultimate Mary-Sue, just by the description.

Have these people forgotten that the majority of CSI viewers are FEMALE?

Agree on this.... talking about age discrimination :rolleyes:
All the cliché's are forfilling themselves... more of the same...
underestimating their audience... not daring to make a statement...

It's still early, I didn't finished my first coffee.... I'm definitely not pleased with the news .....:shifty:
Let's see what today's day will deliver in the newsdepartement.... it seems there's an official announcement every day now.....

Ugh...

When I first read about the new lab tech, the first person that sprang to mind was 'laser girl' from Longball in season 10.

If they are not bringing in a new DNA tech, does that mean Greg will be back in the lab again?

If George does not come back (PLEASE don't make THAT mistake, TPTB)will they still bring in this 'young, attractive explosives expert'? And wouldn't it be nice for them to respect Nick (and his fans) enough to give him a woman who will challenge his brain and not just his...cheerleader fetish? I don't want to see him chasing some young thing...he deserves an equal partner, not merely a play partner.

I have a bad feeling about this...

This seriously pisses me off. What the hell was wrong with Liz? :scream: I generally try to avoid the sexism talk (what with me being a guy swimming in the estrogen ocean that is this forum), but I agree that this is just ridiculous. Is it so wrong to have a woman who is at least in her mid-30's hook up with Nick? What demographic are they trying to appeal to? I'm a twenty-four year old male and even I am turned off by this.

I'm happy that Marg and Eric are coming back, but at this rate I'm going to join those planning to stop watching.

Jeez... a replacement Wendy. :scream::wtf: And she's 'younger and sexier'. How does that make Liz feel? :(

Jeez... a replacement Wendy. :scream::wtf: And she's 'younger and sexier'. How does that make Liz feel? :(

I would have to agree PC. If it were me? I'd consider it a slap in the face.
And I have a feeling that this new character won't be welcomed with an open mind from most of the loyal viewers (even though it pains me to say that we need to keep an open mind in regards to this new development).

But everyone's pretty much summed up how I feel about this whole attempt at the 'New Creative Direction' for CSI...now I must step back and collect my thoughts before I say something I shouldn't :lol:

Had this real nice post all typed in last night and my computer booted me offline 6 times! :wtf: Needless to say it's 7 hours later and I don't remember most of it. :(

What's their (as in TPTB) interpretation of "young smokin-hot explosive expert"? Having seen the way things put in the media last season came out on screen - or didn't as the case usually was - I'm curious. I'm not particulary worried because if George doesn't sign I got nothing to worry about. :)

The part that worry's me is the "nothing official to report" part. They should start filming any day now. The writers got 4 or 5 scripts written. They've got to know who's there now, or they're going to be paying the writers to be rewriting a some scripts. With Melina (I'm not going to attempt to butcher her last name! :alienblush:) announcing 1 day that she's not coming back and less than 24 hours later her replacement being announced makes me think they know who's coming back and who isn't - they just don't have the replacements yet! :( :(

If George does not come back (PLEASE don't make THAT mistake, TPTB)
As a George Eads fan I won't consider it a mistake. I'll consider it George getting off what may just become a sinking ship. I also won't expect Billy Petersen back as he was always saying that CSI was about the science and it isn't sounding like they're thinking that these days.

Susan

I remember this same thing happened last year in the summer, certain things came out, about Nick having a girlfriend and people being upset about other things that they said would happen and none of that actually ended up happening. Last season ended up being a pretty good season after all the worry in the preseason.

I, for one, will not judge until I start seeing the episodes, everything for now is hearsay.

a young explosives expert makes me think CSI is going to start having explosions in every episode. i don't know who wants to watch that kind of crap, seriously. and i completely agree with everyone who is saying that substituting Wendy with some young, hot, cool (read: boring, one-dimensional) character is a terrible move.

that's just to give my 2 cents, since i'm not gonna be watching it anyways. except when/if WP is back, of course.

ETA: how interesting would it be if a new labtech was not very pretty, a bit older (like 40), and had a massive crush on Brass for instance. lol. and to be clear, i don't have to identify with the characters to find them entertaining (i'm 23).

Last edited:
A little more from tvguide:

"As CSI goes into its 11th season without actress Liz Vassey (Wendy), who was dropped from the cast, the show is searching for a new female named Kacey Monohan. In her 20's, Kacey is a bomb expert who becomes the team's new tech. It looks like she'll team with Nick, which means George Eads must have worked out a deal to return to the series for his 11th year. Apparently, Kacey has been setting off bombs herself since she was a girl, which has earned her some nicknames the team will no doubt have fun with."

A little more from tvguide:

"As CSI goes into its 11th season without actress Liz Vassey (Wendy), who was dropped from the cast, the show is searching for a new female named Kacey Monohan. In her 20's, Kacey is a bomb expert who becomes the team's new tech. It looks like she'll team with Nick, which means George Eads must have worked out a deal to return to the series for his 11th year. Apparently, Kacey has been setting off bombs herself since she was a girl, which has earned her some nicknames the team will no doubt have fun with."

That actually doesn't sound quite as bad, somehow. Makes it sound like a mentoring role - which is exactly what you'd expect the assistant supervisor to be doing.

Though I'm not sold on the merits of NEEDING an explosives expert. As I've said before, if I wanted to watch an action show with lots of explosions, guns AND procedural details, I'll watch NCIS. They do it rather better and without actually straining credibility (well, much...!)

I guess you don't have to be very old to be an expert in Vegas. Considering how long it took some people to leave the CSI Level 1 grade, this girl must have been making pipe bombs before she could speak.
Do we really need more additions to an already bloated cast?

It does sound like a mentoring role, but I'm still ticked about how they felt the need to replace Liz with someone "young and smokin' hot" when Liz wasn't that old to begin with, not to mention Liz is beautiful and the majority of viewers liked her. But if this Kacy chick isn't a character that the viewers like in the majority, the viewers will complain and I'm sure she'll go the way of other techs the spin-offs have tried like Haylen Becall (NY, this past season) and Sammantha (don't know her last name- from Miami a while back).

An explosives expert would be more suited for Miami. We don't need to see explosions every season. It's getting rather annoying on Miami as it is. I don't want to have to see a bunch of explosions on Vegas too. :sigh:

Last edited:
A 'young, smokin' hot' new explosives tech? WTF? What are they thinking? I don't want any brand spanking new techs, what happened to the golden oldies, Bobby, Mandy, Archie?! Want old techies :p

Besides, didn't a certain Greg used to make 'little' bombs when he was younger, why can't he be the bomb expert?:)

Getting pretty paranoid about this new tech...

This all sounds extremely strange. For a start, how many explosions have there been in the last ten season at crime scenes? Five maybe? But each time the gang have analysed them themselves perfectly well. Why would they need an explosives tech all of a sudden? The only reason I can think of is that something explodes big-time in the season opener, and they need an 'expert' to help, who then decides to stay. It's also possible that TPTB had the storyline for season 11 (maybe it's one of these arc things) but couldn't afford an extra character to fit in with it, so had to let someone go in order to accommodate a new hiring...

But I agree with Praetor - how must that make Liz feel, to be replaced by some piece of eye-candy? Sheesh.

You know, they already tried to bring in a new female cast member in Lauren Lee Smith. She was young and pretty, too. And look how that worked out - ditched after one season.

Last edited:
This all sounds extremely strange. For a start, how many explosions have there been in the last ten season at crime scenes? Five maybe? But each time the gang have analysed them themselves perfectly well. Why would they need an explosives tech all of a sudden? The only reason I can think of is that something explodes big-time in the season opener, and they need an 'expert' to help, who then decides to stay. It's also possible that TPTB had the storyline for season 11 (maybe it's one of these arc things) but couldn't afford an extra character to fit in with it, so had to let someone go in order to accommodate a new hiring...

Well, it's a lot saner than my theory that the writers had been kidnapped and replaced by the action movie people who only wanted big bangs and pretty woman.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back