Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I agree. A rational Ray would never react in that way, BUT this is 'what if land', right? Everyone here is throwing out possible scenarios, because we know that tptb and the writers often like to have the characters act 'out of character'.

Ray, as many of us here admit, is very laid back and methodical in his actions. I wonder how much of that is his conscious effort to retain control due to his 'gene'? If he was put into a scene where a man who 1) is a recognized serial killer, 2) tried to kill him once before, 3) puts someone he loves into danger, and 4) would love to see him lose that famous self control, I think Ray could definitely 'go to the dark side', at least momentarily. I think Haskell would give his own life to get that reaction from Ray. Just saying......

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't know if Nick actually did shoot someone, but he was ready to shoot McKean until Brass talked him down. And the departed ones have done things too...Grissom was yelling at Natalie trying to pry info about Sara out of her, Warrick raged a few times. A Little Murder comes to mind, his jumping on the uniform for endangering Cath. And Cath's memorable blow up to me was Lady Heather's Box, that chick of Eddie's complaining about Lindsey. Cath went into mama bear mode real fast.

I think it's a common thread among all the shows, although I'm not a big Miami follower. I can name several NY characters who've done the same stuff...Mac and Stella both have lists of blow-ups, Flack, Danny,Hawkes, Aiden...probably Lindsay too but IDK. Jo only doesn't because she's so new. think it's a part of the job, really. Things happen that get under their skin and they have every right to blow up sometimes. I think Ray could well blow up at Haskell, considering his response to the kidney bean mail. I just hope that if they have it out, it's done properly...I'd rather he shoot Haskell in self defense than flip out and kill him when it wasn't necessary and commit career suicide. Which is probably a requirement if he's staying on the show lol

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Nick shot and killed Jekyl. And he (with others) shot and killed Jason as well as his brother.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Nicky's gotta gun..the whole world's on the run..:guffaw:

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Nick shot the ground next to McKeen, before Brass even got there. He hadn't actually shot anyone until Jekyll and the McCanns.

It would be interesting to see Ray's obsession with Haskell (and Haskell's tormenting of Ray) drive him to extremes. It would be an interesting way to write the character out, since a lot of other leave-takings have already been done (burn-out, death, etc). We did already get an idea of how obsessed Ray can become, with his hunting of Jekyll (to the point of being almost-suspended from work).

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Umm, actually Brass did not talk Nick down from shooting McKean. Brass wasn't even around when Nick shot his gun. Nick made the decision not to shoot McKean on his own.

As for Ray being all those things, Desertwind, it's the 'quiet, nice ones' you have to watch out for. How many times have heard from neighbors or friends 'I'm shocked he murdered someone', 'he was so nice', ' he was really quiet', 'no problem at all', etc. etc. You've described the perfect person to commit murder. :p

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's Smokey How could I forget that scene:confused: 11 years it's hard to remember all of the scenes, but that was paramount. I dropped the ball on that one. And on Ray he's quiet, reserved, but has shown his temper numerous times, when the writers had him show this side of his personality, so he's not always the "quiet one", but is with his team members:cool:

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

New episodes start on March 10. And we have a title change!

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

In a way, I hope they don't go this route, because the "vigilante forensic employee" angle has already been done so well by "Dexter" . . . so it will feel highly derivative.

Yet I can just see Ray standing over Haskell -- a la Dexter Gordon -- saying, "I'm a surgeon, so I know how to make you suffer long and hard. And I'm a CSI, so no one but the two of us will ever know what happened here."

I agree with those who say that the quiet ones are the ones to watch out for. Someone in my family once said as much to me . . . sadly, with some personal experience to back it up.

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yay!! New ep!!!! :hugegrin:

Nice to see Vartann and Ecklie

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Interview with George Eads :)

Not a lot of spoilers but it says he'll deliver a baby in ep 19

13. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

For Ray to be so "quiet", he sure does talk an awful lot.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I meant he speaks in a low/soft "quiet" tone, doesn't scream or yell:scream:, like some do~

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Normally, seeing Dina Meyer's name as a guest star would send me into loud fangirl squees and giddy excitement - however, I'm reminded that this is CSI, and they usually waste the performances of guest actresses. Anyone remember that she was on before? No? Of course not, it was a bit part and totally wasted her talent. Am I bitter? Uh, yeah.:devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.