Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind that they're continuing to reference Grissom- it's kind of inevitable since he was such an iconic character. What bugs me is that they've decided to do so with something that definitely sounds like soap opera fodder- husband's wife tussles with husband's parent, never seen that before in all those shows my mum watches :rolleyes:

I watch the show for the crime drama and my favourite characters, not for the romantic relationship troubles!

I think we should wait with evaluating the episode until we see it. I remember everyone hating on that bomb girl when they kicked out Liz, and it turned out she was on the show for like 1 minute. To me the description right now sounds a bit like a fanfic which, considering that it would be a fanfic I'd love to read, makes me giddy with excitement. :D

Count me as being still skeptical that this isn't a foiler. Remember how everyone got excited a couple of seasons ago about the alleged Nick-centric episode? (I think it was titled "Stokes On Duty.") There were a lot of bad feelings, particularly Ray bashing, stirred when the episode never happened. That said, can you imagine a scene between Hodges and Grissom's mom?:lol:

I'm pretty sure that if TPTB knew they'd killed Grissom's mum off, they wouldn't have written her into an episode. I know they've made mistakes before, but that's kind of a blatant one.

Yes the would! Changing Nick's birthday was a blatant one.

Have tptb not realized that GSR is what ruined this show in the first place? :rolleyes: Nope, guess not!

If they were going to do a storyline like this then it should have been with one of the other regular cast.

It's utter ridiculous. :scream:

Well, it's a risk to do an episode like this, b/c obviously there will be people who won't like it, but I think it's about time we get some GSR resolution of the current situation. Like it or not, GSR is still a small part of this show as long as Sara is there. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

My first thought is to wonder if they'd put William Petersen in drag to play Mrs Grissom. (my mind is a scary scary place sometimes ;-)

Well, it's a risk to do an episode like this, b/c obviously there will be people who won't like it, but I think it's about time we get some GSR resolution of the current situation. Like it or not, GSR is still a small part of this show as long as Sara is there. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

We've had more than enough of GSR. :rolleyes: It's time to end it and I won't be surprised if this is one of the lowest rated shows of the season.

Cloris Leachman - now that would be damn funny. :guffaw::guffaw: Of course, it would be better if we so Grissom with his mother (especially if Leachman played her :guffaw:)

Maybe the epi could work as a comedy, instead of a drama that week. Couldn't you just see Hodges trying to eke some information from Cloris about Grissom's formative years?

No, I don't want them to play the episode as a comedy. I see a chance for Jorja to really shine and show her acting chops, and I'd prefer that they'd go after a well-known dramatic actress like Ellen Burstyn or Gena Rowlands to play Grissom's mother. Mary Tyler Moore wouldn't be a bad option either.

I think we should wait with evaluating the episode until we see it. I remember everyone hating on that bomb girl when they kicked out Liz, and it turned out she was on the show for like 1 minute. To me the description right now sounds a bit like a fanfic which, considering that it would be a fanfic I'd love to read, makes me giddy with excitement. :D

I still think it's all weird.

This could be a great opportunity to introduce a new female character. Mama Grissom turns out to be the real brains in the family and becomes a mentor to the team. Smarter than Langston, she would work mostly behind the scenes, like Charley in Charley's Angels. ;)
This would help to restore the gender balance after Marg leaves the show.
LaSquisita

I guess something that bugs me about the episode is that it's so centered around Grissom and 1) He's not going to be there and 2) He's not on the show anymore and he has been gone for a while now. Maybe the characters that are IN the show should be the ones getting the storylines... IDK just saying.
You're getting carried away - there is no indication that Grissom himself is going to be in the episode. Sara is IN the show, is she not?

Yes Sara is on the show still but this revolves around Gil's mom, Gil's ex-girlfriend, and Gil's wife. That's a lot of Gil for him not being there IMO. I don't mind that he is referenced, in fact I enjoy it. But this is a tad more than being referenced. I'll still watch because I don't like to miss episodes but I think it's an unnecessary storyline and the episode could have been given to someone else. Plus it sounds way soapy.

OMG I miss two days and I can't believe what I came back to! lol I cannot wait for this episode! I was so thankful for all the Grissom comments here and there, maybe his mom could explain why. Tho it's a bit confusing...this would seem like a comedic episode but I would like it to be dramatic so we could see Jorja's serious side. All the suggestions for Grissom's mom :) I would have to say..........whoever said Mary Tyler Moore that'd be goooood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back