Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brass's mom:lol: lordie how old would she be? Thats where Betty White could come into the mix. We have seen Nick's & Cath's and I would like to see Sara's mom to. I believe that when she left the first time, she went up to San Francisco to visit her as Grissom told Brass. She did really have a colorful back story, and it would give Jorja Fox some great acting abilities to see this happen. And Greggies mom, he's an only child so that would be neat to see her. [and BTW what the H happened to his book] Anyway we have to wait and see what they've got up their proverbial sleeves, on this story:confused:

And Greggies mom, he's an only child so that would be neat to see her. [and BTW what the H happened to his book]

I believe that in one episode he hinted that the book wasn't picked up after he skipped the publishers meetings (I'm not sure, I'll have to rewatch S8 and 9) which basically means they've dropped the storyline and aren't planning to pick it up anytime soon. Like they did when they were hinting at him getting a new job :shifty:

I'd love to see more of Greg's family; so far we've had hints that his father sails, his mother is overprotective and his Papa Olaf is eccentric. IMO I prefer showing to telling.

Brass' mom? Why not? :lol: Or any member of his family aside from Ellie. Someone with nice positive thing to offer. I would like to know where Brass got those witty and funny jokes! :thumbsup: And yeah Greg's Papa Olaf too!

(Maybe it's just me but I would love to see Paul Guilfoyle in a comedy show after his CSI. How about in $#^! My Dad Says. I always thought he can play Ed's [the Dad] brother.)

I don't want them to show a family member just for the sake of showing a family member. If they live in the city (or workin' the city), great - that's understandable for them to show up (Catherine's family, Tina Brown, Ellie). If they arrive because their son happens to be buried alive, also understandable. But to just have family members show up and somehow get involved in a case? I find that hard to swallow (Ellie being the exception).

Don't get me wrong, if they're important to a character arc then great. Tina had nothing to do with cases but she was important to the development of Warrick. The same with Cath's family (Sam not withstanding). If they want to show Ray's wife, Greg's parents or Sara's mother, it would be nice if it were because of development happening in their character arc, not them just showing up in Vegas for whatever and suddenly happen to fall into a case.

Which brings me to Grissom's mom and ex. It feels incredibly contrived. Not once have we heard that his mother lives in Vegas. The belief that she was dead was partly fueled by the fact that Grissom never ever referenced her in terms of his private life except in past tense. Now she's involved in a case involving her son's former love (whom she just happens to adore) that is being investigated by her son's wife? Really? :wtf: :rolleyes:

I wonder if there is a connection between Grissom being mentioned so often this season, this new spoiler and the report at the beginning of the season that JF had supposedly only signed on for 11 episodes and would decide in January if she would stay or leave? Maybe this is a way to send off Sara with a big story line.

That's a good point Frosch i'd forgotten about the 11 episodes thing, if jorja appears in episodes 10,11,12 and 13 then 'The Two Grissoms' episode would be her 10th this season.

I wonder if there is a connection between Grissom being mentioned so often this season, this new spoiler and the report at the beginning of the season that JF had supposedly only signed on for 11 episodes and would decide in January if she would stay or leave? Maybe this is a way to send off Sara with a big story line.

That's an idea :)

Let's see JF has been in Shock Waves, Pool Shark, Blood Moon, House of Hoarders, Bump and Grind, and Wild Life, that's 6 episodes (I think that's all of them) , 7 if she's in 418/427 next month

Maybe she'll leave for what is it February or March Sweeps?

How many "send offs" is Sara going to get? Her first one even resulted in a DVD extra saying goodbye to her. If they send her off this time, they'd be wise to do it without much ado, since she'll probably come back again.

This is why I hope Marg leaves for good. I hate to see her and Catherine go, but please stop toying with us, PTB. Let those who want to leave....leave. Then forget the past (including both Mrs. Grissoms) and work with what you have to keep CSI great.

How many "send offs" is Sara going to get? Her first one even resulted in a DVD extra saying goodbye to her. If they send her off this time, they'd be wise to do it without much ado, since she'll probably come back again.

This is why I hope Marg leaves for good. I hate to see her and Catherine go, but please stop toying with us, PTB. Let those who want to leave....leave. Then forget the past (including both Mrs. Grissoms) and work with what you have to keep CSI great.

I have this wonderful image of a really understated Sara exit:

*sara walking out the lab* "bye guys, i'm really leaving this time"

*everyone waving absently over their shoulder's* "sure you are Sara, see you next season"

I have this wonderful image of a really understated Sara exit:

*sara walking out the lab* "bye guys, i'm really leaving this time"

*everyone waving absently over their shoulder's* "sure you are Sara, see you next season"

:lol:

I'm wondering if the opposite is true; this episode, and Mama Grissom, could be used as a means to explain Sara and Grissom's living arrangement, and give us some plausible explanation so that Sara can stay on with the lab, and Jorja can remain a regular. At least that's what I'm hoping for. :)
I wouldn't be surprised if they work something out for Marg as well, though not as a regular but as a recurring character. Since she is in fewer episodes this season, they'll have to have some explanation for that as the season progresses.
I'm still not convinced this spoiler is completely true; but when they announce the actress who will play Grissom's mother, then I'll get more excited. :hugegrin:

I'm still wondering why on earth this is even happening:confused: Sara the character seems so calm, relaxed and happy now. Why mess this up? On Grissom's ex. whoever it is, seems such a waste of time and effort. I'd really rather see one of the cast now's moms, dads, sisters, brothers etc. If in fact this does happen I think with Ray losing his dad, and Sara losing her's, he'd be the perfect person to comfort, listen and be the sounding board for her and her issues with this, to me fiasco. He's a very compassionate, kind, considerate guy, and respects her as his team mate. They've collaborated many times on many cases. I wonder when we'll find out who this is? And on recurring returnee's that's show-biz for ya'. If the $$$ is right, then the part is right. And how many times has Grissom really been mentioned maybe 3? And unconventional is one thing, but this long distance "marriage' is way beoynd that. Ridiculous is the word that comes to mind, to me:rolleyes:

I'm still wondering why on earth this is even happening:confused: Sara the character seems so calm, relaxed and happy now. Why mess this up? On Grissom's ex. whoever it is, seems such a waste of time and effort. I'd really rather see one of the cast now's moms, dads, sisters, brothers etc. If in fact this does happen I think with Ray losing his dad, and Sara losing her's, he'd be the perfect person to comfort, listen and be the sounding board for her and her issues with this, to me fiasco. He's a very compassionate, kind, considerate guy, and respects her as his team mate. They've collaborated many times on many cases. I wonder when we'll find out who this is? And on recurring returnee's that's show-biz for ya'. If the $$$ is right, then the part is right. And how many times has Grissom really been mentioned maybe 3? And unconventional is one thing, but this long distance "marriage' is way beoynd that. Ridiculous is the word that comes to mind, to me:rolleyes:
Lord, I hope you are not implying that Ray is the reason Sara is happy and relaxed?! I am pretty certain she returned to LV already in that state and before she had ever met Langtston:eek:
I love how you constantly go on about how Grissom and Sara's long distance marriage is supposedly ridiculous but for some reason Ray and his wife's, is not:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back