Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda like Hodges out in the field. It gives him a whole new venue to complain about. :p

Conversely, I seem to prefer Langston in the lab. I like his back and forth with Doc Robbins. Watching them together tonight I had the thought that if Doc ever decides to retire, Langston would be a great replacement. He has all the necessary medical knowledge and degrees.

On a side note, I was sorta hoping for a follow-up of the 'man date' discussion from last week. :lol:

And I think Hodges would be great in the field. Just go ahead and make him a CSI already. :)

Well.. that would be a kind of interesting..:cool:.. I like the character Hodges ( on a more schoolgirl level... I also think he's cute).. so the more screentime, the better... Imho ofcourse ;)

I agree though with what is written about his characterisation.. they have to do some brilliant writing to get away with him being more in the field.. but then again..people do develop during their professional life..so he could have seen the light regarding field work :p

But is it really that bad that the guy is out in the field a little more often as of late? Just wondering, that's all. It was explained in 'Cold Blooded' when he was really interested in the whole dinosaur bit...it was explained in 'Bump and Grind' when he said he needed something to keep his mind from thinking of Wendy. Remember, he has been venturing out of the lab, reluctantly, since season 6.

Indeed so far the reasoning for Hodges being in the field has been believable...

I actually don't have a problem with him in the field either. While it is unusual, given his characterization and all, it seems that tptb are attempting to show more techs in the field. It's a bummer though that they a picked a season where we're almost rat-free. :(

Again I agree.... the lack of lab rats is almost annoying... I don't know if it has already been mentioned somewhere... but where is Mandy?

Well now I'm completely biased in sayng I'd prefer to see a certain other rat in the field instead :lol:

Truthfully I haven't been enjoying Hodges character as of late, and I often blame it on his back and forthing between lab and field (which up until now had clashed with his characterisation as Praetor said) or his relationship with Wendy, and since they're pretty much interconnected now I'm just dealing out the complaints one after the other :p

I wonder if tptb have a profile of every character.. and if so if they care to write the characters in accordance with what they have invent in the first place...Shouldn't there be someone who is responsible for some logic in the episodes... a continuity controller (or something in that side)...

I have noticed that since they got rid of Wendy, Greg has been doing some of the DNA stuff again, which I figured was going to happen.

I think it would be a mistake if they moved Hodges completely out of the lab. Only because we would be losing the one full time regular who is a lab tech. Then I fear the show will become all about the field work and hardly get any lab scenes. It already has moved away from a lot of lab work and showing more "cop" like work. That is something I miss about the old days when they showed everyone doing things in the lab. Lately it seems it is not as much.

The promo for Wild Life

Umm, i sincerely hope they haven't become Lackadaisical as that means they are careless and lazy!!

Next we'll be saying that everyone but Ray has become superflous....oh...wait....

I meant this word as more kicked back and relaxed and happy not careless or lazy, it's a good thing. On Hodges in the field he's to blunt and doesn't have the social skills that the rest have. He'd always being getting in arguments with perps . and he's good in the lab, very knowledgeable. On Ray he's the lead of CSI, and they'd hardly put him in [TPTB] the lab permanently he gets along with the whole team not just Doc. Nick and him have a great raport as does Sara and him they are all incredible together and the rest too:thumbsup: Whoever wanted to go to an exhibit with him except Wendy? But, Ray did, nice gesture, seeing the "dinosaurs" together:cool:

Thank's sharp wow, looks enticing and intriguing and is Cath sitting on Rays lap?:wtf: that look's very chummy:p

CSI 11.12 "A Kiss Before Frying"

STORY LINE: The team discovers that a series of seemingly random deaths by homemade electric chairs are actually linked to a murderous miscarriage of justice seventy years ago...
Homemade electric chairs? :eek: Obviously they never learned not to play with electricity. :shifty:

Susan
I'm thinking this might be the episode with Dita Von Teese in it. 70 years ago would be around the 1940's which is what she specializes in Burlesque, plus on her Twitter she was talking about what she can and cannot do on a Prime Time TV Show.

DitaVonTeese
Oh America, why is it ok to dismember a woman on prime time TV but ample cleavage on a living, breathing woman is not? Just wondering.

DitaVonTeese
Trying to make my show "tv legal" while maintaining the authenticity of classic 1940s era American burlesque! Why is this so tricky in 2010?

I'm thinking this might be the episode with Dita Von Teese in it. 70 years ago would be around the 1940's which is what she specializes in Burlesque, plus on her Twitter she was talking about what she can and cannot do on a Prime Time TV Show.

DitaVonTeese
Oh America, why is it ok to dismember a woman on prime time TV but ample cleavage on a living, breathing woman is not? Just wondering.

DitaVonTeese
Trying to make my show "tv legal" while maintaining the authenticity of classic 1940s era American burlesque! Why is this so tricky in 2010?

Oh, man. I can't wait for this episode. I have a feeling I'm going to really like it. :devil:

Of course, now that my hopes are so high its going to turn out to be a disappointment. :lol:

Cath sitting on Rays lap?:wtf: that look's very chummy:p

And it would be a LOL moment at their reactions if Vartann happened to walk in the room right at that moment. :lol:

I would laugh so hard. They would for sure have an uncomfortable pause moment

:lol:For sure, I can't wait to see why she's sitting on his lap, I say, you go girl, I'd like to sit on his lap:p This will be interesting~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back