Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Marg Helgenberger in Entertainment Weekly, who was recently interviewed she says in part~

"Helgenberger admits working with Laurence Fishburne "the cosummate professional" has "been fun", but that her co-star should have no concerns about CSI's former leading man William Petersen coming back for an extended stay. "If I were to put money on it, NO. He would never come back on any kind of full-time way", she said. "He might come back to do an episode or two towards the end of the entire run, but NO. He was ready to go"~

To read entire article, go to http://www.billypetersen.com/

Yeah, I remember that being posted last week. You never really know with CSI what is going to happen, but I do hope Billy shows up before Marg leaves.

(I'm also pretty sure "no" wasn't capitalized in the original article--if you were trying to quote the article verbatim ;) )

Yeah, I remember that being posted last week. You never really know with CSI what is going to happen, but I do hope Billy shows up before Marg leaves.
I hope so too. Marg and Billy have always been so close ever since the first season. It would be kind of sad to think Grissom wouldn't get his two cents in about Catherine leaving the labs but I don't know...Billy's always seemed to be reluctant to even come on the show at all, even if it's just a guest appearance. I don't think Marg's leaving will change that.

That's what I don't get about WP. He doesn't want to come back as if he regretted being part of the show. I mean, come on. It made him famous and richer. Why not grant the wish of his fans and make them happy.

That's what I don't get about WP. He doesn't want to come back as if he regretted being part of the show. I mean, come on. It made him famous and richer. Why not grant the wish of his fans and make them happy.

CAUSE' he doesn't want to do it anymore, he's stated this time and time again.. he's done. I don't know what part of that fans don't understand. He's doing other things now. When your done your done:rolleyes:he's said "There was nothing more I could do" I don't get why either, when this show made him famous and filthy rich:confused:.. but he's got his own reasons~

HIS REASONS

From our own files!

http://www.csifiles.com/news/150306_01.shtml

CAUSE' he doesn't want to do it anymore, he's stated this time and time again.. he's done. I don't know what part of that fans don't understand. He's doing other things now. When your done your done:rolleyes:he's said "There was nothing more I could do" I don't get why either, when this show made him famous and filthy rich:confused:.. but he's got his own reasons~

HIS REASONS

From our own files!

http://www.csifiles.com/news/150306_01.shtml
Frankly, I think we're being a little unfair to Billy. My sense was that he gave the role all he had, and while he's grateful for the opportunity, by the end of his run he had nothing left to give. And so rather than spinning his wheels, doing the same role over and over again -- with the danger of just phoning in his performance, rather than really immersing himself in the art of acting that role -- he knew it was time to go, and so he left. But not without first making sure that, at least in his mind, he felt secure that he was leaving the show in good hands.

In the end, I think it was a matter of him respecting the audience because he said many times that if it ever reached a point where Grissom and/or the show didn't interest him anymore, then he didn't want to be doing it. I think it reached a point where, because Billy is the kind of actor he is, he needed new stimulation by playing other characters. If all he wanted was to take advantage of a series that made him famous, then he'd make different choices besides doing stage work. But the stage is his real love, I think, and at this stage of his life, he's entitled to make those choices that fulfill him.

I'm just glad that George, Eric, Jorja and the rest of the cast and Lab Rats didn't feel the same, or we'd have no CSI:( He never cared about the fame, I know that, so what ever he's doing now, and BTW what is he doing now:confused: I do know that George Eads said in a article somtime back "he doesn't understand why people leave the show", so that's cool that he's back in action, and still on the show as well as the others. I also hope we keep on keeping on and go as long as "Law & Order" why not:wtf:

The difference between a show like "CSI" and "Law & Order" is that L&O was constantly reinventing itself. The format was the only constant; the cast changes were a near-constant revolving door. As it turned out, the only truly "irreplaceable" actor was the late, great Jerry Orbach. I don't think the show ever fully recovered from his departure, followed by his untimely passing.

"CSI" is more focused on its lead characters, and has been almost from the get-go, so the audience has very different expectations from the L&O audience which largely became annoyed anytime there was any focus, rare as it was, on the lead characters' personal lives. Also, the "CSI" cast remained intact on into its eighth season, whereas L&O changed one of its lead actors at the beginning of its second season, and it was a pattern that was repeated again and again throughout the series' 20-year run. If "CSI" had done the same, I doubt it would be anywhere near as successful as it's been.

I also believe it's much harder for a series like "CSI" to remain fresh, especially with so many copycats that have entered the fray since its inception. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I also think that comparing "CSI" with "Law & Order" is, in many ways, comparing apples to oranges.

OMG byline I hope you don't think I was comparing CSI to L&O, I only meant in the longevity part of it. I don't even watch it, I occasionally watch the SUV one to see Mariska.. but not a big fan. So reading what you posted I don't even relate to it. I did know who Jerry Orbach was though. I just love CSI and hope it continues:bolian:

I get you. I just think that a show like L&O was lightning in a bottle. So is "CSI" . . . but in a different way. And those differences are pretty important. I'm a fan of both shows, so I can see why they each have been successful. But very few shows make it as long as L&O did, and I think part of it was because of the way the series was structured.

I get you. I just think that a show like L&O was lightning in a bottle. So is "CSI" . . . but in a different way. And those differences are pretty important. I'm a fan of both shows, so I can see why they each have been successful. But very few shows make it as long as L&O did, and I think part of it was because of the way the series was structured.

Cool, thank's for the explanation of it all. I'm sorry I never did watch the one with Jerry, and have never seen the L.A. one, but do like the stories on SUV, I think possibly why is that something else was on opposite, and I do know it's popular. I think CSI has changed with many charcters coming and going to many to mention:confused: I am happy with the seasons since WP left. I think their just as good as the earlier ones. With Nick, Greg, Cath, Sara and the rest, plus the new captivating, delectable Dr. Ray I'm satisfied. Some might disagree and that's fine, different strokes right?

Just wanted to update you guys on the episode schedule:

11/11 - "Fracked"
11/18 - "Wild Life"
11/27 - "Lover's Lanes" (repeat from last season)
12/2 - "Neverland" (repeat from last season)

I think you can expect at least one new episode during the month of December (11.10), as the next scheduled episode will be 11.11 "Man Up," which is airing in early January.

Some might disagree and that's fine, different strokes right?
Absolutely! I happen to agree. I've enjoyed the series since Billy left, though he really was the reason I started watching in the first place. I have felt the powers that be are still searching a bit for where they want "CSI" to go, post-Petersen, but I think they've found their way this season with some really strong episodes.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The stories are fantastic, the writers are beyond belief. And to me the team is a more gentle calm, relaxed group, then they used to be. Maybe cause' their used to each other, maybe it's because the new lead Dr. Ray he is a calm, gentle, soft-spoken guy and they've taken on his aura, how can you be mad or upset with his presence? whatever it is it's working. They've still have problems, who doesn't, but it's nice to see how close and lackadaisical, for the most part they've become, to me;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back