Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder about spoilers:

First and foremost, they are always subject to change and should never be taken as fact. :)

Secondly, there are some spoiler sources that, if named, could possibly cause the source(s) some big trouble. And if that happens, guess what? No more spoilers from that source!

Since we don't want the spoilers to dry up (or get anyone into trouble), please remember this from the spoiler guidelines (see first thread post):
Some places prefer that you not link to them for the spoilers. You are not allowed to mention or link to places such as SpoilerTV. You are also not allowed to link to or mention casting sides, and do not quote any portions of scripts here. Copyright violations will be edited and or removed.
Now...that said...I've been informed that the kidney spoiler is a legit spoiler. Again, of course, subject to change. ;)

Carry on! :)

Maybe Justin Bieber will lose something too, like his voice.. so guess we'll have to wait on this "what Langston loses", till we see the episode. At least it's finally September, so 22 more days till the premiere;)

It also says that in the stabbing Dr. Langston, "lost something" what if it's memory? more stellar acting on his part. like "who am I, where am I, what's going on"? Or does he lose a kidney? This will be an interesting development:confused:

It's a kidney Desertwind...;)

How do you know that? has that been released by anyone..I hope it's just his pride, and he will get over that real fast. ;)

It's not released. I got this from a very reliable source.

Last edited:
So along with the daddy issues, possibly heriditary anger gene, dead student, serial killing ex co-worker, dealing with two serial killers (Haskell and Jekyll) and a stabbing, now Ray's going to get his wife involved and a missing kidney? :brickwall: Jeesh, how much can they give a guy in two 1/2 seasons? Give someone else something juicy to work with; Greg hasn't had any sort of storyline since S7, he's very overdue!

So along with the daddy issues, possibly heriditary anger gene, dead student, serial killing ex co-worker, dealing with two serial killers (Haskell and Jekyll) and a stabbing, now Ray's going to get his wife involved and a missing kidney? :brickwall: Jeesh, how much can they give a guy in two 1/2 seasons? Give someone else something juicy to work with; Greg hasn't had any sort of storyline since S7, he's very overdue!

i agree, hes had loads already.
Also i hope greg does get a storyline as he seems to have been forgotten. ok yes im a grego fan but c'mon series 7 was his last story line and this is series 11 now.

So, while watching CSI/NY last night they showed a quick clip of the premiere. And all Justin Bieber.. As much as I try to take the high road, and give this kid a chance to prove himself, that was rude to say the least. :( What is this a one-kid-show? Where were the rest of the cast, and who are the writers trying to push him off on all the teeny-boppers? I was irritated to say the least. And for newcomers, LF as Langston is the lead of the show, who replaced Grissom. So of course he's going to be featured the most, like Grissom was. Greg is a CSI, but not the leader of CSI, that would be Catherine or Nick who are in the show constantly and so is Greg:confused: All of the cast has been featured on CSI at one time or another. For me, and others the more Ray the better, he's phenomenal, and a "force to be reckoned with", everything he does is capitivating. I'm thrilled [as is the cast] that he's on this fabulous show as the "lead"
pompom.gif

Desertwind- I disagree about the Grissom statement; watching the earlier seasons he got as much screentime and development as everyone else. The only time I can think of that he is focused on more was S7/8, and even then it was incredibly subtle for a TV romance. Langston on the other hand has had more development and storylines in his short time than some of the cast who have been on since the start *cough* Brass and to an extent Greg *cough*.

As for Beiber...speaking as a fairly young teenager I have no idea why tptb keep publicising him. Pre-teens and the majority of his fans aren't really into shows such as CSI (I'm speaking generally, I know there are exceptions.) so I really don't know what sort of audience they are trying to target.

Then again, it IS the CSI writers we're talking about :shifty::lol:

As far as Langston being featured and his development the front and center. once again he is the "LEAD', so the writers want the fans to know as much about him as fast we can. The older team, we pretty much have seen them featured for 10 years, and know as much as the writers have presented to us. He wasn't hired to hover around in the background. Did Grissom NO. And we will see new character development hopefully ths season with Nick, Cath, and Greg. [where is his book? Here's a brief video clip with him [LF] a Q & A session, with him talking about his role on the show. And sorry Smokey and DJ, if this is too much rhetoric about one character. just trying to set the record straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqrAzLstnVI

Yeah, I've kinda grown tired of the "Langston's hogging all the screentime" posts. When I watch the Grissom episodes and the Langston episodes back to back, Langston doesn't seem to be getting any special treatment that Grissom didn't get. The producers aren't stupid either. They probably realize that Marg Helgenberger, George Eads, et al won't be with the show forever. They know that they need to build up interesting new characters to extend the shows lifespan.

Every season somebody was getting screwed for screen time even before Ray was in the picture. Between the miniature killer arc, Sarah's burnout, Warrick's troubles and eventual death, and then Grissom's departure, just about every character spent time on the back burner while the writers focused on something else. Laurence Fishburne hasn't stolen anyone's screen time. It's just that when William Petersen left, many fans hoped that their favorite character would be the one to step up and fill the void, and felt cheated when that job went to an "outsider"

You are correct on one solid point Max people are resistant and hesitiant to change, my girlfriend shared that with me. Some move on and love change and some cling to the past for whatever reason. There are some sites still whinning and pinning over the loss of GSR, in which that's living in the past. There is as we no it no more GSR, and we once knew it. due to the fact that one half of this pair is gonzo:rolleyes: I just am enjoying the the new aspect of CSI, and see great stories in S/11. and to "quote" Grissom nothing stays the same, sooner or later everyone gets replaced" "Dead Ringer".

MaxPointy- I'm just going to let such episodes as Mascara and the CSI trilogy do the talking for me. And perhaps most of Ray's time during Season 9 as well.

Regarding the spoilers, the fifth episode is the only one that really grabs my attention. Murder by dinosaur? Yes please :D

Good point Dragon "Mascara" and the trilogy were some of the best epsodes in CSI history. Everyone I know loved them all. Incredible epsodes. Riveting, dynamite, electrifying, compelling all over the top in creativity. So guess the old adage "different strokes" and "to each one's own" would apply to this difference of opinions. To see in [the trilogy] the other CSI's from Miami, and NY was such a treat. And to see how Nick worked with Ray on finding the little lost girl, was gripping~

Umm, actually Desertwind, I meant that Mascara and the trilogy were my least favourite episodes ever, and how they really epitomised the reason why some people dislike Ray :lol:

But like Smokey said, that's for another thread ;)

Looking back through the cast list I might actually stream the first ep, just to see my favourite hard ass Ecklie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back