Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

You're trying to think logically. Remember these are the same people who say they introduced the character of Langston slowly! :p

I think we should expect just about anything from them.

Susan

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

They are casting a new recurring character in this episode(10X04). A 'sexy' police detective with a BS in History, MS in Criminology and a 'PhD in hotness'(yes, that's the wording). Name is Carlos Moreno in the casting call and is working on Sara's case.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Why do all the castings say "must be sexy/beautiful"? And why do they need a new detective? They've got plenty: Brass, Vartann, Cavalier, Vega... what's with the new one? And can someone tell me why all the detectives are male? They got rid of the only one who was female (Sofia). It's starting to make me wonder if they're a little sexist or old-fashioned enough to think that being a cop is a man's job and a woman has no place there. Ugh.

What's a BS by the way? I'm assuming B stands for Bachelor. What's the S stand for? I've heard of BA Bachelors Associate Degree or something like that. But, I've never heard of a BS. And the "ph d in hotness" is so very corny. :lol:

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

BS is Bachelor of Science, BA is Bachelor of Arts. I actually thought History was a BA degree, but I could be wrong.
    And I agree, a female detective would be nice. This is just a casting call, so I guess it could change. Although this does sound a little like the original 'Ray Santori', or something, that was to be casted originally.

5. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

If Sara's back to help the team why in episode 10x04 she's even working as CSI?
    How much episodes the team need help of her? Maybe Sara's returning to stay in LV?

6. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Hee hee! Like that, or tackier? Poor Carlos, now everytime we look at his face we'll think "P.h.D. in hotness!" Oh, and don't forget he proudly shows Sara his software. I wonder when will they cast for the fireman, the cowboy and the construction worker :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:.

7. GregNickRyanFan

:guffaw: "It's fun to stay at the L.V.P.D." :lol:

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I have a BS (Bachelor's of Science) degree and yet I was in the Business school. Although since I have been out of college I think BS stands for BullS**t :lol:

Yeah, why another male detective? Why not a female one? They need another Sofia.

And why is Sara working a solo if she is only back temporarily? Why can't Greg ever get one but she comes back for 5 eps and gets one? :scream:

9. GregNickRyanFan

You know, I think they could have at least made Riley recurring and made her a cop (since she used to be before a CSI) and kept her on the show that way instead of nixing the character altogether.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I can think of things my BA stands for..Bad Attitude, B****y Attiude:lol: or Bachelor of Attitude..;)

But I think a History degree would be a BA because it's an Arts course, at least in Ontario that's how it works..

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

SEXY Detective. What happened to Vartann??? He was sexy!!!
    and OMG a PhD in hotness??? Seriously??? someone wrote that??? :confused: :wtf: :eek:

What will TPTB come up with next?? As you can see, I'm none too thrilled so far. :rolleyes:

12. GregNickRyanFan

Totally! Vartann is the hottest detective they've had on there. :lol:

And that "phd in hotness" thing ... I just can't believe someone involved with the show actually said that. These days nothing they say should surprise me. :lol:

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Where is Det. Vartann BTW, is he scheduled for S/10? He was charming. Everytime fans seem to get hooked on a certain character their gone. He was good at interogations. He'd be great in this new season~

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  14. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

This new detective thing has me mad. I want Sofia back! :scream: And give Vartann or Vega more screen time! Jeez, TPTB are really pissing me off this season.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

The actor who plays Vartann has been showing up on a lot of different shows this year. So maybe he has a new gig. Or maybe he will just be around when he is available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.