Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

The play was already extended for one week.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Please remember that there are some sites we are not allowed to link to. Thanks! :)

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Hi just popping in here, guys. Not sure if this was mentioned but...If I am correct there is a certain spoilery blog out there that recently got a new shipment of spoilery type picture things from the episode "Ghost Town." (I cannot comment sincerely as to the authenticity of these spoilers but they seem pretty genuine to me.)

Mods, please edit my post if needed, as I am not sure what the heck I just said nor if it violates any terms. :lol:

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

So someone, somewhere, posted something, about something, that your not sure is something, but think it might be? Heck no, not gonna edit that. And the fact that I understood what you said, is scary, isn't it? :p :shifty:

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The pics posted on that site have all already been posted in the spoiler pic thread. They are all from Dustin Lee Abraham's Twitter feeds.

6. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

gotcha! :thumbsup:

7. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I'm not sure if this needs to be in spoiler tags? If it does, please tell me and I will put them.

I found this on TV.com, the thing was about NCIS but it had a bit about CSI:

"[Nina Tassler] also addressed fans’ concerns over “CSI,” which fell off in the ratings after William Petersen left last season and was replaced by Laurence Fishburne. In the new season, Fishburne will start to take a more authoritative role in the lab, while George Eads‘ character, Nick, will receive a promotion. Jorja Fox, who played Sara Sidle, is returning for the first five episodes of the season."

And may I just say NOOOOO!!!!!!!! Damnit I don't want him taking a more 'authoritative role'! They can't just put a random new character in that automatically gets more clout ahead of characters who have been there from the beginning! It's ridiculous.

8. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

Being a bit of a Langston gusher, I'm eager to see them expand his character's authority but NOT his screen time. I'd like to think that last season was simply a case of the writers and producers over-compensating for the loss of their leading man by trying to establish their new lead as quickly as they could and inadvertently shafting established characters in the process.

While obviously I've never met the guy, nothing I've read in interviews or seen on Entertainment-Tonight-type shows suggests the Laurence Fishburne is an egomaniac driving these changes. He's obviously an intelligent man who's been in the business long enough to know that sometimes less is more (ie: being a leading man is useless if you've got no supporting cast or if viewers tune in every week to see just how big of a trainwreck your show has become)

I'm sure that there are contract requirements that come with being a leading man in terms of screen-time etc (and I'm sure William Petersen had them too) but hopefully Laurence Fishburne has politely approached the producers and said "Thanks for the attention and confidence you've shown me, but maybe it's best if we dial things back a bit and get back to the whole ensemble cast idea"

My personal wishlist for season 10 would be:

- more authority, less screentime for Langston
    - Catherine's senior supervisor role putting her more in a position to butt heads with Ecklie, the sheriff, Vegas bigshots...a chance to flex the political muscle she often criticized Grissom for not flexing.
    - More ecklie
    - Nick's promotion putting him in the position of occassionally having to "Pull Rank" on some of his subordinates and lab rats - a bit of lonliness that comes with professional distance - maybe he has to take some disciplinary action?
    - More cases that make use of Greg knowledge of "old Vegas" and a chance for him to be the quirky Greg we saw in earlier seasons. WOuldn't hurt to see him take the lead in a few investigations.
    - Wendy to finally take the field test to become a CSI-1 and fill the gap after Sara's 5-ep guest arc plays out - expand her role rather than introduce yet another new character.
    - more solo autopsies for Super Dave
    - more chances for Doc Robbins to get out of the morgue
    - a career make-or-break episode for Brass (ie: put him in a position where he's faced with either "crossing-the-line" or career-suicide)
    - the return of Ellie Brass (even if it is as a corpse)

I'd also like to see a major overhaul of the opening titles. They've have basically the same intro for a couple years now...maybe it's time to refresh things a bit, especially the forensic filler shots. I'm not generally a fan of remixes, but maybe they could recut the original "Who are You" track to freshen it up bit too. And of course, I'd like to see Liz Vassey and David Berman promoted to the opening credits.

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

yeah i agree with a lot of that, and at least everyone needs some sort of storyline this season or an episode or so all to themselves and hopefully tassler was joking

david berman is long overdue to be on the opening credits he's in almost every episode since season 1
    seeing old faces-like ellie, lady heather, sophia even perhaps
    meeting new ones like super dave's wife, we meet ecklie's ex

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am going to let that to stay in here until we know what the Q&A goes toward spoilers. I am going on the side of caution till I know more. :)

12. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Thanks Destiny.

13. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

I can't wait for Langdon to crossover to both Miami and New York!!! That's gonna be really exciting!!!!!!! :)

14. Micha

Micha Rookie

10x04 "Coupe de Grace"
    The team investigates the accidental shooting of an off-duty cop by another cop, Officer Danny Finn, whose unabashed racial bias raises the possibility that the shooting wasn't an accident.
    Sara investigates the murder of a teenaged boy.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  15. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

/\ Thanks for that, sounds like a good episode. However if Sara is back to help the team why is she getting a solo. Surely she should be helping not leading a case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.