Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erep

erep Witness

Truth7 -- I love what you wrote (in both bigger posts). Honest, well-articulated, and I suspect, very true. If you take flames for writing that, I'll take 'em with you!

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Cite your source that says Jorja gave tptb a 2 year notice, because I never have heard of that, including this board.

She left the show because she wouldn't get paid what she wanted. She wasn't happy with what the offered her. Even most Jorja fans believe this, otherwise why would they have sent money :rolleyes: to tptb to keep her? Or hire a plane to encourage tptb to give her what she wants so she doesn't leave. It had nothing to do with a break. Sure I believe she wanted to do other things, but she left because of her contract.

Her coming back shows a sense of loyalty, yes, but it also shows that she might have realized she made a mistake.

Now I agree with a lot of your points in your posts. You're right it comes down to money. However, I disagree with Nick being focused on, as that is not true. The first 10 episodes were for Grissom. Yes, Nick had an episode that centered around him, but that's the first one he's had since Season 6 and he only got that one because WP couldn't do the episode. He's had his moments last season, but the second half of the season was Ray heavy and only Ray heavy. Nick was put in the background just like the rest of them.

Now as for the crossover, they're only doing it because Petersen has put the kabash on it before. I mean I can see the enticement of a crossover, but for one character to go from show to show isn't right. I liked the WAT crossover, but what bugged me the most about was the Jack Malone was the main character on BOTH shows. I mean even on CSI he was in almost every scene, then over on WAT you BARELY saw Grissom. :wtf: I mean what is up with that?

Now the idea where they all at a convention or something and there's a mass murder or something like that, I could probably see, but that would have to be some story to be three hours. Maybe they could all go to Dallas and finally figure out the "Who Shot Kennedy Conspiracy" :lol:

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm not a big fan of crossovers, unless it's done well. I liked Cross Jurisdictions because I thought Catherine and Horatio had AMAZING chemistry. It was a really, really good episode!

If there's a cross-over, I hope it's done in a way where everyone gets a chance to shine in it. I know it's hard with three casts, but it can be done.

Why does it only have to be Ray?

As for how the actors feel about the franchises-I think I actually liked Eric's point of view on it when he said it provided a lot of opportunities for actors, writers, film crew and I'm all for job opportunities. So I think whoever has an issue with the franchise needs to look at the upside of it, given the economy, jobs are so scarce it's great that people in an industry that's so damn hard to break into, get these opportunities. It's unfair to hoard it all as Billy feels they should have, but oh well, at last the FISH has a different perspective.

4. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Excellent post Speedy...I agree, Jorja left due to her not getting the contract that she wanted, it was about the money, it was all over the internet but really does it matter, she QUIT, regardless of the issues she has had more comebacks than Madonna.

As far as I am concerned, the show is going backwards, instead of moving forward. This is actually, in my opinion, getting a little bit ridiculous. If she is that important to the show then just rehire her back for what she wanted or now wants and get it over with, but after last season, I felt she was bordering on suicide in several episodes (Sara not Jorja). Tptb must think we are a desperate group of people to accept this wish wash, it's getting very old and I for one have moved forward, other shows can lose major characters and still bring in the ratings, I just don't understand their thinking unless it is a lack of confidence in their remaining supporting cast and in themselves to produce an award winning drama.

I vote the show move forward and quit focusing on the past, I am personally getting tired of the stagnation of the same ole same ole. I want refreshing, I want new and I want CSI to be a better show than it has been in the past two years.

It is what it is folks, time for a change!!!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It's amazing that so many fans speculate on "WHY" Jorja returned like they've talked to her, and she said "Oh, it's about about the money" NOT:rolleyes: She was filming in Atlanta when they called her and doing her own thing. She at one time a few years back drew $225,000 per ep. so she's pretty well set, and I find it's going forward with her return, she's luminous, a great actress and will kick a.. If she wasn't a popular character, TPTB, wouldn't have asked her to return. She will help out on the cases when needed. She came back cause' she loves the show and her team mates, and stated "I WAS THRILLED":thumbsup:

6. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I would love it if they would just hire someone with talent, male or female to replace Warrick and stop bringing back old characters, old plots and old scripts... then we wouldn't be having this discussion....and I for one would enjoy watching the show again. And that is all I can say about that! Getting rid of GSR, Old characters who on their own fruition quit, and the same old writing styles might actually improve the response of the viewers.

Though the Dr Jekyl serial killer excites me... it is being overshadowed by all the melodarama over Sara's return and Langston's new wardrobe and whether or not Grissom will come back for his love and have children and the soap opera contines, on and on. Nothing like a spoiler that includes these little tidbits...sarcasm drips off my tongue.

I want the show that won emmy nominations back, and it will only do that if it moves forward.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

While I agree that all tptb are interested in is money, I have to disagree that they did enough research when Billy was leaving. The ONLY WAY you're going to find out if the remaining cast can carry the show on their own is to GIVE THEM A CHANCE! Tptb did NOT even give them a chance. I can't help but be bothered by that or think that tptb didn't have faith in them. They could have at least given the remaining cast a ten ep trial to see if they could carry it on their own before. They could have let LF remain a guest star for a few eps after Grissom left instead of automatically throwing him into the credits with the theme song the minute Billy left.

And now they're claiming to be trying to rectify their mistakes, but they are not even touching on the biggest one. Instead they are increasing the misake a lot of viewers feel they made and giving the Langston character even more screentime (with the crossovers).

I dare tptb to send the Ray character off to a conference and not have him on the show for a number of up to three episodes and promote the heck out of those three episodes and see how well those three eps do in the ratings. I dare them... but will they do it? No, because they're too afraid. You know in life, you gotta take risks to succeed. So I think they need to start taking some risks instead of clinging to a security blanket!

I totally agree. I like Eric's take on it as well. :)

Yeah and tptb are totally taking advantage of LF's perspective and continously shoving the character down our throats. I think they are doing LF a great disservice by doing so. I hold nothing against the actor at all. I think he's a fabulous actor. But, I'm more than tired of tptb shoving the character down our throats every chance they get. It's annoying and I'm trying really hard not to completely resent the character, but its a thin line and that line is on fire (and that's not a good thing).

8. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

^ ITA.

About Langston, I think the main problem is in lots of ways Lawrence Fishbourne's, well, Lawrence Fishbourneness. There's no way to introduce Lawrence! Fishbourne! subtly or slowly. That's more or less like replacing Jorja with Nicole Kidman, or Marg with Susan Sarandon, or George with George Clooney and Greg with Brad Pitt. You-just-don't-do-that! Even less if their character is intended to be portrayed as a "newbie" and a member of an ensemble cast. Movie stars are great for Very Special Guest Star roles, but not for permanent roles unless they come to a position of authority, in a brand new show, on HBO. They should have hired someone recognizable from tv or a rising star intead so they could fit in better without having to take all of the screentime away.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree. If they wanted him to be in charge, they should have made him lab director (and just have him in every episode) or something instead of Level 1 in the first place. Now it's too late and if they try to make him boss now they run a great risk of alienating many long time fans and thus their ratings will continue to slip until they're practically non-existent. I don't think they needed a huge movie star to keep the ratings good (we can see that's not working as well as they'd hoped lol). They could have done better with a very well known big time TV STAR instead. Richard Dean Anderson for example. I think he'd bring in a lot of fans because Stargate and MacGyver were both big hit shows in which he starred. Or just someone of that caliber.

I think they aimed way too high with a movie star. I think it's hurting the show more than its helping personally. Yes, he's a good actor, but the way they have the character dominating the screen is not subtle at all. Sure Grissom may have had a lot of scenes, but it wasn't as noticeable because it was more subtle. I honestly don't think there's anyway to fix that now unless they dial it down a bit. Maybe when the ratings suffer more this season (which other than the eps with Sara, I'm pretty sure they will if they continue like they did in Season 9) they'll finally take the hint.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I think TPTB realized that they made a mistake bringing Ray on as a rookie. Maybe they thought it would be more interesting to have someone come from another profession. That way, they could show him being taught how to dust for prints, how to use the tools, etc.

But, halfway through, they realized that there is no way you could bring in LF and have him second to anyone. Really. I thought it was a great idea to bring in LF. I was very excited. But I think, I, like many other fans, have realized that bringing in an A List actor to Network cable show is going to cuase problems unless handled with the upmost care, which I this wasn't IMO.

11. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

Jorja left the show because she needed a break. The money is not everything in this life. The actors can tired too of do always the same,and they've right to leave and return if they want and if they're call them.
    And if she did it for money,i support her. I don't understand that she doing the same job and the same hours as the rest,they give her and other less money.
    Ah,the GSR is not a soap-opera!!!

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I agree that having someone of LF's caliber on the show alters the dynamic, but not necessarily in a bad way. I haven't enjoyed all the Langston focus we've been receiving, yet I don't really dislike his character. Fishburne does have a powerful presence, but I don't feel he clashes with the other actors. As far as Langston goes, he shouldn't have been a level 1. I think everyone has realized this. I do enjoy what he has to offer though. The more I've thought about it, the more I'm looking forward to the Dr. Jekyl killer. Langston is a doctor and has dealt with an Angel of Death. If Jekyl is something that ties into Langston's experiences in medicine, I think it might bring the character into his own instead of piggybacking on the other CSI's and stealing their thunder. Of course, I making assumptions about Jekyl but that is how I feel.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I knew with Sara's return this thread would once again become a battleground, I just want to read spoilers. So I'll just get mine elsewhere. bye

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*walks into room looks around reads door... "Season 10 *Spoiler Lab*" * Hmm here are a Couple things to keep in mind

Spoilers are subject to changes and should only be considered as a guide to what could be happening in that episode, and not what will happen.

This thread is for the discussions, opinions regarding the future "episodes, story-lines and character spoilers as it relates to the current season in the US." This thread has nothing to do with the actor/actresses themselves, ship discussions in general, or past episodes each of these have their own respective threads and or forum. Some comparisons to past eps is fine, as long as it follows the line of your current discussion but don't let it dominate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to disagree with the opinions, your not entitled to attack someone for having the opinion, this is NOT a debate thread for which you can argue about things.
    Sometimes opinions might rile some which can lead to arguments to uncontrolled debates or outright flaming.
    The best thing to do is to take a deep breath, calm down, back away and agree to disagree and let it go, you really are not getting anywhere so why continue all that will get you is a gentle reminder or an official warning.
    Be mindful that if you are not involved in any argument don't jump in it only makes it worse, contact Myself or Smokey via PM or click the NM (Notify Mod)Button.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and all of this can be found on page 1, post 1. ;) So lets get back to talking spoilers and btw Have a good day!

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I will just say this about the prior discussions, and then move on. Dustin Lee Abraham has stated on his twitter page: 'don't worry. This season is all about the team. The fans are unanimous that they want the team back.' So I think we just have to take a deep breath and be patient. I have a feeling there will be something for everyone this season.

Back on topic, [REMOVED SOURCE NAME] has posted a storyline for 10X03 'Working Stiffs': The team investigates the murder of Jason, a troubled computer geek, who was involved in a dangerous plan to make a working stiff's dreams come true.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.