Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked Ray a lot in "Grave Shift", but I don't like him being a know-it-all-perfect-csi all of a sudden. And I don't like that he has so many solo scenes. If they want him in many scenes, fine, but at least they should put him in those scenes with the other main characters instead of so many solo scenes or scenes with only guest stars.

Ha! They hardly wrote anything for Riley. Once Ray came in, Riley ceased to exist in their eyes and was only an afterthought.

I don't know about that, but we'll see.

Yep, good opp there. But, they probably won't.

I don't know... I'd think his parents know by now. I want to meet his Papa Olaf though. :) He sounds like quite the character. But, they'd have to choose the write actor for the role. Any ideas?

Yeah, exactly. I like Fishburne as an actor. And I didn't mind Ray at first, but they shoved him down our throats and that is what I don't like. Too much is too much no matter what it is.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

myfuturecsi, Well said. I do like Ray but I do resent that he has taken up screen time in what I had hoped would mean more for my favorite characters. I just feel like they are forcing him on us, forcing us to get use to the fact that he is the lead now and so the others just have to take a backseat to him now.

You would just think that after 10 years of being on a show, they could give those that have been there the whole time a bit more credit/time, that's all.

3. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I think if they really want to do a crossover with all three shows then they should all meet on a neutral ground. Have everyone go to a mandatory forensic conference. Then there could be this huge murder or robbery case that everyone could take part in. Make it a more obscure location where there's not a big forensic team so it's everyone to the rescue. And then you can have Ray, Catherine, Horatio, Mac, Stella, Calleigh, Nick, Greg, etc. etc. trip over each other trying to solve the case and figure out who really does have senority...

Now that would be something to watch and provide some great opportunities for some comic relief...

How about a contest? You know LV had that run in what Season 4 - Dead Ringer... There could be a Yousolveit type of conference and let the best team win...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Apparently Caruso approached Fishburn about a crossover (since WP refused to do it he figured LF would) If it is only Langston involved I will not be watching, I can't stand CSI:Miami or Caruso anyway, although I do like NY. The only way to get me to watch Miami would be if Greg went and the odds of that happening are pretty much zero.

Sounds like a desparet ratings ploy to me - no thanks.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I totally agree with this. I don't think we're asking too much either. But apparently tptb do. :(

OMG! Awesome idea! Love it!

Another nice idea. It could be like the CSI Exibit where each team had to compete to solve a (fake) crime and see which team solved it the fastest. :lol:
    CSI: The Game Show Experience. :lol:

Or we could get the Miami team vs the Vegas team in Family Feud. :lol: and the winner takes on the NY team. :lol:

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I watched "MASCARA" again last night and I'm one of the fans who really liked this episode. it was different and riveting and tumultous, & a different kind of show. And I now saw Dr. Langston lose his temper with the nasty/sickening serial killer in the interogation room, where Brass had to pull him off the perp. So, that's a different side of this character which I understand, cause' she [the victim] was his student/friend. But maybe we haven't seem all sides of him which may come to the forefront in S/10:confused:the ending so poignant, him going through her files, and probably writong her memoirs~And as far as any crossovers, as long as their good go for it~One of my all time favorite episodes was the crossover with "WOAT" Seeing Grissom and Jack who the writers had on equally, and their banter was stupendous~

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

More likely then not if the show/network says you do a crossover, they will do it. I mean I am doubting that they have it written into their contracts I refuse to do other csi crossovers. They can ask not to do it, but that doesn't guarentee anything.

I find it sad and as much as I hate to say it dumb that all these actors from all three shows (back a long time ago) was even arguing about each others show, and or crossovers. Their from the same franchise, the same network, they act like spinoff's are eww. Well if it weren't for spinoff's alot of good shows wouldn't have been carried forward to name as an example:
    Jag> NCIS> NCIS LA
    Law & Order> L&O SVU> L&O CI

I applaude actors of the first show, doing guest shots on the other shows, without fuss or muss or shouting, screaming, arguing. :rolleyes: I swear back when the shows [CSI's] were going back and forth I wanted to say grow up and deal with it. What one show doesn't attract another may, so what it is a franchise and that franchise will carry on when one goes off. People will look back and still say [insert show] started it all off.

So if the stars don't like doing crossovers deal with it, if those paying you say do it, then do it and don't complain about it. I don't like crossovers is fine to say but in the end you either do it, or don't and if you don't whose to say your not missing out on something good. I might say I don't like something but if I don't give it a shot I will never know for sure.

Thats just my two cents. :)

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

My thought process: If you're getting paid for it, why not do it?

In most cases. :p There's somethings that I definitely wouldn't want to be paid for. :lol:

9. donna2712

donna2712 Victim

Being from Australia and not 100% up on US law, but if a criminal commits a crime in two states (or more) or "crosses state lines" during a criminal act, doesn't it them become a federal crime and come under the juristiction of the FBI?

I am curious as to how the writers will get around this little road block (if I am correct in the law).

10. Truth7

Truth7 Victim

I’m know I’m going to get flame for this but after everything that I have read, I feel that I most. I will post this in several parts.

1. TPTB goal is not to insult fans, it is not to please actors, it is not to please a small but vocal group, it is not to insult actors or make them feel useless or under appreciated. Their goal is simple: to make MONEY. So every decision they make is with that thought in mind and the main and most important reason behind every decision whether it is bringing back an actor, or paying an actor millions of dollars to replace a main character or under using an old character while over using a new character. It is not a personal insult to anyone.

2. An actor leaving a show after 7 yrs of loyalty to that show because she just needed a break after 11 yrs of non-stop working is not a display of disloyalty. Especially when that actor didn’t just walk out before her contract ended or leave on the day her contract ended. She gave TPTB 2 yrs to work it out and still even after giving a notice 2 yrs ago, she stayed for 7 more episodes when they had still not been able to do it on that time table. She let them know that whenever they needed her, she would be willing to come back, not for long-term but she would show-up and base on her actions, she kept her word. Because every time TPTB needed her for a storyline purpose, she was there. That shows a great deal of loyalty to the show and those who are still in it, and also a great appreciation for what the show had done for her. To me that is a great example of loyalty, loyalty is not about staying in a job when you need a break but it is about what you do as you leave the job and after you leave the job, that really shows rather you were loyal to the job and those you work with. Or whether you were just talking the talk while still loving the job because it is easy to say you are loyal to something that you still enjoying.

3. A returning actor/ character will always get more media coverage than those who are still on the show, because TPTB knows that if you are still watching the show after WP left, than you are an audience member they still have because of the characters/actors on the show, or for whatever other reason but they still have you, so they don’t feel the need to send out balls of fire to get your attention. But the actor/character’s fans who left the show after this character did, they need to send them the message that they can come back now because their fave is coming back. They need to reach those people and hope that when they reach those people and they come back, TPTB can provided them with another reason beside that character to keep watching the show after that character leaves again. And also the reason this coverage is so much is because this main character was last seen in a scene that some fans would like to know more about, like what happened after the kiss? So that curiosity makes it a compelling reason to cover this return. The show is about science but it is the human touch that keeps a lot of fans watching,that is why a lot of you are mad that it seems like your fave is being push aside for another. If it was all about the cases and science and no human touch, which like it or not GSR is, than we would not be talking about the characters but the possible cases that might be on the show this season. It is nothing personal but TPTB trying to get the most they can get for their money.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Truth7 View Public Profile Find More Posts by Truth7 Add Truth7 to Your Contacts
    [​IMG] Today, 12:35 AM #477 Truth7
    Victim

Re: Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1
    4. TPTB didn’t hire LF because they had extra money and they wanted to waste it on an actor when the remaining cast can carry the show on their own. They hired him because base on their research they found out that they needed someone with his star power to at least keep the show from going down like the titanic and before you remind me of the low ratings, ask yourself a question, how much lower would it have been without LF? Because I know the only reason I kept watching after WP left is because of him. And now because of fan fiction , will add Catherine to that list. And really I don’t understand why anyone was surprise by this move because TPTB were not willing to let the remaining cast, with Sara and Warrick included carry the show when WP was leaving for an absent of just a few weeks. They felt the need to hire a big name star for just those weeks. I mean seriously TPTB confidence on the cast without WP was so low that they would not let them attempt to carry the show for just a few weeks without him. That tells me that despite the decisions that TPTB are making that seems like bad ones, they have good reasons to believe they can’t let the remaining old cast carry the show. I mean TPTB loves money and the more money that can stay in their pockets the happier they are, so for them to hand their millions of dollars to big name stars, one for just a few weeks of episodes, tells me that they know something we don’t. So because of that while I’m not happy with how they decided to go about this transition, I’m going to give them the benefit of doubt and hope they know what they are doing and that somehow they realize that using the other characters beside Nick and Ray is a good thing. Because Ray and Nick were the only ones who really got to be on display last season after Grissom was gone. I would love to see Catherine front and center for at least a few episodes, especially since she is one half of the lead characters.

11. Truth7

Truth7 Victim

Sorry double post.

12. Truth7

Truth7 Victim

Sorry double post.

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Truth7, I'm not the MOD on this board but double posting is not allowed. You might just want to go and edit your previous post instead of reposting. :)

I do find it interesting that Marg is the highest paid on the show and yet we still see less of her than Lawrence.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I wondered about that as well:confused: Marg makes $390,00 and LF makes $350,000, strange huh? Source TV Guide~

15. Truth7

Truth7 Victim

I think last season it was because of the things that were going in her personally life. I think she probably asked TPTB for less airtime so that she deal with RL and TPTB did that for her. But I'm hopping that this season will be different because I want more Catherine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.