**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, alot of E/C fans will refuse to accept this and no longer watch the show. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm happy to see it go. There are characters that are more worthy of screentime than Eric and Calleigh.

Plus, like MelxxWhoLuvsYa said, the characters are still there, so why bother leaving the show?

This is part of the reason why fanfiction exists.

Hopefully this will be a sign of things to come...although, I'm still a little apprehensive about it all.

Thanks for sharing your opinions, everyone.

Personally, I couldn't care less whether E/C are together or not. However, as I've said before, if it will keep people watching, the writers need to go ahead and put them back together, but subtly.

put them back together, but subtly.
The subtle part is where the problem comes in.

I agree, greatfan. The writers/TPTB are horrible with subtly.

:lol: Yeah, that's true. I don't like the sound of the spoiler and I'm definitely not an EC shipper. I don't like it because it sounds like more push/pull nonsense for dramatic purposes. This is not just an annoyance for EC fans, but also those who aren't EC shippers. It's funny how they can manage to annoy both sides of the fanbase at the same freakin' time. :lol: If they want them together, they should just do it and let them have a mature relationship ... instead of all this push/pull stuff that annoys everyone lol. It's like the writers can't make up their minds or something.

:lol: Yeah, that's true. I don't like the sound of the spoiler and I'm definitely not an EC shipper. I don't like it because it sounds like more push/pull nonsense for dramatic purposes. This is not just an annoyance for EC fans, but also those who aren't EC shippers. It's funny how they can manage to annoy both sides of the fanbase at the same freakin' time. :lol: If they want them together, they should just do it and let them have a mature relationship ... instead of all this push/pull stuff that annoys everyone lol. It's like the writers can't make up their minds or something.

In my opinion, the Miami writers could learn a thing or two from Steven Moffat and the writers for Doctor Who...although, that would probably lead to CSI: Miami becoming riddled with all sorts of odd plots twists...and zombie characters. o_o

Anyway, as much as I intensely dislike the pairing and would love to see it end for good, I agree that the writers should make up their minds. Either the characters are together or they aren't together.

I'm sure the writers will have no trouble making Horatio and Renee's romance subtle :p

IF they follow through with that.

Also, bad news friends: The NFL team owners voted to end the lockout today. While the players have yet to ratify the agreement, the lockout will end on Saturday if they do...which means that we'll have to deal with football overruns this season.

Obviously, this is NOT good news. I know that alot of CSI: Miami fans don't agree on alot of things (well...in my experience, they don't), but we all agree on one thing: sports overruns are BAD. Very, very bad.

Well, I live in Mexico, so the football scheduling doesn't affect me. But it is a shame that it plays havoc with US ratings :(

Know how spoilers are subject to change? Well I sincerely hope that the E/C scene described for the second episode is scrapped completely.

This is ridiculous. I'm an E/C fan, but not a fan of unnecessary drama. I want them to get back together and have a nice, stable relationship that isn't in-your-face in every episode, but shown occasionally, and with subtlety.

I don't think anybody wants this scene- people who like E/C, people who don't, people who are indifferent. Writers/producers/people otherwise involved with this show, if you are reading this, let me give you some advice:

1) SCRAP THIS SCENE

2) Decide if you want Eric and Calleigh to be in a romantic relationship or not. No wishy-washy jealousy issues, unnecessary drama, etc. Grow up, put on your big girl panties, and make an actual decision and stick to it.

3a) If you decide all romance with these two is in the past, make it clear: show both of them coming to a resolution that they're over, or that both of them have moved on. Make sure it's clear that both of them acknowledge that the relationship is over for good. None of this one-moving-on, one-still-pining-for-the-other drama crap. They are not teenagers, they're fully grown adults. You don't need to devote an entire episode to this, just one scene will do. After this, if you decide to have either Eric or Calleigh date/flirt/what-have-you with other people at any point down the road, DO NOT bring jealousy into it. DO NOT. It is unnecessary and juvenile.

3b) If you decide they will get back together, keep it simple: no drama, no jealousy, no bullcrap. Make it subtle- the occasional mention, or romantic moment, but don't let it be the focus of the show. Keep the relationship stable, happy, and in the background, like it should be.

I'm sure the writers will have no trouble making Horatio and Renee's romance subtle :p

They made a disaster out of unnecessary drama with E/C, so why would Horatio/Renee be any different? They've already shown they're incapable of subtlety when it comes to romance.

Oh, watch they'll have Horatio and Renee all cozy in a semi-stable relationship and then ruin it all by having Julia show up, having escaped from the mental hospital or something LOL. I hope not, but I wouldn't put it past them. Oh, wait... maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas LOL.

Oh, watch they'll have Horatio and Renee all cozy in a semi-stable relationship and then ruin it all by having Julia show up, having escaped from the mental hospital or something LOL. I hope not, but I wouldn't put it past them. Oh, wait... maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas LOL.

Too late.The CSIM bad romance fairy has seen it.The idea is being whispered into the ear of a writer right now.

Too late.The CSIM bad romance fairy has seen it.The idea is being whispered into the ear of a writer right now.

LMAO, I hope not... but I've been fearing this since the first mention of a new love interest for Horatio lol.

I don't think it has to do with the writers not being able to make up their minds about it; I think it's pretty made up. They think, IMO, that having them not officially together makes the anit-shippers want to keep watching (of course aside from all the other reasons they watch) and having them still hinting that it's not completely over makes the shippers want to keep watching to see if they ever do get together. Not completely catering to either sides makes both side kind of stick around because they are not completely unsatisfied. Not completely happy, but not completely unhappy. So I think the writers think they've found the perfect formula to keep viewers around. Though if they read this board they would see how completely untrue that is.

silentdisco

1) SCRAP THIS SCENE

2) Decide if you want Eric and Calleigh to be in a romantic relationship or not. No wishy-washy jealousy issues, unnecessary drama, etc. Grow up, put on your big girl panties, and make an actual decision and stick to it.

3a) If you decide all romance with these two is in the past, make it clear: show both of them coming to a resolution that they're over, or that both of them have moved on. Make sure it's clear that both of them acknowledge that the relationship is over for good. None of this one-moving-on, one-still-pining-for-the-other drama crap. They are not teenagers, they're fully grown adults. You don't need to devote an entire episode to this, just one scene will do. After this, if you decide to have either Eric or Calleigh date/flirt/what-have-you with other people at any point down the road, DO NOT bring jealousy into it. DO NOT. It is unnecessary and juvenile.

3b) If you decide they will get back together, keep it simple: no drama, no jealousy, no bullcrap. Make it subtle- the occasional mention, or romantic moment, but don't let it be the focus of the show. Keep the relationship stable, happy, and in the background, like it should be.

I agree with this 100% :thumbsup:

MelxxWhoLuvsYa

Honestly, I hope EC fans can accept if the relationship has finished. I mean, why did you watch Miami before the EC drama began? Calleigh's still gonna be here, so is Eric - they aren't leaving, why should you?

Because like I've read time and time again in this board if a person wants to stop watching it's their right to do so, whatever the reason.

And it's not about accepting that it's over, because the thing that bugs most people is that neither the scene in 9.02 or 10.02 is about a definite end to their relationship. It's not over because they keep bringing it back and keep leaving that hint behind that Eric still has feelings for her. If it were over then both of them simply move on with their lives, it is said clearly, and that's that. A lot of us shippers actually wish that would happen over what's actually happening.

Just jumpin' in here. Haven't posted in quite a while. But...
I could care less about the EC "mushy" romance and really don't care if they go one way or another with it. It was so overdone in S7 and I wish they would just move on. To me, the EC romance has somewhat limited the characters and what additional stories the writers can do with them. I personally think Eric and Calleigh were cooler characters in the earlier seasons.

If the writers do proceed with an H and Renee romance... please do not bring back the "she devil" Julia. That character totally turned my stomach. I just could not stand her or wacky Ron Saris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back