"Say Uncle" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well, i liked that they've focused more on Grissom since there is rarely anything that shakes him up. Nick is not the center of the show as much as Grissom is, especially now. as i've said before, we've already seen Nick cry, lament and in despair countless times, while we've never seen anything quite as powerful from Grissom. that's why, imo, it was a good thing to use Warrick's death to show another side of Grissom who we won't be seeing anymore, and not focus on a crying Nick again.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't agree on the lament and despair-cry-yes, lament and despair-no.

And when he has cried-he's damn good reason too. I'd like to see anyone who has been buried alive not cry..
    Or held at gunpoint, or have someone living in your attic and throw you out a window, and kill your girlfriend.

So no, he's not one to lament or despair. He cries and moves on.

Grissom on the other hand has had one big meltdown of sorts. He's wallowed in self-pity for eons and hasn't been there for his team in the worst situation they've been in.

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I don't want to turn this into a debate, because after all, we all have our own opinions, but I feel that Grissom has ALWAYS been the center of the show. it isn't just this season. It's always been that way. So for them to center the aftermath of Warrick's death solely around him seems a little, unrealistic.

And trust me! I like Nick. He's my favorite character, but I am sick of the guy always being in peril. But in this case, Warrick's death should be affecting everyone, Cath, Greg, the Lab Rats, not just Grissom.

4. iluvgreg80

iluvgreg80 Hit and Run

I really agree. Grissom is the leader. It was interesting to see him with the boy and at the end. He doesn't express his emotions except at certain times.He seemed troubled at the end, but I agreed with Brass.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think Warrick dying in Grissom's arms was very realistic he called him "the rock of the team" and him taking his last breath in his arms completely devastated him, unlike Nick who thank goodness he saved from certain death, he thought he could save Warrick as well:( How many of you have had some one shot to death and they died in you arms? wouldn't that leave you over the top in shock? Grissom is suffering, and he seemed to be going through the motions in "Say Uncle" his zest is dampened. His compassion for the child was his salvation in a way, he saved him from a horrible drug death~

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yes, I understand. Don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that we should get to see how the others are affected as well. Not just Grissom.

7. Desertwind

Yes we should see how the others are affected I agree, but the writers are showing Grissom, so we haven't seen how it as traumatized the rest. I'm sure Cath is heartbroken she so adored him, and we did see Greg crying, and Nick almost killed McKeen so that showed them, this isn't fair, but Grissom lost two people at the same time, and he's leaving CSI, so the writers are probably showing him more, because of that:(

8. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

I think the TPTB are trying desperately to put him in the front line for an Emmy, and they're trying so hard, it's become pathetic. There's a little too much "emo" Grissom and it's not true to the character we've seen and invested in for nine years. I think they should have handled things differently and it probably wouldn't be an issue with so many fans. When there's a talented actor, you don't need all the theatrics. It's there. Don't force it.

9. Desertwind

I don't think TPTB could give a ratts about him winning an Emmy, and would be more gratified if the whole ensemble won as Best TV Drama, and Billy has never been in for the awards, he actually doesn't like to go to the award shows, and is happy back in Chicago doing his play. If he won, [and he was outstanding in this ep.] it would be because he's an extrodinary, fantastic actor, magical so to speak, no one like him. His fans would be over the moon if that happened, but we love him no matter what[​IMG]

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Hey girl, Kristy wasn't his girlfriend, but he was framed for her murder.

Tptb have said themselves that they want Petersen to win an Emmy, so yeah, they do give a rat's a$$ about it. I don't think Petersen himself wants an Emmy, but tptb definitely do.

Unfortunately, this will never happen because the Emmy's are 'blind' when it comes to procedural shows. :rolleyes:

11. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I really doubt they are 'showing off' Grissom/Billy just to get an Emmy....I think it's harder to write with Jorja & Gary gone, and with Billy soon leaving :*( :(
    And maybe TPTB want him to go out with a bang...He IS up for a PCA this year, but maybe that's not enough? I don't know...

I don't put much faith or trust, or for that matter, loyalty into TPTB but we'll see what happens I suppose...I don't know what else to do. But yeah, Grissom is getting emotional and depressive and I think it's all going to accumulate and be the reason he leaves...let's just bear with it (and keep complaining ;p) and see what happens.

xoxoxo

12. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

CSI should have definitely been up for Emmys every year back in it's hay day. Marg too had several moments that should've been. Now, if it won, I don't think it would best because there are better shows. TPTB have really changed this show and it lost a lot of its brilliance. But no, none of the CSI franchise has ever really been acknowledged by the Emmys except Marg a few years ago. There are certain shows, actors, etc., they always leave out. They're more interested in shows that don't have giant ratings and some your average joe has never heard of.

13. Criminologist86

LastToKnow710: I agree....when I voted for PCA I DID vote for CSI (duh ;p) but there were also many shows up for PCAs that I have NEVER heard of....and ones I may have seen on a commercial but have never bothered to watch...However, PCAs are totally different than the Emmys, obviously ;p

I also agree with you in that CSI should be recognised with an Emmy...or twelve ;) Heaven forbid they recognise the number one show in the nation, much less the world, that has LOYAL viewers (Robert David Hall said that CSI's fans are quote "very, very loyal...") over some jo shmoe show nobody watches....

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oops my bad...Kristy was a hooker that Nick befriended.

Now as for TPTB that want Billly to get an Emmy--they are pretty much at Billy's beck and call because frankly he is known on the set as the 'King'. So I'd say he has some say in it.

TPTB is all about ratings because ratings brings sponsors and sponsors bring money and whoever they think brings in the big bucks, they will cater to..

15. Criminologist86

^ Which is why TPTB tend to be a prrooooblem....*sigh*

The King is amazing ;)