"Say Uncle" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Ok, BACK the Creepy CSI Knowledge Train UP!

SOMEONE tell me where you stash the book....you know, the book where it tells you that Dustin wrote Snakes and how ya'll make these amazing observations? Remember Shooting Stars when Grissom asks Cath if she's ever seen the pyramids, and they get to talking about them, and he says something about how he only looks at them when he wants to feel small? That's how I feel. I only talk to youguys when I wanna feel so small in my CSI knowledge..... :) :) TEACH ME! :p

2. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

If you click at the very top where it says CSI episode guide, when you click on an episode title it should tell you who the writer(s) is, director, cast, other information.

3. Criminologist86

Thanks :) But it's not even that knowledge...it's the comment about how Dustin (a specific writer) seems to write episodes involving culture or cultural aspects...HOW in teh bloody blazes do ya'll know that stuff!? THAT is part of the Creepy CSI Knowledge Train...

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

After reading all your posts, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that wanted to slap Riley. I mean, I realize it was her first time that someone pointed a gun at her, but for her to keep running her mouth when Nick is telling her to calm down, really irratated me. And as muchas I welcomed riley with open arms, tptb are shoving her in our faces. I don't even remember seeing Catherine. :( And when Grissom told her the deal with the child not having representation, she got all pissy and pranced her butt back to the lab.

More Greg was good though! And it also looks like they are shoving the "Nick is going to be in charge soon" thing down our throats too.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't mind the "Nick in charge!" That was good, but we haven't seen the guy grieving for his friend though and that was not good.

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah but it's kind of rushed IMO. If they had eased it in a bit more, (just like what they should have done with Riley) then It wouldn't seem so forced. But that's just me. I agree with the grieving. Maybe they are waiting a little bit longer so it builds up more? I don't know I just hope they don't forget about how strong their friendship was, and the fact that Warrick was flippin out furing Grave Danger, but that's for another board so I'll move along. ;)

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think they've been easing into 'Nick in Charge' since at least season 6. The scene on the streets in Koreatown was much the same as the scene in the desert in Pirates of the Third Reich. Nick was the lead CSI there and was directing a search for evidence.

The one I always though was out of place in Koreatown was Hodges. There wasn't really any need to have him out in the field again. If they are going to make his character hate it so much why keep putting him there. I really think he would have been better put to use at PD doing what Greg was doing. That was not a job best done by a level 3 (yes I think Greg is already a level 3). It was a rather menial task that you give the underlings, after all I'm pretty sure that 90% to 95% of those people had no blood on them.

By the way - Yes I'm a Nick fan. But I would rather have what we got of Nick than have him doing something that is not a benefit of the seniority and status of the character just for face time.

Susan

8. Criminologist86

I don't think Hodges entirely hates being in the field...he's just a lab rat that's not cut out for it...I think secretly Hodges likes being out in the field, but he's best suited, and I stand by this, in the lab, and only in the lab.

Kimbo08 I LOVE your comment: "Got all prissy and pranced her butt back to the lab" That perfectly describes Riley at this point....a princess who thinks just because she's a bigshot level 2 that she deserves all the respect of the established, well seasoned CSI's in the lab.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  9. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I thought the Riley stuff was strange. She's supposed to have come from St. Louis which has a high crime rate, like any other big city, so what's with the attitude here and with Grissom? There's such a thing as trying too hard to contrast the newbie and "I'm in charge" Nick.

Speaking of Nick, I'll bet they're concentrating on Grissom's face time (Emmy, are you listening?), and then, when that CSI (his favorite boss) leaves, Nick will finally be overcome by his collective grief.

I think though the storylines are good so far, the writing has been a little forced. I can't wait until Weddle's and Thompson's scripting begins (later this season); those guys can put a great (and a little more subtle) story together!

10. Criminologist86

I cannnot agree more...even if I wanted to...I love the idea of Nick just breaking down (I mean, I don't LOVE it but ya'll know what I mean), it's like he's holding it all in (still dealing with Warrick's death and the newbie who is in his boss' face, etc) and I think Grissom (whom I think he really loves and looks up to) leaves it'll be a breaking point for Nicky...We shall see!

Sometimes I wish I could get inside writer's heads and influence them....*sigh* Oh well, I shall go back to tapping TPTB.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ i really wouldn't want to see too much of Nick breaking down anymore. i mean, we've seen the guy cry more than Sara, lol. i think it was a nice thing for TPTB to do, not to make Nick cry like crazy after Warrick died. it would be too much imo. i like the fact that we see him evolve, toughen up so to speak. he's been through so much that it was unexpected and interesting to see him more in control. and besides, he had his moment when he was pointing gun at McKeen, so i think that was enough.

12. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I think it will be a case that will break our boy...just like Gumdrops he got too involved and lost it with a suspect...he will crack but when? I do not want to see him sit down and cry...he has toughened up and I love the new Nick.But what I would much rather see is Nick getting hurt due to the new girl's attitude problem, it would give her some realization that she still has things to learn and would give our Nicky some good acting time....don't shoot him just let him get hurt...maybe a snakebite or an explosion...give us something!Please!

13. Criminologist86

Adzix: I never thought about it like that, and I suppose you are right ;p
    I still think that the death of Warrick will come back to haunt everyone in their own way...it might not be obvious (ie: a huge break down) but I think in little tweaky ways it'll happen.

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

A little OT: I totally understand what you mean Adzix, but this tragedy should ahve provoked some emotion. Yes, he toughened up, but TPTB could have had just one episdoe of him breaking down. He did point the gun at McKeen, but I just think it's unrealistic character wise to have Grissom showing more emotion over Warrick's death than Nick. Nick and Warrick were best friends so it just doesn't make sense to me.

Back On: Yeah Riley just needs to simmer. I like the character alot, but I thought the way she reacted to Grissom PROTECTING her from a possible law suit, and the way Nick was attempting to keep the peace between the woman with the gun and the officers, was ridiculous. It's still her first month with the team. IMO she should just hush and listen. Observe.

I can understand why the kid did what he did. I wouldn't say the mother deserved it, cause I don't think abyone deserves death, but I can get why he did it. At least in Juvie he would get the probper health care that he needs. Heathe care that he definately wouldn't be able to get from his Mother.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Awwww...but David Rambo himself said a 'cathartic breakdown wouldn't be Nick'.

Okay, so Nick is robot then. He's got no emotions whatsoever...

Okay I get it..of course this is coming from the GSR God (as he's been called) so what would he know?