"Say Uncle" Discussion *SPOILERS*

I think Riley's scene with Grissom was put there because she's supposed to have authority figure issues (probably stems to her parents being shrinks and always second guessing her).

I watched the ep a second time and Catherine was in it more than I thought (I had taken some meds for my cold, so I was a little out of it Thursday night). :lol: I had forgotten she was in the alt lab scene. :lol:

Something I didn't mention before that I liked was the scene where Greg and Archie were looking at the dead woman's myspace page or something and noticed she was doing drug buys/sells through it. Archie said something about it and then Greg said: "Welcome to the dark side of social networking." :lol:

Yeah that's true. I totally forgot the fact that she is supposed to have issues with authority. Even as a new fan of Riley, I wanted to smack her for her back sass to Grissom and for her freaking out when the gun was drawn. I mean, in Las Vegas, they should really go over some hypothetical scenarios with some of these new CSI's because it seems that every season someone is getting either a gun drawn on them or getting shot at. That way they won't be so surprised ;).

I agree with the hypothetical scenario deal. I mean, cops in training have to go through those sort of tests before going out in the field. Why shouldn't CSIs? Especially when said CSIs carry weapons.

A Fan's Review on "Say Uncle"

To the fan who wrote that Grissom is of no use to his team now, not much of a leader of late – he is done and its time for him to go – you were wrong!! He is still a great!!

In this episode, Grissom is taking hold of this life again. Although it was obvious that he was hiding his real feelings. But he has again proven his ability as a crime solver. Here we see the “fatherly side” of Grissom. For the first time we see him dealing directly with a young victim, Catherine had always said that Grissom is not good with dealing with people – she was wrong. In Season 9, episode 1, Warrick in a video had said that if he could pick his own father, he would have picked Grissom. Sara who was with Grissom at that time and had looked at him sadly!!

I have strong feeling that in episode 7 when Natalie West’s case comes for hearing, there is going to be a shocking surprise!!

At the end of the episode we see a sad Grissom who regrets solving the case – Grissom has really changed. He is someone who speaks on behalf of the dead and has never empathized with the murderer. His heart goes out for the boy. There is no joy in solving this case. This boy had suffered all his life and the only time he had a real power when he held the gun. And now he is going to spent what is left of his live in juvenile detention.

By the way in this episode, they got the dates wrong. The boy was found 2 days after his uncle and mother were killed. When Grissom collected the boy’s fingernail scrapings the evidence envelop was labelled 11/13/2008. That means this mother and uncle was killed on the 11/11/2008 but the evidence box which held the victim’s clothing was labelled 11/06/2008!!

Last edited:
Good analysis I agree with everything you said.. right on:thumbsup:he's getting some resolution form helping things & people that are in his control, rather then not. He's a stellar actor, and he's showing is disinterest in being a CSI, and this will lead up to his departure:cool:

I read in the news items that the episode is airing an hour later. Can I ask why?

I have no idea. The repeat last week was on at 10:00 as well. Seems they've flipped time slots with The Mentalist these two weeks. Maybe they are trying to get people to check it out while they're in repeats.

Back