S6 - the most uneven seasons of all? S7 - speculations....

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by S_Bright, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bolero

Bolero Hit and Run

Re: S6 - the most uneven seasons of all? S7 - speculations.

I'm glad you were happy with it. My post was not meant to dismiss your opinion but mearly explain why I was less than pleased with it.

I wouldn't have liked that much either. I would have preferred something similar to what CSI:NY did where the main case was directly linked to the character in peril. The way LV did it, it appeared almost like Brass was an afterthought. To me it felt disjointed.

I'm not impatient, mearly annoyed with false advertisment from the promos. And as I've said above I doubt we'll see much fallout from this based on their track record so far. I hope I'm proven wrong in Season 7 tho.

By low key I meant that the previous season finales (save for GD) felt more like regular episodes rather than character!in!peril! garbage that every other show feels the need to do, which is starting to feel contrived. Again, JMO but I preferred season 4's ending, an interesting case that was well developed and moved at a good pace along with some nice character moments.

Pointless? You posted an opinion on a discussion board and I replied, just because we disagree hardly means there's nothing of value being touched on. And for the record I wasn't trying to sway you or change your opinions. You mentioned in your original post that you believed that people hated WtG because of GSR, and I only wanted to show you what my reasons were, to give you somebody else's perspective. Please do not dismiss me in that manner.

2. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Sigh.
    Actually, Still Life was the one... err... Can't remember at the moment. I Like to Watch (airing this Thursday in America, btw) was the one with the camera guys. Grissom was gone from Gum Drops because Billy Petersen's nephew died in a motorcycle accident. WMI (Warrick's Marriage Issues) actually took place in Bang Bang, true. Which was part 1.
    Okay, what was to investigate in Brass's death? They KNEW who did it and why, they had the gun and all the evidence they needed. Honestly, they had the SWAT team as witnesses. A case can't get much more closed than that.
    The cliffhangers are not actually that obvious. Warrick's marriage, Grissom and Sara's relationship, Catherine's treatment of her daughter Lindsey...
    Warrick was on the crazy party dude with the heart condition of death case. Yeah, that whole thing got like, -3 seconds.
    Yeah, Grissom did make the decision. I'm guessing his thought process went something like this... "Hmmmmmmmm, leave him to die or grant the doctors permission to a slightly risky surgery that may save his life. Yeah, let's do the surgery."
    Unforgettable episode? Um, I dunno about you? But the thing with the guy with the 19-inch waist? Freaked me out. And it didn't help that David the Emergency Backup Coroner had to keep stabbing him with the thermometer trying to stumble across his misplaced liver, either. Warrick's plot (his 40-second plot, I know) raised a moral issue: confronted with a seemingly inescapable and fatal disease, would you take your own life? Yes, besides Brass and the GSR, that was a pretty memorable episode.
    And FYI? Grissom isn't about to admit being good friends with someone in front of anyone except for Catherine or maybe Sara. ESPECIALLY not in front of Greg. That's just not the way he is.
    And the GSR yes-no-maybe groups thing? I know. But it's what's on the show, and if they don't like it, I don't give a flying rat's rump. Because if they're only watching the show for the science? Watch Forensics Files. And the Discovery Channel. And if they're only watching it for their ship? They can head off to Grey's Anatomy, where every doctor leaps into bed with every other one. It's an easy switch, it's in the same timeslot.
    As for the giving-credit-for-the-trying-of-new-things? Totally. TPTB are taking huge risks with these episodes, so don't treat them like monsters. They're like Grissom's experiments.
    Okay, now? Leaving this thread. Before my Debate Overdrive kicks in and things get super nasty.

3. Sandle_Luver

Sandle_Luver Witness

Ughh...S6...Yuckyness

Well, most of it anyway, except for Rashomama, ABRTI, Bang Bang, Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye, and Gum Drops

4. Bolero

Bolero Hit and Run

Has anybody seen the CBS upfronts on their webpage? If you click on the pdf file for CSI a picture of the diner pops up with a listing of the cast. They've included Louise Lombard and have GE listed before GD.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well there was a post orginially before this one, but since it was deleted here is what I said regarding Wallace and Louise.

You have to look below the diner picture toward the bottom, here is what it says for the cast list:

William Petersen | Gill Grissom
    Marg Helgenberger | Catherine Willows
    George Eads | Nick Stokes
    Jorja Fox | Sara Sidle
    Gary Dourdan | Warrick Brown
    Paul Guilfoyle | Capt. Jim Brass
    Robert David Hall | Dr. Robbins
    Eric Szmanda | Greg Sanders
    Louise Lombard | Sofia Curtis

But I get the feeling this is just an old list they put up there, since Louise's character is Det. Sofia Curtis, one would think if they listed Brass as Capt. Then they would get her title write, instead they have as when sofia was a CSI. Not to mention that Wallace isn't listed and he was made a regular.

6. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

i think season 6 was the hardest for all the cast because of Billys loss and that prolly put a damper on the vibe on set and i think that the producers tried lost of different and unexpected things this season and yea some didnt work and they really need to make up for that in season seven and i have much faith that they will.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Since the actors contracts are up after S7, it is Season 7 that we will have to worry about someone being killed off. Since we don't know who will/or won't resign.

8. Bolero

Bolero Hit and Run

Except it strikes me as odd that CBS would put an out of date upfront for their biggest show on their own webpage. Also if you look at the ones for the other shows there are other oddities (Criminal Minds being one).

Or maybe I'm giving CBS too much credit. :D

9. Destiny

:lol: I would go with too much credit, I mean look at the character bio's you would think they would at least update those to resemble what we know even a little bit.

Sometimes shows use previous stuff, especially if they are creating new stuff or holding off to reveal something better. who knows with the network, it produces good idea's and great shows, beyond that its just plain a mystery. :)

10. Destiny

Okay moving on to the orginial reason this topic was created to speculate on what season 7 might or might not hold. ;)

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Hopefully it will clear up all of the cliffhangers that season 6 left including the whole Warrick/Catherine thing and the GSR thing.

12. melbel

melbel Pathologist

i have like 5 eps left of s6 so i cant comment on this

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought it was great. You guys are too picky.

14. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

15. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

http://www.tvguide.com/news/ausiello/askausiello
    I was definitely the one who kept asking about CSI^^^hehe

No replacement for William Peterson??? I thought a big name was supposed to come in while he was absent. What's going on? And talking to the dead?
    For some reason, I'm beginning to lose my faith in some of these spoilers... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.