Ryan Wolfe and Eric Delko

Armen

Victim
I am new on this forum but I think the only hardcore fan of csi miami from denmark, and I have a deeply desire to see the relationship between Ryan and eric get better.

For instance the friendship between Nick and warrick is a good example.
I would love to see them come closer and become good friends.
I know that eric and horatio is already really close, and that Ryan and eric havn't had the best memories together cause Ryan mostly likes to screw things up, however they episode nailed, we saw a climpse, at the end when eric picked ryan up

Am I the only one thinking this? Cause I really like Ryan and feels pity for him and the times where he screws things up. I think this would be a good boost for mr. wolfe.;)

I tend to think that Eric & Ryan will always have thier moments, good & bad. It's a very "brotherly" relationship, IMO, & with that comes boys being boys & being competitive. For the most part, I think they are somewhat friends & "close" to a certain extent but that they just aren't the most compatable on the job.

I enjoy the moments when they act like they like each other, but I also enjoy thier little tiffs too because it's more realistic in the way a real work environment is.

Ryan may not have Eric's full support & trust, but he seems to always have it from Horatio - & Calleigh at times, & even Natalia at times - that's better than having no one at all.

They do act like brothers with the fights. Reminds me of me and my brother, though I'm female. :lol: I'll say something and he's always trying to argue with me about it (he's a know it all or thinks he knows it all lol). That's exactly what I thought of in that Ryan/Eric scene in "Head Case". :lol:

They do act like brothers with the fights. Reminds me of me and my brother, though I'm female. :lol: I'll say something and he's always trying to argue with me about it (he's a know it all or thinks he knows it all lol). That's exactly what I thought of in that Ryan/Eric scene in "Head Case". :lol:
I sometimes think their disagreements are a lot more mean spirited than brothers or brothers and sisters.They try to be friendly,but it really doesn't take much to set Eric off.It makes me wonder if Eric is doing little more than tolerating Ryan.

Well I just can't see that brothers stuff between these two.
Their arguments are too much and if they had actually been acting like brothers, Eric wouldn't have jumped that easily on conclusions when he thoguth Ryan was responsible for H's murder. I'm sure you wouldn't think your brother was a killer, if you were Eric in that situation.
IMHO, that was a little bit too much from Eric.

Maybe Ryan's wants his trust, but I jsut can't see Eric completely trusting him.
Plus whenever Ryan wants to help Eric, Eric always gets mad.

I just love when they look friendly, while I can't stand them when they argue, especially Eric.

My take and opinion:

I think it all started just with the fact that Ryan was replacing Speedle so that already made Eric a bit defensive towards him. I think that with time Eric would've been more accepting of him but Ryan kind of became a little cocky and did a couple of things too eagerly to get ahead so that barrier between them was kept there. Later on they've had a couple of nice moments like when Eric picked him up at the hospital in Nailed and it was evident that Ryan was worried about Eric in DeLuca Motel. So I think that this "thing" between them is a little less strong now but at the same time it's still there. It's my honest opinion that I like how it's been handled cause we usually have the guys be really close (Warrick/Nick, Flack/Danny) and Miami has done it differently between Ryan and Eric and it's been interesting to watch how they react to each other cause we never really know what to expect. At the same time I'm glad they haven't gone completely to the extreme as to make them enemies and bitter rivals cause that would just suck big time. So I think it is interesting to see them dissagree from time to time but at the same time when the big stuff has happened they've left it behind and have supported each other.

Well I just can't see that brothers stuff between these two.
Their arguments are too much and if they had actually been acting like brothers, Eric wouldn't have jumped that easily on conclusions when he thoguth Ryan was responsible for H's murder. I'm sure you wouldn't think your brother was a killer, if you were Eric in that situation.
IMHO, that was a little bit too much from Eric.

Maybe Ryan's wants his trust, but I jsut can't see Eric completely trusting him.
Plus whenever Ryan wants to help Eric, Eric always gets mad.

I just love when they look friendly, while I can't stand them when they argue, especially Eric.
I feel pretty much the same as you do.

My take and opinion:

I think it all started just with the fact that Ryan was replacing Speedle so that already made Eric a bit defensive towards him. I think that with time Eric would've been more accepting of him but Ryan kind of became a little cocky and did a couple of things too eagerly to get ahead so that barrier between them was kept there. Later on they've had a couple of nice moments like when Eric picked him up at the hospital in Nailed and it was evident that Ryan was worried about Eric in DeLuca Motel. So I think that this "thing" between them is a little less strong now but at the same time it's still there. It's my honest opinion that I like how it's been handled cause we usually have the guys be really close (Warrick/Nick, Flack/Danny) and Miami has done it differently between Ryan and Eric and it's been interesting to watch how they react to each other cause we never really know what to expect. At the same time I'm glad they haven't gone completely to the extreme as to make them enemies and bitter rivals cause that would just suck big time. So I think it is interesting to see them dissagree from time to time but at the same time when the big stuff has happened they've left it behind and have supported each other.
Eric showed very little inclination toward accepting Ryan, there was always that underlying tension.I've never been one of those people that thought Ryan replaced Tim,but fulfilled a need of the team, and at some point in all these years, Eric should have realized that.Eric made mistakes and was a bit cocky in the earlier seasons,but he is not so forgiving when it comes to Ryan,so the barrier remains.
Some of Ryan's cockiness was to make him self look good,but I think he was also looking for acceptance,and the team could and should have helped with that. They don't have to be the best of friends to work together,but Eric sometimes carries it too far ,the anger isn't always justified.

I sometimes think their disagreements are a lot more mean spirited than brothers or brothers and sisters.They try to be friendly,but it really doesn't take much to set Eric off.It makes me wonder if Eric is doing little more than tolerating Ryan.

Well, if you knew my brother, you'd understand why I said that. He's very mean-spirited a lot of the time. If he uses a word that I've never heard for example (because he reads more than I do) he'll call me stupid or something to that effect. :lol:

I personally think they all need some anger management counseling. Actually, I think that should be mandatory in schools too, especially high schools. I mean, you've got kids killing or attacking other kids for the dumbest of reasons... just getting angered over one comment or something.

But, Eric... I think he's trying, I really do, but I think sometimes he just lets things get to him too much. I mean this time, he was clearly upset because the suspect with amnesia reminded him of his amnesia and I think he's still quite angry about being shot. Of course that's not Ryan's fault, but Ryan was there at the time and Eric just ended up taking it out on him. :lol: Even Calleigh thought Eric was projecting too much of his past problems into the situation. And that prompted an angry "Are you taking his side?" from Eric. :lol:

Last edited:
greatfan
Eric showed very little inclination toward accepting Ryan, there was always that underlying tension.I've never been one of those people that thought Ryan replaced Tim,but fulfilled a need of the team.Eric made mistakes and was a bit cocky in the earlier seasons,but he is not so forgiving when it comes to Ryan,so the barrier remains.
Some of Ryan's cockiness was to make him self look good,but I think he was also looking for acceptance,and the team could and should have helped with that. They don't have to be the best of friends to work together,but Eric sometimes carries it too far ,the anger isn't always justified.

I'm not saying that Eric showed inclination towards accepting him but that maybe when he was about to Ryan's behavior changed. I too think he was looking for acceptance and that's precisely why I think Eric was kind of annoyed by it. Plus I agree that Ryan fulfilled a need of the team and that it was necessary for him to come aboard, still for Eric he was just the guy who came after his friend was shot. I think that Eric's behaviour at the beginning would've been the same if it were Ryan or someone else just because it was the guy who came because his friend was dead. Later on though well they've both have had their share of blame when it comes to their relationship not working 100% as best buds. Still I find it much more interesting this way.

I agree that Eric would have acted that way towards anyone who came in after Tim died (except for maybe if it had been a pretty girl or something lol). But, I sometimes get the feeling that Eric and Ryan are alike in some ways and that maybe why they butt heads so often. I mean they have their differences, but both can be cocky and competitive and whatnot. Sometimes when two people are alike they clash with each other. I guess a shrink would probably say they have issues within themselves ie: they couldn't be friends with themselves. :lol:

greatfan
Eric showed very little inclination toward accepting Ryan, there was always that underlying tension.I've never been one of those people that thought Ryan replaced Tim,but fulfilled a need of the team.Eric made mistakes and was a bit cocky in the earlier seasons,but he is not so forgiving when it comes to Ryan,so the barrier remains.

I'm not saying that Eric showed inclination towards accepting him but that maybe when he was about to Ryan's behavior changed. I too think he was looking for acceptance and that's precisely why I think Eric was kind of annoyed by it. Plus I agree that Ryan fulfilled a need of the team and that it was necessary for him to come aboard, still for Eric he was just the guy who came after his friend was shot. I think that Eric's behaviour at the beginning would've been the same if it were Ryan or someone else just because it was the guy who came because his friend was dead. Later on though well they've both have had their share of blame when it comes to their relationship not working 100% as best buds. Still I find it much more interesting this way.
I don't expect their relationship to work as best buds,but the fact that Eric was ready to accuse him of helping murder Horatio speaks volumes.Yes,they both have had some blame when it comes to their relationship not working,but Eric still is quick to anger,and it is not always justified.
I personally think they all need some anger management counseling.
I've always felt this was needed.I often wonder if this issue was discussed during Eric's therapy sessions.

But, I sometimes get the feeling that Eric and Ryan are alike in some ways and that maybe why they butt heads so often. I mean they have their differences, but both can be cocky and competitive and whatnot.
Interesting observation.They do have a lot of characteristics in common.

Last edited:
I agree with you, greatfan. I think both guys have been through a lot. Ryan with the nail in his eye and other issues, Eric losing his friend, his sister and almost his own life. I just get annoyed that the writers can't seem to make up their minds. I mean there was on ep where Ryan referred to Eric as his friend to a suspect. I think it might have been when Eric was shot and Ryan said, "this person shot a friend of mine, so tell me what I need to know" or something along those lines. And then in Deluca Motel, Ryan mentioned that he and Eric get together and hang out outside of work, which indicates that there is some kind of semblance of a friendship there. And then a few episodes later, Eric's biting Ryan's head off over a difference of opinion on a case (mostly because it reminded Eric of his own amnesia). I just wish the writers would quit the see-sawing on it. :lol: I guess there's kind of two "will they or won't they" situations going on in this show. There's the E/C will they or won't they get together then there's the Eric/Ryan will they or won't they be friends. :lol: It's a bit annoying. Just pick one already. :lol:

At first I could understand Eric's anger towards Ryan. Ryan was the guy who replaced his best friend, who had died just some weeks before Ryan's arrival.
When Ryan first arrived Horatio asked him to show his gun so that he knew whether he's guy could repeat Speed's mistake or not. IMO that's why lot of poeple hated Ryan at first (actually, I was one of them even if I didn't like Speed that much, at the time).

Obviously Ryan entering in a wounded team like that one in that way wasn't the best way to introduce him and to get a real good friendship between Delko and him.
Plus Ryan was very young and sometimes he was cocky e.g. when he stole the gun from Eric's hand just to show H that he was the one who found it.
This kind of behaviour didn't help that much their friendship and we also know that Eric had lots of psichological problems since Speed's death.
So I think that it was pretty normal for Eric not to accept Ryan and I felt like Eric at the time.

During s4 they slowly became more mature and the were able to cope with eachother. Even during the mole thing Eric never suspected Ryan as Ryan never suspected Eric.

I do think that Ryan sees Eric has a friend since "Man Down" when he told the shooter "you shot my friend" and also after the scene at the hospital or while he was waiting for the DNA results. He also tried to help Eric when he was having double vision trouble in "Triple Threat" and obviously Eric got mad, as always :rolleyes: . So yeah Ryan Wolfe wants to be his friend, but, at the same time he knows they will never be friends. Still he goes on helping him.

As for Eric I thought he was slowing going better with Ryan, but gosh things changed and in a bad way.
Honestly, I've never seen Eric hepling Ryan except for the little trip to the ER in "Nailed".
When he had his gambling problems, his eye troubles and stuff like that...Eric was never there for Ryan. It was H, Calleigh and Alexx...always one of these 3 people. Not once Eric.
IMO, this kinda prooves how Eric is still far from being Ryan's friend, even if they hang out as coworkers in a bar or something like this.

Plus the fact he suspected Ryan was responsible for H's murder...well that was pretty serious.
Nobody had the slightest suspect towards Ryan. Nobody but Eric. Why??? Is he really a good friend of Ryan? No, I don't think so and I just can't see them hainging out or going to see a baseball match or stuff like that as buddies.
IDK whether Eric is still thinking of his true friendship with Speed or not, but I just can't see them being friends.
I'd also like to rember that Ryan helped H twice in his career.
Firstly when he helped him in finding the mole and then for his fake death.
Maybe Eric is jelous (well he also showed he was jelous) and that's just a little bit immature from Eric, but we also know that Eric has never been King Mature :p

I also do agree about the fact that some of their arguments are just too stupid and that they both need some anger management counseling.

Florry86
Plus the fact he suspected Ryan was responsible for H's murder...well that was pretty serious.
Nobody had the slightest suspect towards Ryan. Nobody but Eric. Why???

Just to point out that at one moment Calleigh also suspected. When they called the number on the screen and Ryan picked up both Eric and her went to comfront him. Ryan told Eric to relax because it was not how it looked and Calleigh responded "Really? Because it looks like you and Caldwell are responsible for Horatio's murder." Then Ryan told her "Really? Cause you're wrong." And she answered "He texted you It's done". Ryan anwered he was following orders and Eric asked him from who and he said from Horatio. Right there Calleigh said she didn't believe anything he was saying. So even if she wasn't as quick as Eric to suspect Ryan she did doubt him.

Just to point out that at one moment Calleigh also suspected. When they called the number on the screen and Ryan picked up both Eric and her went to comfront him. Ryan told Eric to relax because it was not how it looked and Calleigh responded "Really? Because it looks like you and Caldwell are responsible for Horatio's murder." Then Ryan told her "Really? Cause you're wrong." And she answered "He texted you It's done". Ryan anwered he was following orders and Eric asked him from who and he said from Horatio. Right there Calleigh said she didn't believe anything he was saying. So even if she wasn't as quick as Eric to suspect Ryan she did doubt him.
Calleigh wasn't ready to suspect until there looked as if there was damning evidence against Ryan.She says "It looks as if",not "You did it".
Eric came right out and said almost from the start,"It was Wolfe".

Back