Ryan/Natalia-- The unwanted love?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by gregsgirl89, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

I agree completely. I can totally feel the writers hinting more and more that it's coming sooner or later. IT'S INEVITABLE! lol.

I also see a lot more fans of the show agreeing now, =), YAYNESS!

Safe to say this is becoming less and less of "the unwanted love."

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I agree all of you. For some season I've never been able to put Nat and Eric together, IMO they just don't fit.
    As for Ryan, I've seen many tries to put him and Calleigh together but in my head they also don't fit.
    But Ryan and Natalia are just fitting to each other so well... and I don't mean not only in a romantic way... I mean their friendship. They both are just too cute :adore:
    But it might be just me...

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

I liked the idea of C/R for quite a long time; but around season 7 it started to wear off. I felt the writers wrote her relationship with Ryan badly and where once they had a cute and flirty banter...it turned sour at that point. I was not at all fond of Calleigh after that. I started to realize that Natalia and Ryan had a much stronger friendship; even through some of their rough patches they seemed to support each other and could get beyond each others shortcomings. The last couple of years I can see that this has only made a much closer relationship possible; through their trust and forgiveness. :)

4. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

That's exactly what I was thinking.
    I don't know but back in season 3 Calleigh seemed to be more opened towards Ryan, like showed bit more friendship-like relationship. But since Natalia came across I saw her more of a friend for Ryan than Calleigh or someone else.

But how Ryan showed his concern for Nat in season 8 after the explosion... That was just priceless. I just couldn't stop giggling :)
    I think that was first time in longer period where I saw so much of pure care and worry over someone on show. And I was glad that Natalia understood even though Ryan acted so harsh. On the other hand, something similar I saw in season 4 when Ryan got nail in his eye and he got barked at to get him to see doctor.
    Maybe I'm taking this too much but it's just me, can't help:)
    I've always seen characters deeper than they're shown and despite some rough moments I believe them.
    Well in this case Ryan and Natalia.

(well the last sounded weird but I still wrote it. ahh me and my way of seeing things...)

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree with Slower. I used to love the Calleigh and Ryan dynamic. They had flirty and fun banter, and although I could see there potential as a couple, I enjoyed them as friends. But over the last few seasons that unfortunately seems to have vanished. Now Ryan seems closer to Natalia, and they have a very genuine, sweet friendship. I wouldnt mind this being taken further at some point, but for now I want to see more of that friendship.

6. Gooniegirl3333

I felt like at the beginning of this season, the writers were purposely strengthening this shipper. But after tonight's episode, I feel like they're purposely trying to kill it.

Ugh...

7. slower

slower Lab Technician

I don't think that is the case at all. Like I said in the Togo thread; there was a moment after Molly asked Ryan to coffee that he looked over at Natalia. I think TPTB sees the potential for a Nat/Ryan romance and are teasing with us. :lol:

8. Gooniegirl3333

I hope that's the case. Though, if it is, I'm not pleased they're using Leven in that manner. Her character deserves prevalence, not the label of a wrench being thrown in.

At least Ryan was the one who, for the most part, sounded the alarm when Natalia went missing, =).

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

GG- I dont think there is any need to worry. (although I havent actually watched the episode yet!) Lab rats in Miami disappear at an alarming rate, and im sure I saw something saying that the actress was a very busy lady. So I doubt it will last.
    So Ryan was the one who noticed Nat was missing? Shows he is very close to her.

10. Gooniegirl3333

Without spoiling too much, he keeps calling her and leaving messages. I could tell he was like "Guys, this ISN'T normal!" lol. A bit of hinted continuity with that.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Good. I never liked that about WISC (well, that was one of the things I didnt like!) the fact that Ryan couldnt be reached, and no-one seemed to care. Im glad it was him that looked more closely into it.

12. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Yay! A RaiN thread? :D I'm in heaven! :adore:

I must admit, I'm one of those people who saw that moment in About Face (the look to Natalia after Molly asks him out) - and squealed! :lol:

I've been wanting it to RaiN in bucket loads since season 4! I instantly fell in love with the pairing! Cannot wait for TPTB to realise their potential!!!!

Sigh.....let it RaiN, let it pour, no single Ryan, anymore :luvlove: :hugegrin::hugegrin::hugegrin:

13. Gooniegirl3333

Welcome, Mel!

I'm seriously going to have to watch that moment again... I'm still not feeling the RaiN, lol.

IDK, I guess to me it felt more like an artistic way of shifting moments? Gah, I'll try again.

BTW: Leven Rambin on twitter mentioned in next week's ep, she and Ryan go on a mission together? As much as I appreciate her and her character, I seriously hope her pairing them in the sentence was a joke... o_O.

(Nothing against Molly. I love her character. I just think the connection is missing...)

14. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Thanks GG!

I don't know, maybe it could have meant to be an "artistic shift" but the way Jon portrayed it made me feel like Ryan felt some longing to Natalia :) Major RaiN moment if you squint :)

Oh come on! Molly in the feild already? Really?! :shifty: As a die-hard RaiN fan, I gotta say I'm not a fan of this. I'm not Molly's biggest fan - mainly cause of the "forcefulness" of her and Ryan's relationship.

Unless she has a legit excuse to be on this "mission" then I'm not happy :( Gah, when will they put RaiN together?!?!?!?!??!?!

Having read wayyyy too many RaiN fics - (Including an awesome one by the one and only Gooniegirl3333 ;)) - I seriously think TPTB should match 'em up!!!!

15. Gooniegirl3333

Shhh! lol. Thanks. :alienblush:

So, since it looks like this super-couple is currently left up to our own imagination at the moment, is there anything anyone would like to see in terms of their growing relationship?

Basically stating: what are your hopes and dreams for them? A sudden realization of feelings? A hidden relationshp that randomly comes out in the open? A slow progressive friendship that's never clearly defined? A case that hits close to home for one of them and therefore bringing them closer?

(Trying to start a convo here! Work with me!)