Ryan/Jonathan #10: RAWR

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by twiztid4togo, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Re: Ryan/Jonathan #10 RAWR

Oh I deleted most of my PMs for you Twiz ;) I had 198 messages. I thought the limit was 200? Oh well :)

I love his eyes in the promo pic Mrs_Togo. Thank you :D

2. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

I voted for "The Atack of the Togo Clones". I couldn't help, I was ROFLMAO. That one was really cute and funny...

Some number of posts to go...

3. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Eyes! *falls on the floor*

There's a close up of his eye from Urban Hellraisers, and if you blow the pic up big, you can see the reflection of a person in it. His eyes are beautiful, though.
    WolfeEye

4. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

whoa ... that pic ...*keep staring at it for minutes* uhm... uhm ... *speechless*

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I've voted for my favourite. :D

I totally agree with you. I really can't see it, as you said he likes control in his life, in fact, his life seems very controlled. :lol: If you have a gambling problem your life becomes very uncontrolled, unorganised and left to chance. I can't see Ryan taking many risks - Well, not enough of them to spiral into a gambling addiction. If TPTB decide to go down that road, it really wouldn’t sit right with me at all. I'll not be happy.

I agree, I also think it was a lot more harder than it should've been when he came on board. I will say, I think Horatio was very supportive of Ryan from the off. I loved the scene at end of 'Under The influence', when Horatio asked Calleigh how Ryan got on and Calleigh said 'Surprisingly well, but you already knew that?'. Also, when Ryan did make any small mistakes Horatio understood, for example in 'One Night Stand' when Horatio asked if he took down the number plate, and he didn't. I think out of everyone Horatio treated Ryan as you would expect to be treated when you're a newbie. I think everyone else initially found it quite hard to accept him. Maybe because Ryan does come across with an awful lot of confidence, which can appear as if he does know everything.

6. inge

inge CSI Level Two

^ I agree, Horatio supported him his own Horatio-like way.
    the scene in 'one night stand' is even better when you watch it in German. He calls him 'Ryan' there and that makes the scene sweeter. ;)

I also like 'addiction', the scene with the tie. Horatio didn't accuse him, he showed him to be more accurate with evidence.

I know, I wrote a long time ago that Horatio didn't help him with the mole. Well, after thinking about it and reading a great fic (Below expections) I changed my opinion. Horatio trusts him enough to know that ryan can handle it alone. The writer of the fic solved it this way: Horatio gave him a chance to prove to his co-workers that he's good enough for the job and this way he can get rid of his insecurity and doesn't feel like a replacement.

there's of course the possibility that Horatio's support happened totally off screen.

7. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Yeah...good explenations here guys, we have really good discussions in this thread. The Ryan being jealous of Natalia one was briljant, and I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. :confused:

That could totally explain everything to me. I have another explenation though, and I hope it makes sense.

Ryan has been spending half season 4 bringing down the mole, trying to figure out who it was. Then it turns out it is Natalia, a woman he liked (?) and went out with. (I shall not mention the fact that mexican wrestling doesn't sound like a date to me. Oh dear, now I did it anyway! :lol:)

So he trusted Natalia, and then she was the mole. He thought she was gonna get fired (probably like most of us) and she would be gone, but she gets promoted, and (in my opinion) treated better than Ryan did when he was new. So he is:

1) jealous of Natalia for being treated better.
    2) mad at her for being the mole and not being fired and maybe even
    3) afraid she might take his place in the team.

I mean, when Ryan first came to the lab, Eric hated him, Calleigh...well I'm not totally uninfluenced on this one ( :D), and Horatio seemed to throw him in the deep water, despite what you mentioned Inge. Oh, and Alexx couldn't stand him. When Natalia came, she almost immediately had something with Eric, Calleigh was nice to her etc. That could be something. Or not.

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yeah, I was going to mention that scene. He was so cute there!! All sad because he didn't find it! *sighs* I miss the newbie side of Ryan sometimes. (the headless autopsy! :lol:)

Nikki, I can add to the list. Since Natalia was stupid enough to be a mole, he had to go around trying to figure out who is was. He had to test other people, including Alexx who got really upset.

Aw thats totally true!! Poor Ryan!! Maybe he treats Natalia like that because he doesn't know any better. He was some what treated like that, so why should he treat Natalia any different.

P.S AliGtr, thanks for that eye picture! :eek: His eyes are so gorgeous! *drool*

9. szmandatogoholic

I see something reflected in his eye. It looks like an algorithm... or something like that.

I'm going to go and change my siggy now...

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

Great discussion everyone! :D

I think the real reason why Ryan's upset with Natalia could be boiled down to 2 things:

1. He still feels betrayed. He did all that work to expose her as the mole and now it seemed to have been rendered worthless and pointless b/c of the lab's easy acceptance of her into CSI. It's like this: he didn't do any kind of major screw-ups (not in my opinion anyway :p), and he had to crawl and work his a$$ off to be accepted b/c he filled in a vacant spot, while Natalia was the mole, betrayed the lab, and now she's a CSI, and they seem to be treating her just fine. It's almost as if she didn't have to suffer like he did, work her way into their trust like Ryan had to from the very beginning even though he didn't betray the lab like she did.

2. Maybe it's not what Natalia did wrong, but it's what lies underneath the team's easy acceptance of her. Maybe Ryan will always see Natalia as the mole, the same way everyone saw Ryan as (and I hate this title) Speed's replacement. Maybe he's upset b/c she was readily forgiven and given a fresh start, a clean slate without having to crawl her way into their good graces. Ryan, on the other hand, had to deal with the expectations people put on him as the replacement of a beloved man -- expectations of having to measure up to an immeasurable and irreplaceable CSI.

Do these make sense? :confused:

Okay, I'm leaving tomorrow, and I'm sooooo gonna miss everyone here and being on the MB. I'm already getting depressed b/c I'm actually gonna be missing 2 episodes of Miami b/c of this trip. *cries* :( I'll just be relying on my wallet pic to keep me sane and to fill my mind with Togo goodness. :eek: :devil:

So, if I don't get to come back here before I leave tomorrow night, then this is my farewell and take care greetings to all of you. Bye-bye, everyone! *huggles, waves, cries :(* I'm gonna miss you, and I'll see you back on the 17th - the day before my birthday! :D ;)

11. szmandatogoholic

I read about why Ryan's upset with Natalia on the CSI: Miami site- click here... can't remember where though.

It said that he's still upset with her because she was the lab mole and now she's a CSI. *shrug* It's what I read, and it makes perfect sense.

12. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I agree with you Katie about him being the one searching for the mole all season and then having to test his friends to see who it is. It really caused problems with him and Alexx who had a great relationship after a rocky start. This season we haven't been shown much Alexx and Ryan to know if they were able to patch their relationship up. SO why shouldn't he be pissed off at her. She lied to him and told him she wasn't the mole, this was even before they went out. OH and he had to slam Cooper against the wall also, which i'm sure didn't improve their bad friendship any. Him searching for the mole really made him look bad with his fellow workers. I don't blame Ryan for hating her and treating her badly. Myself I like it. I love angry sexy Ryan. I just wish they would quit making him look stupid like when he yelled at her and she was like " ah in your face I did it right." UGH
    Shadowfax have a great trip and I will miss you. I hope this vacation gives your mind a break so you can come back and write a new fic. Don't forget your pic and to look at it every chance you get....

13. szmandatogoholic

Twiz has a point... although I also don't understand a bit... I swear I have OCD or ADD or am bipolar!!

Have a great trip, Shadowfax!! Maybe you can log onto here inside an internet cafe! :p

But he has done a lot of things to try and get the mole- including showing a bit of skin for all us Togoholics when he slammed Cooper against the wall after accusing him of being the mole.

14. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

It sounds reasonable to me that he's angry with Natalia because he spent all that time looking for the mole, winding people he liked up because he had to test them, and it was someone who had assured him it wasn't her. She lied to him and she played him, just to find stuff out. :mad: I'm not surprised he finds it difficult to work with her.

I have a couple of offerings this Monday. First of all, a pretty, pretty Mondaypic. I like him in this sweater. :p

WARNING - Make sure you're sitting down, or you have somewhere soft to fall.

AliGtr's Mondaypic

[​IMG]

Credit - Random Scribblings gallery Thanks go to liten for the screencap.

My second offering is the second in my series of Ryan wallpapers. Here's a link to the lj page.

hot in orange

Hope you like it. :D

15. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

So...many...beautiful...pictures... *loses all ability to form coherent thought/sentences* galsdjoaiwgejoa

I loved the pics with the tiny little coffin. :lol: Good to see that the "Driven" shirt is making a reappearance, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the tattoo throughout the episode -- it's SOOOOO close to showing in that pic! So frustrating, lol. But what on earth are those two things sitting on the table next to Delko? They look like lightsabres, lol. :lol:

And I'll throw in my comment on what a condo is, for ya -- it's basically like an apartment building, only people technically own the individual apartments. You don't pay monthly rent; instead, you buy and sell it like you would a house. I think you may pay some condo fees once in a while though, just for things like general maintenance of the building and what-not. :D

I like that "Urban Hellraisers" pic with the reflection, I always liked that shot -- if I'm not mistaken, the reflection is of the video game he's playing. I'm pretty sure they CG'd it in. I <3 it. :D

I loved all your theories on why he's so snarky towards Natalia. I totally agree about how it's unfair that everybody totally accepted her as a new CSI even though she WAS THE FREAKING MOLE AND BETRAYED THEM ALL, meanwhile, Ryan was this amazingly knowledgeable and resourceful newbie, but they hated him because he filled a vacant position. Did the others really want to work twice as hard because they were short a staff member? No, I don't think so!

Oh, and did I mention that I love all the awesome pictures? Hmm, I think I did. But, just in case it wasn't clear the first time, I'll say it again -- "*drool*" :lol: :D

Oooh, and I love the Mondaypic, AliGtr, as well as your Orange Wallpaper (I liked the Green one, too :D). Soooo hot in orange. :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.