• The Definition Of Gorgeous

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumbled up or not GG,you have good thoughts.I have always wanted to know what makes Ryan tick,for instance if he came from a family where the parents expected a lot from their children,if he and his siblings were competitive,etc.Sometimes,all that is needed is a few well placed sentences by the characters during a conversation.
I do agree the show should be about the science,but we can receive tidbits about the characters without going overboard.

It would be nice if Ryan indeed takes the lead in a case,but I'm thinking he may realize the cases are somehow linked,and that will be it.

I agree, GG. I doesn't have to be a soap opera to show character backing... Take Vegas for example... Anyone who watches the show can notice that Catherine always gets a little bent out of shape when children are involved.... the reason behind it is simply stated by the pilot episode spending two extra seconds showing her drive home to hug her daughter. That immediately informed us that she thinks of these injured/dead children as if they could be her own, therefor, making her much more sensitive to the situation. Where as, had they not shown she had a young daughter, we wouldn't read as much into it.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, or that it was a perfect example, but you get what I'm saying? It can be shown in a subtle way. I would, more than anything, LOVE to see what makes Ryan tick. I've been hoping for that for years. I too, thought maybe this could be his breakout season, but apparently the writers just didn't lay it in the cards for him. I agree though, if they think it's going to be their last season, they shouldn't throw in the towel, they should dig HARDER. What's it going to hurt? It couldn't! IF anything, it'd simply help to answer some burning questions we've had for a long time. If the show were to end, we'd still feel empty!!

I'm writing and sending in some feedback. Maybe we should organize like last year... pick a day and bombard them once more!

You made perfect sense BBS,I remember that episode with Catherine and how she gets bent out of shape when children are involved.I think Ryan has a soft spot too for kids but we see it very rarely.

You know I like the idea of sending in feedback.What day(or several day period) would work for everyone?

GG- That all makes perfect sense to me. I would love to know what makes Ryan tick. It doesnt need to be some overblown soap opera plot either. Just a few mentions, now and then, maybe a couple of scenes with a family member. Any kind of insight into his life or upbringing would be wonderful. I dont see why the writers find it so hard to do, he is practically an empty slate.
The feedback idea is a good one.

Kristine thanks as always for the caps.:thumbsup:

I do agree with everyone who can't think of a color that Ryan can't rock!!

On the positive side for Ryan for the first part of the season is that he is back!!! The negative character tinkering (think Point of Impact) seems to be a thing of the past. He's looked better this year; more fit and trim.

The negative. Ryan seems to disappear for long periods. Just like the rest of you, I would love to see what makes Ryan tick; how he became who he is today. He needs a positive story arc showing us (for example) why did he want to become a cop and a CSI. And no more story arcs making him look corrupt or getting him in trouble (ie WISC). And we need more scenes which show off Jon's acting abilities or his spot on comedic timing.

And let me know if we decide to send in mass feedback. I like that idea:thumbsup:

Last edited:
^^
Why don't we choose Wednesday or Thursday next week to start. Hopefully that will give more posters the chance to read and catch up wit the thread.
We can mention wanting to learn more about what makes Ryan tick as well as the fact that Ryan disappears for long periods in the episode ,and wanting to see a positive story arc for Ryan.

^^
Why don't we choose Wednesday or Thursday next week to start. Hopefully that will give more posters the chance to read and catch up wit the thread.
We can mention wanting to learn more about what makes Ryan tick as well as the fact that Ryan disappears for long periods in the episode ,and wanting to see a positive story arc for Ryan.

I think that'd be a good time. For me at least it gives me time to hunt the episodes online :p

So should we address these as three different topics? Like first week, ask about backstory, next week, ask about long absences and so on (and on that one, I think we should wait a couple more episodes, and if it keeps happening maybe then we should address it.)

Sorry for the sudden question, I just get excited when organising things, especially when they involve Ryan :lol:

^^
We can address them as different topics,I like that idea. We will be able to have several weeks of sending in feedback if we seperate the topics.

Absolutely agree with you guys! I'm in. I DO love the fact he is back in character, but like you guys, DETEST he disappears for so long on screen. After watching Vegas tonight, I have to wish Miami would take a HINT. They show such strong character, and for the most part, have had extremely equal screen time. I want Ryan to have a POSITIVE episode, much like Greg's tonight. Our Ryan-centric advertised episode wasn't very 'Ryan' centric at all... they hardly showed him. The past four episodes or so, he is on for three minutes then missing for the entire middle, then back on for another two or so. It's insane... .and I really think that's my first major complaint!

Thanks for putting him IN character, but NO thanks for NOT showing him! :mad:

whoa looks like i'm missing discussion...
well since i haven't seen s9 yet i can't say anything more that you've already pointed.
yeah i really miss some more background info on Ryan and less disappearing. last week's epi was pretty empty nearly w/o Ryan (only two scenes for whole epi! come on people that's too absent).

hmm good idea about feedback sending. should be useful.
i don't know if i can manage but will try. i don't really need to see the episode to tell was Ry there much or not, i can tell that anyways:)
so that which days? don't wanna miss the chance:)

WOW so many posts already?? :eek:
wow...
we do love our guy SO MUCH :lol:

Last edited:
Right you are, BDS! We love our guy. Look at all the post--- 10 pages in 10 days! Wow. We are an awesome group... WolfePack is LOVE! :D

As for your icon, gonna say it again... like I said on twitter.. PRECIOUS! We all need to do a throw back theme one day... have retro!Ryan icons. <3

Our Ryan-centric advertised episode wasn't very 'Ryan' centric at all... they hardly showed him. The past four episodes or so, he is on for three minutes then missing for the entire middle, then back on for another two or so. It's insane... .and I really think that's my first major complaint! Thanks for putting him IN character, but NO thanks for NOT showing him! :mad:
That's my first major complaint for this season too. I'm glad we are on board with sending in feedback.I think that should actually be what our first feedback is about,the disappearing act.

Love your icon BDS

Absolutely agree with you guys! I'm in. I DO love the fact he is back in character, but like you guys, DETEST he disappears for so long on screen. After watching Vegas tonight, I have to wish Miami would take a HINT. They show such strong character, and for the most part, have had extremely equal screen time. I want Ryan to have a POSITIVE episode, much like Greg's tonight. Our Ryan-centric advertised episode wasn't very 'Ryan' centric at all... they hardly showed him. The past four episodes or so, he is on for three minutes then missing for the entire middle, then back on for another two or so. It's insane... .and I really think that's my first major complaint!

Like you, I was more than pleased with the Greg LV episode last night, but it left me wishing Ryan had this chance!

I'm completely in on this "Project Save Ryan", =). THIS time, I'll actually stay on top of things and participate with every feedback...

As for your icon, gonna say it again... like I said on twitter.. PRECIOUS! We all need to do a throw back theme one day... have retro!Ryan icons. <3

Awesome idea! More than willing to make an icon for that, yum.

Loving the icon, BDS

aww thank you guys =)
you warmed my heart=)
hmm i think that idea is great. i have some more 'retro Ryan' in my collection:lol:
and i think i'll get some more since i'm addicted to this 'precious cutie pie' :guffaw:
ahh so sad that i must go to sleep now, it's only 11pm but i got to wake up very early to help mom, so i hope to see our boy in my dreams unless some idiots wouldn't start some more fireworks in the middle of night.

i'm basically dying to see those episodes, omg wet Ryan is just priceless only i couldn't get why he was suddenly on the ground and nearly under the car and looking angry:lol:
gee saw some more caps and gah i nearly fell off the chair :guffaw:
ok i'm starting to see things so better return tomorrow:)

this thread definately can cure depression :hugegrin:

Like you, I was more than pleased with the Greg LV episode last night, but it left me wishing Ryan had this chance!

I'm completely in on this "Project Save Ryan", =). THIS time, I'll actually stay on top of things and participate with every feedback...

Awesome idea! More than willing to make an icon for that, yum.

Loving the icon, BDS

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, Greg's epicness left me wanting MORE fore Ryan. Eric Szmanda killed it... I have NO doubt that Jon Togo would be EVERY bit of that and then some. It's time for Ryan to shine, we've been saying it season after season... somethings gotta give!!! Greg had more screen time in one episode than Ryan has had in the last four.. including our 'Ryan' centric episode.

And BDS, I seen you talking about the fireworks on Twitter... crazy ppl! So glad you used that icon.... let's all decide on a week, and do the retro!Ryan icons! Yay. :) so adorbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back