Ryan/Jon #27 - His Royal Hotness

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jun 2, 2010.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Jun 9, 2010.
  1. The Definition of Gorgeous

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. His Royal Hotness

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. TNT Togo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    You're right,we did learn that.
    Next week we will get to hear Ryan's ," I'll be gentle " line from "Miami We Have a Problem".
    It was this episode where I started to feel Ryan was really getting back to being Ryan. He was smart,witty and sexy.

2. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Ohhhh, color me shallow but I do love that scene... LOL!!!!

Hey, who am I kidding, I love all his scenes...... :drool:

Hopefully in season 9, we'll learn some in depth things about our guy!!! :D

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Hopefully we will learn more about Ryan. It's a shame we need to keep hoping for the same thing season after season.
    I bet it was a thought that by showing Ryan's parents picture in his home meant he has a good relationship with them. Why not give us some info on the relationship.

Another thought: I joined this message board right before the season 6 finale. I remember how the threads were so busy that summer,all of them for each show. A lot of talk of the finale,a lot of debating( especially about Ryan )the season 7 premiere,etc. It just seems strangely quiet compaired to then.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  4. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Eeash, too quiet? Alright, then I'll start warming up my lungs/fingers for some more talking... :).

I got another wish for Ryan (and I don't know if anyone else has said it yet, but like I said, I'm lazy). So, if and when the writers decided to "blow up" Ryan in a house...yet again (and we know they will)...how about sending him to the hospital for a change!?!?!

Don't get me wrong, I love how superhuman his body apparently is. But if they are going to have Ryan as the "everyday man," they need to be consistent in all areas.

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

It has been VERY quiet.

I see your point. He has been in two house fires and explosion and has only had a ringing in his ears to show for it. I'm not sure I want the whole ventilator-unconscience thing (that would have him "in trouble" again:rolleyes:) but at least an ER visit for stitches anyway.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

LOL,that's so true.It always happens the second part of the season so there is plenty of time for the writers to decide what they want to happen after the seaon 9 blow up.

Heck,how about someone asking how he is for once,he just goes right back to work.

7. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Oh, yeah. No bedside-will-he-survive-tears-cry-tears moments. But I think he could definitely pull off the stitches look, :).

I could seriously see the writers having him fall out of a building or something, standing up, dusting off his pants, and walking back to the Hummer, evidence in hand.

8. Blinded By Smoke

LOL. You girls are right, but he is a super hero, SO!!

But wait, if TPTB think of him as such a 'super hero' type guy, then WHY fade him off into the background? You know, I think they let him walk away, unhurt, so he can prop Calleigh's many visits to the hospital (once, Nat, but she didn't really get much from it either)... and we can focus on how 'pitiful' that is, without having to worry about Ryan. I see Ryan being sympathetic all the time towards EVERYone and he never gets an ounce back (except for Jesse/Walter this season). I can see Natalia being that way too, but they use her less than they use Ryan, so it's kind of hard to feel that....

I hope they let Calleigh, for ONCE, show him half the respect he's showed her. Just ONCE. They didn't even do that in Time Bomb!

But yes, I'm with you all... At least let someone say, "Oh, how are you?" or "are you okay?" He still talks about how 'Nailed' was one of his favorite story lines, because it's what everyone thinks about when they see him. Well this many seasons later, he should have had SEVERAL moments like that... not all 'medical' emergency's- but MOMENTS, nothing less.

It's sad. Really sad.

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I remember in Collaterial Damage, the scene after the explosion in the morgue, I was so irritated that while Kyle's and Tara'a health were inquired about, all they could say about Ryan is that he was going to stay in the morgue and gather evidence. I screamed "WHAT ABOUT RYAN, HE WAS THERE TOO".

You so right BBS; why isn't more consideration given to Ryan?!:brickwall: He is always there supporting everyone else but when it comes to him....That is why I loved the addition of Jesse and Walter; they were the two (well, Natalia did as well) who showed the most concern when Ryan was led away in handcuffs during Time Bomb and that is one reason why I'll miss Jesse:(.

Her respect for Ryan has waned since she and Eric got together. Maybe mirroring Eric's seeming on and off respect for Ryan:confused:

Well, something other than him getting into trouble anyway. And you are so right BBS, it is real sad. Jon is such a good actor we all know he could handle anything given to him.

10. Blinded By Smoke

Thanks, MiamiWolfe... I think we see eye to eye on a lot of issues!! Actually, we are all in agreement that it's way past due for Ryan/Jon to have something POSITIVE and MORE (quality) screen time!! *keeps fingers crossed*

That being said, I have a new fanfic posted.. it's helping me through the long hiatus! It's just the first chapter, and doesn't seem like much yet, but I promise it is going to be. I'm already pretty far ahead, so updates will be often... (Link is in my profile! copy,paste it!) :)

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

mhm i was about same thoughts winked time.
    and i can agree that there must be some changes at some point.
    i think idea about him being in hospital with everyone around him would be nice change after this superhuman thing sometimes i just miss some human stuff.
    and i think that season's ending would be great for this. well i just thought it would be nice if Eric would visit him in hospital and sit at his bedside. it's just a thought but Ryan need that support.

but luckily i have two fanfics in process so i can do whatever i like with Ryan:D
    but i promise i wont be too harsh on him:D

12. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Haha, that has been my complaint for a while! How is it that he is always getting blown up and everyone else is injured except him? I'm telling you. He must be magical.

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

yeah that's what i was talking about:)
    but i still hope for tptb to make him human again. since Nailed nothing has happened to confide me that he's still human.

hey writers it's time to turn Ryan back to human once more:D

14. ericandryanfan

ericandryanfan Hit and Run

i really can't wait for season 8 to start here in the u.k, the spoilers that i have seen for season 8 have been pretty good

15. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.