• Ryan/Jon #19: Waiting for the comeback of the Purple tee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ryan/Jon # 19:

I'm all for that! :drool:

I think we need to add something to the rules....Not to watch season four on your TV and season six on your laptop and have them both show Togo in all his handsomeness. You will get crossed-eyed trying to look at him in two avenues.

Not that I'm guilty of that or anything....*whistles innocently*

Last edited:

Oh man! Why they have to tie! There should have been a tie braker, the next person voted for in the next hour gets it, as in WON! I want JT to win by himself. But anyway that was a good game.....

woman: oh would u like some Jonathan fresh togo with that?
me: definately!

Wow, it's gotten quiet in here. Is everyone recovering from the summer showdown? ;) It did get a little intense there for a while. :lol:

It was nice seeing so many Ryan fans over there voting for him. So I was wondering what it was that drew everyone to Ryan in the first place? Did you like him right off, or did he have to grow on you? I know that some people weren't happy when he first showed up. I guess because change is hard, and some people were really attached to Speed and resented Ryan at first. Thankfully, I didn't have that to deal with because I didn't even start watching until Season 4, when he was already well established on the show. In fact the first eppie that I actually saw (at least in part) was Nailed. Obviously, that's a really great Ryan episode so I was hooked immediately.

I watched the show some before Jon was on it, but I didn't start watching religiously until he came on. Why? Well, because I was already a fan of his from Special Unit 2. :) So naturally, I probably would have been drawn to Ryan no matter what just cause of the actor himself. :) But, I liked Speed/Rory too. I kind of would like to see the two of them in a scene together. :lol:

Well, I was already watching the show, and I was like, hey that guy's hot. And I wound up here.

Fascinating, I know.

Just wanted to let y'all know that I added in the new thread title as the poll is closed and it seems to have won by a lot. If you guys want it changed/tweaked at any time (majority rules, of course) or if there's a problem, let me know. :)

Fieldmouse said:
It was nice seeing so many Ryan fans over there voting for him. So I was wondering what it was that drew everyone to Ryan in the first place? Did you like him right off, or did he have to grow on you? I know that some people weren't happy when he first showed up. I guess because change is hard, and some people were really attached to Speed and resented Ryan at first. Thankfully, I didn't have that to deal with because I didn't even start watching until Season 4, when he was already well established on the show. In fact the first eppie that I actually saw (at least in part) was Nailed. Obviously, that's a really great Ryan episode so I was hooked immediately.

What drew me to him was his sense of humour and the fact that he wasn't immediately liked by everyone. (the characters, not the fans) It's good that they haven't made him a male 'Mary Sue'. He's just a regular guy who really wants to get the job done and does make mistakes. I guess for me, he's easier to relate to than some of the other characters.

And I didn't like him right off the bat at all and definitely resented him. Actually, at that point, I just didn't like them introducing a new character at all. I thought the team had a perfect dynamic and he shook up the water. But he did grow on me and he has an edge that no one else has and there's still an air of mystery about him, even this many seasons in. He's probably had the least amount of characterization lately (hell, Jake gets more than he does) and I'm really interested in peeling the layers away. I get the feeling there's a lot to him that we haven't seen yet.

Last edited:

Wow, it's gotten quiet in here. Is everyone recovering from the summer showdown? ;) It did get a little intense there for a while. :lol:

I did feel as if I needed to recuperate after the game.

I pretty much watched the show from the start. I liked Ryan right away and thought he was a great addition to the show.I don't think TPTB have done a great job with his character,but that's another thread.I never resented him or saw him as taking Speed's place,after all Rory did want to leave.

Just wanted to let y'all know that I added in the new thread title as the poll is closed and it seems to have won by a lot. If you guys want it changed/tweaked at any time (majority rules, of course) or if there's a problem, let me know. :)
I like the new name!

It's good that they haven't made him a male 'Mary Sue'.

What is the male term for that? Harry Drew? :lol:

I get the feeling there's a lot to him that we haven't seen yet.

More than meets the eye. :lol: Sorry, Transformers reference there. :lol:

Yeah, they really haven't given him much characterization at all. In season three we find out he's OCD and has an Uncle Ron and then in Season 5, we find out he's got a niece (which means at least one sibling) and that he apparently spoils her (an $100 dollar ipod)... which most likely means she's his only niece and he has a gambling problem (that whole gambling thing was a very bad idea on the writers part. Warrick the sequel... ugh) :lol:. Then nothing... except for him helping H from time to time... finding the mole, etc...

How come we know everything about everyone else's families except for Ryan's?
All we know about him is that he has an uncle, apparently a sibling somewhere, and a spoiled niece.
I want angst dang it!
lol yesssss

I didn't watch the show until season 5, (yea I'm pretty much a newbie to Miami still :cardie:), but it wasn't because of Ryan at first. I just watched it because I was interested, I kept seeing the reruns of No Man's Land and Man Down and that got me hooked, believe it or not I was an Eric fan first. I think I first noticed Ryan in Dangerous Son, I had no idea why Jake was there and I was like "where's that other guy?!" I was actually worried that Ryan wasn't on the show anymore, even though I didn't care much about him then. (I didn't know he'd been fired and I had no idea who Jake was, I thought Jake was Ryan's replacement or something.) So I guess since I was so worried he was gone even though I didn't even know exactly who he was, and then being relieved when he finally showed up at the gun range, I just sort of always loved him after that. Kind of hard to understand, but yea, that's how it happened... :lol:

You know what Ryan's theme song could be? "Misunderstood" by Bon Jovi. :lol: He really is misunderstood. He tries to do the right thing, or makes some innocent little comment to Erica Sykes and it winds up on the news. :lol: Poor guy.

So I was wondering what it was that drew everyone to Ryan in the first place? Did you like him right off, or did he have to grow on you?
I liked him from the first scene I saw him in. He didn't have to grow on me at all :lol: It was immediate. I guess what really made me like him though was that we was different. He wasn't your cookiecutter CSI (well none of them really are..) He had a lot of unique characteristics that drew me in. Of course, being very cute doesn't hurt either. :lol: As the episodes/seasons went on, I liked him more and more (if it was ever possible to like him more than I already did) Of course he wasn't perfect, but I think that's why I like him so much. Also, his sense of humor is something I really liked too.

So I was wondering what it was that drew everyone to Ryan in the first place? Did you like him right off, or did he have to grow on you?

I liked him immediately. To be honset I wasn't that much of a Speed fan but it had no influence on my liking Ryan in the first place. First of all he's cute. Second the way they wrote him really appealed to me. The guy with OCD who's working to get a second degree, putting himself through college, who's very driven in what he does. And he impressed H. That was good enough for me! :D We all knew he would have made for a fantastic CSI.

Too bad the writers have made him a far-cry from the Ryan we first met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldMouse

I had only seen a few episodes before I started watching it properly from season 4. I hadn't really noticed Ryan in the s3 eps I had seen. Then I watched Nailed and started to appreciate the character. Then a while later I was watching Silencer, I think, and he doesn't appear for quite a while and I started to get aggitated and was talking to the screen, 'where is Ryan, why isn't he on yet.' That was when I realised that I really liked him.
It is a shame that they haven't expanded on his character after all this time, and the stories they have given him have been pretty lame. The fact that people still really like the character is a testament to Jon's acting and the initial characterization.

You know what Ryan's theme song could be? "Misunderstood" by Bon Jovi. :lol: He really is misunderstood. He tries to do the right thing, or makes some innocent little comment to Erica Sykes and it winds up on the news. :lol: Poor guy.

haha I know... Every tiny thing he does gets blown up in his face and everyone's pissed at him for several episodes! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back