Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

First Ryan did almost die in "Nailed", and that has definetly affected how he does his job, especially when he almost lost sight. Alexx babyed him until she found out that he hadn't bothered to get the vivion problem check out, then she dismissed him.

Never did I say he was going to backstab people, but considering the sneaking around he was doing with the gambling he was already making his moral stance more of a bad guy. Ryan could have been honest with H or anyone on the team and they would have bent over backwards to help. Instead he choose to stay quiet and let everything come to a head and then explode resulting in a storm of problems and let downs.

2. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Woah! Nailed totally slipped my mind, but I still agree with what I said before. That was a while ago, he's put it behind him..at least it seems that way. I don't think that affects him anymore but who knows.

Well generally going dark means turning against/backstabbing people. I know that his signs sort of are pointing towards "bad guy" but I just dont want to believe it :lol: I'm still hoping they don't lean that way though. I hope the whole text message/shooting thing is all something he's on in, in a good way. For some reason, even though it might be interesting for it to happen, I can not picture Ryan going dark at all. Thats just me though.

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Awesome pics, Kat! The baby holding scene was probably one of the best in the entire series.

Heh, a 'true fan' is pretty subjective. And for me, it's similar to what wolfesgamergirl mentioned.

I actually like seeing characters with poor development (a la writers) given an added edge and I think Ryan going 'Dark Side' would be interesting. Frankly, I have to disagree with the statement above that a character heading in that direction would no longer be of use. I see it as the other way around. I think a character that has nothing more to offer is a waste of television space.

Interesting point. :) That's also implying that the writers even remember that. :lol: But even if it were out of character, it would still be quite a twist and interesting for me, at least. Who knows, maybe Ryan saying that was just a guise. :p But for the record, it's my opinion that Ryan is working with Horatio.

As far as I've seen, the general lot seem to be engaged in a healthy debate. Challenging opinions all one wishes is fine as long as those opinions are respected (ie. No flaming like saying "You're an idiot" or "That's a stupid reason") and vice versa. Posting at a community will earn feedback and that's the risk we take. If you feel you're being 'jumped on' or 'attacked' for your views, please send us mods a PM and we'll be happy to take a look at it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The only being of use for so long was explained later in another post that for some reason "logged" out ,and did not post. What I said in that post in part was that the character could only go up against H so many times before the whole thing started to be repetative,ridiculous and boring so I'll still stick with the character becoming of no use.My definition of dark may be different then some,but it would include Ryan being totally alienated from his co-workers and H,a fast track to being very expendable.
    A "true fan" is subjective,and everyone has his or her own meaning.A "true fan" does stick with a character no matter what,but they also will bemoan the fate of that character.As a true fan, I think Jon Togo/Ryan has been done a disservice this last season,and would like to see something wonderful for his character.If TPTB can take him to the "dark side" without totally screwing up the character,that's fine. I will be interested to see how that's going to occur without things getting totally outrageous.How would he be able to work with the team? Would he become so dark that he is no longer a CSI?
    I too believe Ryan is helping H and will go "dark" in that context.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  7. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I totally agree! Last season, his character was just kind of there. Nothing spectacular, storyline wise. I really hope next season he has more screentime/interesting storylines. Also, I agree with you about the "dark side" thing. If they do it, I want to see how they'll do it without screwing up the show. I cant see Ryan going dark and staying on the show for long. So thats bad..Im still hoping he's in on it with H and will be seen as more of a hero rather than a bad guy.

If that happened, then TPTB are totally desperate for an interesting storyline. Him becoming so dark that hes not a CSI would just ruin the show. Especially since supposedly "its in his blood", that would be yet another discontinued storyline, courtesy of TPTB. Him going dark at all would pretty much ruin the show for me but him not being a CSI would be the icing on the cake of doom.

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Which could mean Ryan was off doing undercover work, and this would make sense if he was in on the shooting with H. But then again he could be sneaking around and working on secritive plans to take over the lab or the text was really his evidence getting done with testing. And thanks to the brillance of editing ( :rolleyes: ) scene often don't make sense until later in the ep or in a completely different ep.

But in reality the show is already messed up, considering the real factors that the other two shows use Miami is nothing but a flashy middle child. GOing on that the middle child syndrome of having to act out to get noticed, which can be seen because of the high tendency to focus on the rich side of the city. The characters are just along for the shiney ride at times.

I think Rayn could take H in a battle of wits and a physical battle, if the time so arose. With that said Ryan could even take over the lab if H was to die or be so inured that he couldn't return, though I'm sure there would be a lot of head butting from the rest.

9. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

That could be true..but to us, it really doesnt matter if he was doing undercover work or not because he didnt get a lot of screentime. I meant more like Ryan was just there last season..even if he was doing secretive stuff, how could we know? We only know about what we see. We just have to wait until next season to see everything play out. I cant wait that long though!!

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Actually to me if a character isn't on screen for a while, then there is something big in the works. Ryan wasn't around much before the gambling blew up in his face. So more than likely, if TPTB wake up, there will be something big with Ryan.

Ryan's screen time is quite similar to that of Greg's from LV, they aren't on much but when they are they captivate the screen and have memorable scenes. Seems the "younger" members of the team get shoved aside for other drama with the rest of the team. :rolleyes:

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I actually agree with both these points.I think head butting is a big understatement though. LOL

12. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Hi everybody! I'm new and I love Jon/Ryan! Sorry for my grammatical mistakes, I'm from Russia. Can you help me find video commerce with Jonathan and Carmen Elektra(2004)?

13. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

That's the best description of the show I've heard so far, and it's very true. "Miami in the Middle", and they don't know where they fit in anymore, really. So who knows what's going to happen to Ryan in the fall!

14. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Its been way too long since we've had a discussion in here (okay, 3 days, but still!)

I was watching "Shoot Out" (I know, aww) but I couldn't noticing yet again, how Ryan has a soft spot for kids. This is really something they need to address. We've seen what, 3 scenes suggesting something happened involving a kid that effects Ryan. Maybe it was something that happened to him as a kid? We need answers! How long can they keep dropping hints, seasons apart, before we get some facts? :scream:

On a lighter note, I was also thinking of my favorite Ryan quotes because I watched the episode (I dont remember the title at the moment) where Alexx is popping the "bloater" and Ryan's face was priceless! I know thats not really a quote, but it got me thinking of his rare funny lines. Whats your guys' favorite Ryan quote? (Some of mine are the classics; from "Thats hot" to "thats one kinky party" and finally to "I've got a keen grasp of the obvious")

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Hmm Ryan quotes...I have a few. :D

"Haven't you ever pushed aside the dinner plates to get some?"
    (Nailed)

^ Hmm that might be a good idea for a fic. *gets thinking*

"New mafia, my ass!"
    (From the Grave)

^ And such a nice ass. :p

"That's a whole island, isn't it? Wow. My parents are leaving me their lawn mower."
    (Legal)

^ :guffaw:

Ryan Wolfe: It's not me... it's my uncle.
    (Crime Wave)

^ If we only knew....well besides the obvious...

Eric Delko: [Ryan is playing a game an earlier bank robbery was based on] Any progress yet?
    Ryan Wolfe: No, I can't get past this level. Because you keep shooting me!
    Eric Delko: What?
    Ryan Wolfe: Not you, the cop in this game...
    (Urban Hellraisers)

^ One of my all time faves. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.