Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Ah alright then, my mistake. :) No worries! Though I do suggest reading the Board Rules if you're ever unsure. :)

2. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Sue, that makes me feel better that I didn't miss anything recent. I might have been around here then, but since I didn't start watching Miami until it's fourth season, I wouldn't have paid much attention to it. My first episode was Nailed (or at least the end of it), and after that I never missed a new episode. I think it had a lot to do with Jonathan's performance. (Or the shippy vibe I got, but that's for another forum. :)).

3. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

the only reason I never read guidelines is because most forums have the same, no swearing unless its like S#!@, keep it Pg13,etc...
    So that's the only reason... but if im unsure, (aside from when its a challenge and the guidelines are posted right there) i will check it out :)

I remember for school, in science we got to watch CSI every day. It was pretty sweet.. at first we started watching the original then it was miami...
    At that time, speedle was there... and i only just really liked the show.
    But for a while now its been my favorite show, as well as other shows, but still!

4. NataliaWolfe

NataliaWolfe Victim

I wanna ask a question, maybe it will sound stupid, but I did read somewhere that there's a discussion on wikipedia about Jon, but when I click on it there's nothing, no discussion board, nothing, so I'm kinda cunfused about it

5. Finch

Hi NataliaWolfe, welcome to TalkCSI. :)

I took a gander around Wikipedia and Jonathan Togo's page as well as Ryan Wolfe's page and there doesn't seem to be a message board there. However, when you click on discussion near the top of the page, (specifically in Ryan's page) they have a section called 'Talk:Ryan Wolfe' which is a community that includes 'Talk Pages' where you can comment on an article. There's information about it here where you can find out how to post a comment to an article.

Also, they make a point that wikipedia is not a discussion forum.

Hopefully this helps somewhat. :) (Though both pages are teeny bit contradictory of each other which makes it a tad confusing, lol) You can contact Wikipedia for further assistance if you'd like, as I'm not completely familiar with the site. Someone else here might be though. Don't feel stupid at all for asking! All of us here are pretty friendly and willing to help. :)

Of course you're more than welcome to discuss Ryan/Jon here at TalkCSI! :D (And just to let you know, your banner can be no bigger than 220x75. ;) Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it)

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Welcome to the Jan/Ryan thread, NataliaWolfe! Hope you have a great time!

I don't trust Wikipedia...anyone can change anything so you never know if it's true. Many professors and teachers say not to use it for research as well.

I've been searching for info and stuff on Jon and haven't found anything. *sigh* Guess this strike is really kicking everything in the face. Darn it!!

7. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Welcome to the Ryan Wolfe thread NataliaWolfe

8. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I don't trust Wikipedia either, Sara. You're right about anyone being able to add info to it and a lot of fans will put stuff without even comfirming the truth of it.

Welcome NataliaWolfe. I really like your banner, but it's larger then it's suppose to be for the board. I thought it was just a pic you posted. Banner size for the board is 220 x 75.

We better watch out or Geni is going to give us a pop quiz on rules in here. Such as icon/banner sizes, postin w/ content and double postin. ;)

9. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

hahaha, well if there is a "pop quiz"...
    what are they going to do, hunt you down for answers? haahah

Wikipedia is a lame place, its okay for some things.. but when you need accurate information its not the best source to rely on.

Alright guys, new question
    well its not really a question.

Create an outfit for jonathan to wear... rather in a photoshoot or on CSI.
    you can post URLs (or thumbnails) of outfits. (use a search engine...etc) The outfit can include evrything from glasses, to shoes :) You can create more than one outfit.

Outfit #1
    Blazer
    Shirt
    Pants
    Shoes

Thats what I have so far!

10. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Ok I don't and can't post a picture of the suit I'd like to see Togo in because well it's hit Birthday suit and I think I'd get in trouble for that one :devil:

But I do agree those jeans would like awesome on him and he loves those kinds of shoes, those are the kind he wears all the time.. :p

11. NataliaWolfe

NataliaWolfe Victim

Yeah, wikipedia is pretty lame, Jon is being a single there, but I don't believe he broke up with his girlfriend.

I love what Jon wears in Miami (except the sweater vests xD), so I wouldn't even know what else to want him to wear, but I would know what I wouldn't want him to wear, everything he has on! But I totally adore the pink shirts and white jackets! And those shoes that Katelynn posted.

Thanks everyone for warm welcome! :)

12. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

haha sue, i think we would all like that suit ;)
    I love converses!!!!
    but i usually wear skinny jeans and since i bought my converses a size too big, they look funny.. so now i wear my vans with my skinny jeans hahaha. i dont even know how this is relevant.

a little off topic: does anyone know emilys proctors band? or is that something made up?

anyways back onto jonathan,
    If you had the choice of what movie jonathan would star in, what movie would that be?
    (it can be a movie that's already out, or a movie in the theatres)

13. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Oh boy I was talking to Sue about this the other day and I said I wish he had been in Brokeback Mountain! I have a few co stars in mind I would not have minded seeing him with in that movie....but I will keep that all quiet. :devil: :p

Other then that some kind of a comedy I think. I loved his goofiness in SU2 and I would love to see that on the big screen.

14. Finch

^ It's a shame the wardrobe people on Miami are so terrible. I very much like the idea of that blazer--it seems on the show, they try to make him look older than he actually is. There's designer and then there's 'magazine'. :rolleyes: Though I realize it's Miami and the brighter the better. Something dark never hurts though.

^^^ And no, there won't be any pop quizzes or hunt downs.

15. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Ok Kat you're going to have my mind wandering again, thnx!

One movie that when I was watching it I kept thinking TOgo would have been great in it, Fever Pitch, with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barymore. I love Juimmy and he was great in it, but I just kept thinking it would have been a great movie for togo to have done. He's from Boston, has that awesome accent and loves the team. Plus Drew is one of my all time fav actress. It's funny cause I've always liked her and now she's dating togo's best buddy, whom is also one of my fav actors.

I can't remember what Emily's band is called, Katie. But it is real. SHe does have a cover band or well did back in season 3. They played a few gigs in the L.A area I believe, didn't do a real tour. I believe Togo mentioned it in his chat and she talked about it in an interview and said she was going to try to talk togo into playing his sax...for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.