Rock/Alternative music

Oooh I like this thread :D :D :D

Some of my fav bands: Alter Bridge, Three Days Grace, Rammstein, Linkin Park, Metallica, Green Day, Eminem (not a band, but I love him! :)), Evanescence, Sevendust, Creed, Disturbed, Thornley, Deadsy, Filter, Garbage.

Thornley?!?! Do you mean Ian Thornley? Formerly of Big Wreck? Ian Thornley?
Rammstein, Metallica, Garbage, Filter, Eminem, Kid Rock. My main problem, I love music. I have neglected to update 'MY LIST' in a little while. *Try seven years.* The last official count I have is 865. I figure it must be closer 1200 now. You will find Bing Crosby and Gene Kelly along with Biohazard, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang stk, with Stompin' Tom Connors, SRV, Morbid Angel and Cat Stevens. What you will not find. STC aside, country. Not a heck of a lot of rap/hip hop. Jazz, or gregorian chants (my dad's stuff). I have a bit of classical music. *shhhh! don't tell.* ;)

*backs away slowly* Older bands...I-I hate older bands! *runs*

I pretty much hate anything before '99. I hate practically all 90's music and can barely tolerate 80's music. There's a select few that I do like but not a lot of them.

I feel like I have a young padowan to teach of the greatness of older bands 1970s (Pure LOVE, SEX and R'n'R bands), 1980s (I could live without the hair metal wannabe bands), and 1990s (My Generation of music, got to love them).

I'll teach you to rock out like you've never rocked before. :cool: :D

You'll never take me alive!! *runs* :lol:

I have been so obssessed with my radio of late, it's almsot frightening! Seriously, I hear about every rock song at least twice except the ones I really like of course. Our radio station is fickle like that! Why am I so obssessed??? WHY???

I think it was last month, he played a gig in Thorold. It's up here in Ontario. Anyway, the d.j. on the I listen to, she convinced Ian to change the band's name to Thorold for that night. I thought was so cool of him, to play along with her! :D

I pretty much hate anything before '99. I hate practically all 90's music and can barely tolerate 80's music. There's a select few that I do like but not a lot of them.

I feel like I have a young padowan to teach of the greatness of older bands 1970s (Pure LOVE, SEX and R'n'R bands), 1980s (I could live without the hair metal wannabe bands), and 1990s (My Generation of music, got to love them).

That's my generation of music too! I'd rather listen to 90's alternative than anything else on radio. I swear, if you've never heard or appreciated 90's alternative, you haven't appreciated alternative at its finest at all. Heh.

I'm still hoping for an alternative uprising soon. I'm getting sick and tired of all the hip- hop on MTV.

I like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park, Filter, Green Day, Nickelback & Foo Fighters. But really, I'm a huuuuuge Police & Hendrix fan.

I really can't get into the "alternative" ones coz I work for a primarily pop-jazz radio station. Gotta keep up with what's what, I'm afraid :( Also, I don't really listen to the lyrics of rock/altenative song for some reason - I've never been angsty (my writing professor loathes that word, heh) just a bit brooding. I just listen to the music (whoa, Doobie Bros.) and fly away...wot?! :D

O.K., I'm lifting directly from a couple of billboards for a local radio station.
Scorpions Sting Barenaked Ladies. :lol:
Doobie Brothers Kiss Twisted Sister. :lol:
I like all but BNL :)

That's my generation of music too! I'd rather listen to 90's alternative than anything else on radio. I swear, if you've never heard or appreciated 90's alternative, you haven't appreciated alternative at its finest at all. Heh.

I'm still hoping for an alternative uprising soon. I'm getting sick and tired of all the hip- hop on MTV.

Amen to that! If Hip-Hop isnt' on MTV, then it's reality shows! Come on people! It's supposed to be Musical Television! TRL and All Things Rock is practically the only good shows MTV has anymore!

BTW-I like Alkaline Trios new one too. Very funky!

I totally agree theres WAY too much hip hop on tv.. I'm also pissed off that they've taken Q music channel off at night and replaced it with FHM that also plays lots of hip hop havent we got enough channels of it already?

I've heard of Radiohead and I know the Caesers song from the iPod commercials and from a radio station doing something called 'The Buzzcut' but I've never heard of the Divorce.

I've heard of Radiohead. I don't really like there stuff. Thom kinda bugs me. A few of my friends like them though. Can't say I have heard of the other two. What iPod advertisement has the Caesers?

Back