Rick Stetler - We Love To Hate Him

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know... but I love the black and white more.. lol... :D

I'm gonna have to change... damn.. look at him... can I mess up that hair.. pleas.. :D :D pritty pleas

May I join you? There's just something about stettie that I just love. I mean I hate him at the same time but I love him to death as well. And alot of people think he was a pain in season 3 with the whole "you need to go to therapy" blah blah blah to horatio and Eric. But actually I think he actually cared. But that's just me. He's got this reputation of being a jerk or whatever but I think he's trying to be nice but people are thinking he's a being a jerk about it because of his reputtation and using that against him.

And alot of people think he was a pain in season 3 with the whole "you need to go to therapy" blah blah blah to horatio and Eric. But actually I think he actually cared.

same here.. I think he really do care.. I eman.. when Speed kets shot and he come in and he says something like "one of our own, that's the worst thing" (or something) I just realized that the other day.. and H says thank you rick.. and then he's trying to do his job and H just snapps at him see calleigh, SEE CALLEIGH.. H jsut shush will you , pleas...

well he's being the jerk coz everyone expects him to be.. but in the eppy from the grave 4.1 in the end.. you'll see. there's no evil in those eyes.. I didn't see it anyway.. and I don't hate him I just love him to death

and H says thank you rick.. and then he's trying to do his job and H just snapps at him see calleigh, SEE CALLEIGH.. H jsut shush will you , pleas...
I think H can be forgiven for reacting like that after Speed had just died in his arms.

I think Rick is a wonderful character - I always have since his introduction in 'Blood Brothers'. He definitley has a compassionate side, and much of the time, he is only doing his job. The H/Rick tension is just wonderful, and it's a part of the show I still really enjoy. :)

I totally agree about the Horatio and Rick tension. It makes the show more enjoyable in my opinion. The actor who
portrays Stetler does a great acting job. His performance
really makes you dislike Stetler.

And alot of people think he was a pain in season 3 with the whole "you need to go to therapy" blah blah blah to horatio and Eric. But actually I think he actually cared.

same here.. I think he really do care.. I eman.. when Speed kets shot and he come in and he says something like "one of our own, that's the worst thing" (or something) I just realized that the other day.. and H says thank you rick.. and then he's trying to do his job and H just snapps at him see calleigh, SEE CALLEIGH.. H jsut shush will you , pleas...

well he's being the jerk coz everyone expects him to be.. but in the eppy from the grave 4.1 in the end.. you'll see. there's no evil in those eyes.. I didn't see it anyway.. and I don't hate him I just love him to death

Yeah, I'll give H props for snapping at him then. Because I know if I worked with someone for a long time and then they died right in front of me I know i'd snap at people.

But I love the h/stetler tension. But the whole

spoiler warning

Thing about stetler hating/dislking him because Stetler Didn't make Lt. and I believe his exact words were. "I'm stuck with this I.A.B. crap." Oh man I laughed so hard at that. I was like "ooookkkkayyyyy." stetie has a stupid reason for a grudge. But oh well. I love the guy anyhow. But I do honestly think he cares its just he has the reputation of being a 'jackass' so everybody thinks that when he does something good he's being a jerk about it. Anywhosie that's just my opinion.

well welll but you forget one BIG negatively thing in S cahracter.

Hi HIT woman !!!!!!

hope no one in yours live to meet man like him, when they did it once they will do it again and again.....
i my personal live i have frends of main which come into collision with that kind of men....w0w ... ugly pictures....

and for H and S....ok sometimes S realy cares of H`s team. but in whole story hi (S) is the one who "chase" H. hi just search reasen to 'hate' him. furst for Y and second for unget raise ....
but it`s true like Lucy said that H/S tension is just wonderful maken. in the CSI miami mast have '+' and '-' characters. the witers still don`t quickness to spoil this thing. hahah. and hope will not .

in the one epi in S3 when S talk private with H for "you need to go to therapy" blah blah blah i too don`like how H react toward S in the end of that epi and decline to come in elevator whit S....this scen wos`t our H....

Edit: yes Lucy i remember this phoncall by Rj when Y break with S. and in my main there is other one cool H scene when S charge H to go to psychiatrist only for his influential (officially force) and H developer respect toward S with his agreedment ,but if only S go to therapy (for the Y) tell my after this H in not gentleman .....

Well, Stetler was introduced to the show specifically to be a nemesis for Horatio. H has always been deeply cynical about IAB/Federal interference in his Lab's activities, and this outlook of his stems right back to Season 1 and has continued from then. It has alot to do with H's loyalty to his team. He feels that when the 'authorities' get themselves involved, they are somehow trying to undermine the work that they do, and we all know how fiercely loyal he is.

I can't remember who H said this to - it might have been a Fed, who was asking probing questions, and H's reply was something like "Do you miss being a real cop?"

He has a naturally low opinion of the authorities, believing very much that they only hinder the course of justice, rather than help it.

You also have to remember that when it comes to H's dislike of Stetler, Yelina came into the equation too in seasons 2 and 3. It was almost as if Rick deliberately dated her because he knew H had feelings for her, but couldn't act on them. It was a very effective way for him to get under H's skin even more.

As speedmonkey said, the whole 'you beat me to a promotion' angle that was brought in in Season 4 seemed very lame indeed. Everyone who knows the Miami archive knows that the animosity between H and Stetler had an awful lot to do with Yelina.

EDIT: Pusher, I think we were replying at the same time! Indeed, we should not forget that it seems Rick did physically abuse Yelina. Why would Ray Jnr have phoned H in such a concerned state in 'Whacked', if he wasn't fearing for his mother's (and possibly his own) safety.

the whole 'you beat me to a promotion' angle that was brought in in Season 4 seemed very lame indeed.

I had the impression, that the writers included this in a rush, because Stetler always was quite fair towards H. He did his job (whether he liked it or not), but until this came up, he never really teased H, the way he could have done, if he intended to.
Just remember that scene, where H returned from NY and Stetler asked him, what this subpoena was about. H explained and even Stetler couldn't understand it.
I'm not so much fond of him (as the thread-title says "love to hate him"), but he surprised me more than once.

Just remember that scene, where H returned from NY and Stetler asked him, what this subpoena was about. H explained and even Stetler couldn't understand it.
I'm not so much fond of him (as the thread-title says "love to hate him"), but he surprised me more than once.

He won't surprise me...But when he did this pyrprise work, I felt so funny..."I love to hate him", and it's the way that we need bad guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, look what I found! A Stetler thread! Just when I was wondering why there wasn't one...
Now, I know I'm not the only one who's notice a severe lack of a certain IAB officer lately...

Every hero needs someone to clash with on a regular basis. Otherwise it's just him against the crooks, and we know he always wins that fight. But Stetler is a constant thorn in Horatio's side.

It's important to remember that even though Rick is doing his best to discredit the lab and make Horatio's life miserable, he is still a cop. Which means he's going to go about it in a completely legal way.

And if you need a reason to hate him, he most likely tried to hurt Yelina. She whooped him, but he tried. And ya can't abide a man who beats a woman.

No offence to his fans, but I really don't like him. He actually did surprise me in "From the Grave", and I was thinking what is he doing there??" :confused: Okay....
Everyone needs an enemy, even Horatio Caine, but Rick has a very poor reason for disliking Horatio. How long can someone hold a grudge?? And he hit Yelina. I really hated him for that. :mad:
Also, in "After the Fall", he pursued Horatio for police brutality, without even consulting the evidence. He just assumed, basically, that Horatio was guilty, and that got me mad. Calleigh was right to stand up to him.:

STETLER: Good job.
Calleigh: No... the truth was there all along if you had bothered to investigate...
STETLER: You don't know my job.
Calleigh: Lucky for you I know mine.

And the coup de grace:
Horatio: Rule number 1, NEVER mess with Calleigh Duquesene, Rick.
The look on Steler's face was priceless!! :D :lol:

I agree that there is tension between Rick and Horatio, and that makes for great T.V. Their scenes are really good to watch, but going as far as making up in the near future, I really don't see that happening. Lessening of malice and venom towards each other maybe, but I could never see Horatio being friends with Rick, even if Rick wants to turn over a new leaf. It wouldn't be logical, for one thing. If that ever happens, I'm abducting the writers and brainwashing them!! :p :lol:

I love the tension between the 2 also. Having someone on there that is kinda of a bad boy is refreshing. It seems like besides the bad guys everyone was a goodie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back