Rick Stetler - We Love To Hate Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leannethemouse

CSI Level Three
Hey I started a new thread because I couldn't find the other one.

I like Rick - for many reasons, and as there are threads for the other characters I thought maybe people would want to disscuss Rick, also I am writing some fanfic and I need some questions answered.
1. Does he carry a gun?
2. Why does he dislike Horatio? ( I heard somewhere it was explained)
3. Do we know anything about his past?

Also me - being nosey - I just wanted to know what you liked about him, the most.

Message To The Mods : If I am in anyway out of line by creating another thread, please delete this thread if needed.

My understanding is he hates Horatio because once Yelina came to work with a black eye while still dating Rick and Horatio said, "You ever touch her again, I'll kill you." And then Horatio got a promotion over Rick so that didn't help.

I don't know much about his past and I am sure he carries a gun.

Rick can annoy me at times but it would be weird without him, I have fun making fun of some of some of the things he says and does. Even though he can be annoying it would be awfully weird without him.

SPOILER WARNING for anyone who hasn't seen season 4

It was revealed that Rick didn't like the fact that Horatio got promoted to LT over him. He more or less said that he was more qualified for the job but that they gave it to Horatio because of the people he knew. He basically admitted to also taking it out on his team. Looks like it is a good thing he wasn't promoted to LT...he doesn't seem real stable. I guess picking on his team is his way of getting back at him but that isn't fair to them. It's not their fault H got promoted over him.

Personally I think that was a lame reason for him wanting revenge. It would seem more likely that he would be jealous of Horatio over Yelina instead of some promotion.

While I know every hero needs a nemesis (and even poor H has to put up with having one) I think that in CSI:M poor old Sgt Stetler has got a very bad deal.

Now I have Season 3 on DVD I've been watching episodes I saw on TV before I understood all the relationships going on within the series and who is interacting with who.

Poor old Rick is being pushed every which way to have to fit in with plot lines which are being written without writers talking to each other. Many times while watching CSI:M I've gone "Where the hell did that come from ??" and Stetler suffers the worst of this I think. If ever there was a scapegoat in all this its him -- need someone to be awkward, want H to get cross? then write a scene for Stetler.

The problem is I'm British and I was brought up with the concept of Pantomime baddies. What they are doing to Stetler is creating a King Rat (from Dick Whittington) or Abanazar (from Aladdin) and all I want to do is either sit there going "Boo Hiss!" or feel sorry for the poor bloke.

Oh great thread Leanne, I really do love to hate Stetler. :lol: I choose everything, although I always get the impression that H hates Stetler a lot more than Stetler hates him! :lol:

Yes I believe they hate each other. I don't know who hates who more but definitely hate each other.

I love Stetler. And he loves Horatio.

I wish the writers would put down the Superman comics, however, and give us a real look into Stetler's psyche. I hate it when they make him this angry little man who has absolutely no motivation to hate Horatio (except loving him so much) except because he's the bad guy and he has to. I think Stetler's greatest moments are when he shows a bit of humanity, like when he was worried about Horatio in... Nailed? Nailed, I think. That was a great moment. It was also great when he showed concern over Eric's well being in Killer Date. I really wish we had more moments like that, because I can't buy that this man's entire life revolves around making Horatio look bad, and hating Horatio (because he loves him so much).

Come on, these are people, not Smurfs.

:lol: I love that picture Ducky! It's H in disguise. :lol:

I love that moment in 'Killer Date' midnight, were he shows genuine concern for Eric - I think im coming around to your way of thinking, it is so clear now he loves H! *I'll stop now before I enter shipping territory * :lol:

I voted 'he's evil', but in a good way. :lol:

Anyway, the orange tie pic always makes me grimace. I try to look at his face but *boom* that tie is just in the way. He dressed in the dark that day. Poor thing, probably why H doesn't wear ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back